Gun Owners (NRR)

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I know there are some here. What you got?

Comments

• hardy-har

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

hardy-har
    This just looks like a massive tumor, why oh why??

• I have a sawed off. My grandpa sawed it off and my step dad gave it to me. I used to have a revolver but my step dad took it back, damn him.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Never.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    If I find time to take the exam, I plan on buying a 22 rifle so I can shoot at cans. That's what you do in New Brunswick.

• i have a 1980s pez space gun and a 1950s pez shooter. the 50s gun still shoots so if i ever get robbed, they'll get a hefty blow on the brow from a rock hard piece of solidified sugar - before i get my ass beat and my toys broken or stolen.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Only a paintball gun with a sniper barrel for accurate defacement of billboards.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I have no problem being the owner of a hunting rifle. I have no interest owning an object that's designed for killing people.

So what happens when you shoot a deer, or possibly something even bigger, yet after you track it you discover that the animal isn't quite dead. Do you pop it from point blank range with your rifle? I think not.

Hello handgun.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    an object that's designed for killing people.

Er... potentially that's ANY gun.

That being said, I own a 9mm Springfield semi, a .357 Magnum and .22 target pistol.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    an object that's designed for killing people.

Er... potentially that's ANY gun.

That being said, I own a 9mm Springfield semi, a .357 Magnum and .22 target pistol.

You must keep these here in the US, eh?

• guns suck

• A hunting rifle can certainly be used for killing people...as can a kitchen knife, frying pan, or anvil. But a handgun has its particular shape so as to be easily wielded and sufficiently accurate in close-range inter personal confrontations.

That's true. But a split second of rage with a gun has much more horrendous results than any of those other objects. I held a Magnum once and it was enough for me to know I'm not gonna fuck with guns.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I have no problem being the owner of a hunting rifle. I have no interest owning an object that's designed for killing people.

So what happens when you shoot a deer, or possibly something even bigger, yet after you track it you discover that the animal isn't quite dead. Do you pop it from point blank range with your rifle? I think not.

Hello handgun.

No. Hello bowie knife through the top of the skull. Or if it's alive enough to merk you with the antler-steez and you don't think you can outwit it hand-to-hoof, you back up and shoot it again with your rifle.

But if you want to be a true sportsman, you get your bow and arrow.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    .38 Special. For killing featherless bipeds.

• yeah, bow hunting is the real shit, not that I do it but I've got lots of respect for those who do...as for guns they are just tools like anything else, I would own a couple but wifey is pretty anti. I'd like to have a 9mm and a 12 gauge...and perhaps an AK stashed for the post-apocalyps

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    But if you want to be a true sportsman, you get your bow and arrow beat that motherfucker to death with your bare hands, you goddamn pantywaist.

• my grandpa gave me his bolt action 22 when i was like 10 or so. i clipped a bird with it and then my grandpa made me blow its head off near point blank range to put it out of misery. i never messed with guns after that.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ...and perhaps an AK stashed for the post-apocalyps

this is interesting because i been lookin to get what anti gun folks call an "assault rifle". and its exactly for the reason you stated above.
    i really dont want to get caught defenseless if something major goes down in this country.
    ive seen some documentaries and read stories about freedom fighters in some cities back during ww2 that saved their cities because they were able to fight back.
    im not really too worried about thieves in my area

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Hello handgun.

YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY NOT FROM WISCONSIN!!!!!!

A. slit throat

B. take a few steps back and shoot the skull.

A is the only choice for real hunters.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    A hunting rifle can certainly be used for killing people...as can a kitchen knife, frying pan, or anvil. But a handgun has its particular shape so as to be easily wielded and sufficiently accurate in close-range inter personal confrontations.

That's true. But a split second of rage with a gun has much more horrendous results than any of those other objects. I held a Magnum once and it was enough for me to know I'm not gonna fuck with guns.

If you're worried that you might kill someone if you owned a gun, then I agree you should stay away. I am certain that circumstances would have to be mighty extreme if I were to ever shoot somebody.

I'm leaning more and more towards buying a handgun. I've been going up to the mountain to shoot with friends and it's a lot of fun. I've got a bolt action .22 from '48 (Remington 511), but it's just not as satisfying as a 9mm.

• .22s are worthless. I'm not a fan of pistols, either, but they have their uses for putting game out of its misery.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    at the moment, i gots two 9's a 45, a shotgun, a 38 & a 22 for old times sake...

geez i hate to be around you when a bad trade goes down..
    seriously thou this thread is morbid!!!

• kubkub 46 Posts
    I Got Seven MAC-11s, About Eight .38s, Nine 9s, Ten Mac-10s/ the shit neva ends/
    you can't touch my riches/ even if u had M.C. Hammer and them 357 bitches!

• this thread is ridiculous.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    at the moment, i gots two 9's a 45, a shotgun, a 38 & a 22 for old times sake...

based on your ignorance i dont think you have to worry bout being around me...
    ahhh ever you are in need of some therapy...
    man i cant belive openly you guys talk about guns this shit is sickining.

• man i cant belive openly you guys talk about guns this shit is sickining.

In what way?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

based on your ignorance i dont think you have to worry bout being around me...
    ahhh ever you are in need of some therapy...

man i cant belive openly you guys talk about guns this shit is sickining.

therapy? i think since you like to keep things in the closet, you actually might be the one in need of therapy...

I actually Agreed with Dude,

Anyone who owns a Gun needs to be taken out and shot!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

i really dont want to get caught defenseless if something major goes down in this country.
    ive seen some documentaries and read stories about freedom fighters in some cities back during ww2 that saved their cities because they were able to fight back.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

state your age or you're SOFT

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    .22s are worthless.

I was under the impression that a .22 pistol is quite popular among professional killers, the principal being that the slug packs enough force to enter the skull, but not enough to leave it, causing the slug to richocet inside the skull, shredding the brain.