Thanksgiving at your house, what's it look like?

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

T**i and I have been invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with husband and wife colleagues of mine (out in West Jersey). It was an awfully kind gesture on their part and the kind of thing that would never happen in Milwaukee. They have faculty and non-faculty friends coming from in- and out-of-state and it looks to be a good time. It think they are having the usual Thanksgiving fare of turkey, ham, dressing, etc. and lots of wine (so it sounds). I'm taking a bottle of this along:

Sterling Vineyards Three Palms Merlot

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Here is what is it looking like so far at my house.

Saint Arnold's Divine #5 Russian Imperial Stout
    Session Lager
    Newcastle Brown Ale
    Breckenridge Christmas Ale
    Anchor Steam Christmas Ale
    Steamworks Conductor Imperial Pale Ale
    Dogfish Head 120 minute
    Dogfish Head 90 minute
    Sierra Nevada Fresh Hop Harvest Ale
    Miller Lite someone left in my fridge

Plus my own homebrew beers

Hazelnut Brown Ale
    Southern Brown Ale
    Summer Saison
    Honey Porter

What yeast did you use for the Saison? I'm about to use my first belgian strain in about a week or so. Ferm temps are so good right now, i've been at a constant 68 for weeks now.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    My wife and I hosted, which seems to be the tradition since we moved around the corner from my mother-in-law last year. Mom came over and cooked, sister-in-law was up in Montreal this year with Mom's family. Some friends joined us, brought some wine, and after dinner we watched the classic WKRP In Cincinatti Thanksgiving episode ("Oh my God, they're turkeys!"--- )
    then we watched 'Wattstax' and 'Talk to Me' while continuing to enjoy plenty of wine. I was up late cleaning up, but it was a nice nice Thanksgiving.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

What yeast did you use for the Saison? I'm about to use my first belgian strain in about a week or so. Ferm temps are so good right now, i've been at a constant 68 for weeks now.

I used White Labs Saison Ale Yeast 1. The Saison I made had organic lemon zest and crushed paradise seeds in it which gave it a real subtle lemon flavor.

http://www.whitelabs.com/beer/strains_wlp565.html

• My wife and I hosted, which seems to be the tradition since we moved around the corner from my mother-in-law last year. Mom came over and cooked, sister-in-law was up in Montreal this year with Mom's family. Some friends joined us, brought some wine, and after dinner we watched the classic WKRP In Cincinatti Thanksgiving episode ("Oh my God, they're turkeys!"--- )
    then we watched 'Wattstax' and 'Talk to Me' while continuing to enjoy plenty of wine. I was up late cleaning up, but it was a nice nice Thanksgiving.

OH THE HUMANITY?!?!?!?[/b]

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Session Lager

Damn, Your in Texas??

I had no idea Sessions had nationwide distribution. They won't even put it in Kegs!
    I really like that beer, its the only "regular" beer I can drink ( not pbr or coors for me....ewwww) And it has a higher Alcohol % than most domestic lagers.

I emailed them about kegging it and they said they probably never would =( I also emailed them about their to get off twist offs which are more like pop offs.

Do they carry other Full Sail products in your area?

man sessions is shit, I didn't expect it to be amazing or anything but that shit taste like aluminum. I was glad my spot finally stopped carrying it.

I just had shiner black for the first time, I really like it.

My wife and I hosted, which seems to be the tradition since we moved around the corner from my mother-in-law last year. Mom came over and cooked, sister-in-law was up in Montreal this year with Mom's family. Some friends joined us, brought some wine, and after dinner we watched the classic WKRP In Cincinatti Thanksgiving episode ("Oh my God, they're turkeys!"--- )

"As God is my witness....I thought turkeys could fly."

• My wife and I hosted, which seems to be the tradition since we moved around the corner from my mother-in-law last year. Mom came over and cooked, sister-in-law was up in Montreal this year with Mom's family. Some friends joined us, brought some wine, and after dinner we watched the classic WKRP In Cincinatti Thanksgiving episode ("Oh my God, they're turkeys!"--- )

"As God is my witness....I thought turkeys could fly."

I've hesitated to buy these because I heard the OG music had been removed. I love that show, though. I'll even go as far as to say that I dug the "new" WKRP when it came on...

• the classic WKRP In Cincinatti Thanksgiving episode ("Oh my God, they're turkeys!"--- )

Although I've seen a lot of episodes throughout the years, I've actually never seen this particular episode (lived overseas when the original came out).

Peace to everyone working today.

John

the classic WKRP In Cincinatti Thanksgiving episode ("Oh my God, they're turkeys!"--- )

Although I've seen a lot of episodes throughout the years, I've actually never seen this particular episode (lived overseas when the original came out).

Peace to everyone working today.

John

let's just say it may be the funniest single episode on a sitcom ever, IMO, but you be the judge.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

man sessions is shit, I didn't expect it to be amazing or anything but that shit taste like aluminum.

Well I don't drink beer out of a can so I don't know what shit tastes like.