get a list going of all the people that hate meat

Comments

• I try to stay vegetarian except for chicken/pork at taquerias and bacon at breakfast spots. (And Turkey this weekend!)

Haha, this pretty much means you are not a vegetarian in any way.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Does anyone notice though that most vegans and vegs look sickly all the time?

I used to shop at the Whole Foods in Dallas and noticed that a lot of the shoppers looked unhealthy.

I came to the conclusion that when people get diagnosed with a serious illness THAT'S when they decide to start eating healthy which explained the sickly Whole Foods folks.

I treat Vegans and Christians the same way....do whatever you want but don't preach to me about what's what.

• Iv eaten cow, chicken, turkey, duck, quall, ostridge, pig, lamb, deer, buffalo, elk, squirrel, alligator, frog, rabbit, snake, and all kinds of seafood. I guess I like meat but vegetables are my favorite.

• Does anyone notice though that most vegans and vegs look sickly all the time?

hardly. take a look around yourself at the high percentage of obese americans and go find out how many of them are vegetarians.

ive been vegetarian for over ten years. but i bought my folks a local,farm raised, organic turkey for tomorrow...so i might have a couple bites.

the more cows you eat, the more it will support a business that cuts down irreplacable wild habitat to make pasture land filled with ozone puncturing cows.thee s many levels to why the beef industry is environmentally fucked up. at least treat yourself to some small farm raised, local, grass fedcows (cue whining: but it coooooooossssts so much!)

as for me,i abstain.

• I treat Vegans and Christians the same way....do whatever you want but don't preach to me about what's what.

i support that!!

• anybody see that one Anthony Bourdain when he goes to Malaysia and hits that one island that isnt Muslim, and they have this roast pig that is bathed in Coconut Water throughout the entire cooking? It basically ends up coated in carmelized coconut....holy shit, I wanna hop on plane right now!

The closest thing we have here in town is this one Vietnamese spot with Carmelized Pork...this is unfuckingbelievable, my favorite dish of the last year or so..my mouth waters just thinking about it...

my bad, it was Bali, not Malaysia:

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

Does anyone notice though that most vegans and vegs look sickly all the time?

hardly. take a look around yourself at the high percentage of obese americans and go find out how many of them are vegetarians.

ive been vegetarian for over ten years. but i bought my folks a local,farm raised, organic turkey for tomorrow...so i might have a couple bites.

the more cows you eat, the more it will support a business that cuts down irreplacable wild habitat to make pasture land filled with ozone puncturing cows.thee s many levels to why the beef industry is environmentally fucked up. at least treat yourself to some small farm raised, local, grass fedcows (cue whining: but it coooooooossssts so much!)

as for me,i abstain.

true, but a truly healthy person is more likely to be eating a balanced diet, instead of the fast food meat overload that us Americans love to do so much. Balanced as in, whole grains, lean meats, nuts and legumes, veggies, fruits, dairy, instead of KFC, TACO BELL, and DOMINO's. So yeah obese Americans and pale animec vegans, are at the opposite ends of the spectrum of a healthy person. The middle ground being a person who eats balanced and has a variety in there diet. When you go excessive either way, vegan or carnivore, your asking for trouble.

But yeah organic farm raised meat is where its at so if you like meat cop that shit. It tasted exactly the same and is worth the extra loot. Dont fuck with that bioenginered bullshit.

I used to know a guy who was a meat purchaser for Miccy D's back in the 80s and he was saying that when they used to goto the cattle auctions, miccy ds and taco bells objective was to cop the sickest, unhealthy animals at the cheapest cost available. And im pretty sure this was a little before the cost cutting they use now with the lab enginered meat. So that dollar cheeseburger really aint worth it. Man up and spend some cash on some organic meat and eat some fruit.

• agreed.

although the book fast food nation would argue that mickeyd's is safer to eat than a lot of what is pushed off to supermarkets and public schools (avoid at all costs)

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    But yeah organic farm raised meat is where its at so if you like meat cop that shit.

I rarely eat meat, but I don??t eat anything else meatwise. Superior quality and I feel responsible somehow. Usual meat production is just horrible and how people can enjoy these industry poultry or bacon and so on is a mystery for me.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    16 years of no beef, poutlry, or pork. I started in with the fish tacos a few years ago. I don't hate on it or people that eat it. But I get by fine without it. And as for that taco pic... It looks damn good. I make those with vegan carne asada from Tijuana and they suit me just fine.

• I treat Vegans and Christians the same way....do whatever you want but don't preach to me about what's what.

i support that!!

I think it's the flesh eaters that's the prostelatizers. Try telling a new group of people you're vegetarian. They try to send you to the ER and the nearest pshchiatrist. I just try not to mention it and carry on.

We're omnivores. Fukin eskimos eat nearly ALL meat and are totally healthy. It's just when they get on that processed food that they get the diseases.

Humans can be healthy on a variety of diets, just minus the chemicals.

Oh yeah, and whenever I go to whole foods, I'm always see lots of really cute girls. My bf said it'd be a good place to pick up hot chicks. But I say no. Cuz personally I like to shop undistracted and don;t want to have to worry about some guy's ego when I picking out peanut butter.

What?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I treat Vegans and Christians the same way....do whatever you want but don't preach to me about what's what.

i support that!!

Oh yeah, and whenever I go to whole foods, I'm always see lots of really cute girls. My bf said it'd be a good place to pick up hot chicks.

Yeah, picking up hot chicks is pretty much the only thing your bf ever talks about.

Save a glass of wine for me!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

i support that!!

Oh yeah, and whenever I go to whole foods, I'm always see lots of really cute girls. My bf said it'd be a good place to pick up hot chicks.

Yeah, picking up hot chicks is pretty much the only thing your bf ever talks about.

i support that!!

MY MAN! You've been killing it lately.

i support that!!

concise

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

i support that!!

MY MAN! You've been killing it lately.

Oh shit! Haha. That wasn't actually meant to be as rugged as it sounded. I'm actually friends with her boyfriend.

Hopefully *** got the joke?!?!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't hate meat - I think eating it is perfectly natural. However, I am extremely opposed to the meat industry and (other than seafood so don't go calling me a vegetarian) I haven't eaten the stuff for 15+ years...

I have tried bites of several different types over the past few years when I've been somewhere that I knew was supposed to be THEE SHIT and never felt that I was missing anything.

I've had my blood tested pretty recently and all my nutrient levels are off the charts - nobody is going to say I don't look heaffy!

Oh and certain legume combos provide far more protein-producing amino acids than any meat does, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Vegetarians vs Meat Eaters = Great American Food Hoax of the 20/21 Century.

Bone/Bone Marrow > Bacon.....

• I think it's the flesh eaters that's the prostelatizers. Try telling a new group of people you're vegetarian. They try to send you to the ER and the nearest pshchiatrist. I just try not to mention it and carry on.

oh so true.

quinua=complete protein

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    the biggest part of not eating meat is not getting enough of the right kind of protein. You can get protein from nuts or whatever, but its important to get protein from animal flesh for your muscles. This means chicken and turkey also instead of just red meat. Red meat though has creatine which repairs and builds your muscles along with protein.

This guy disagrees with you about requiring meat to gain muscle. He's a lifelong vegetarian. I've been a vegetarian my whole life too.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

This guy disagrees with you about requiring meat to gain muscle. He's a lifelong vegetarian.

ehhh ... you couldn't make very good steaks out of this guy.

he's gotta soften up a bit.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

• most vegetarians i know are on some spiritual thing, thats why they dont eat meat. alls i heard about here was some shit about the "industry".

• most vegetarians i know are on some spiritual thing, thats why they dont eat meat. alls i heard about here was some shit about the "industry".

• ALL HAIL UBER VEGAN!!!!

LOL

just playing...my homie dan from Lifetime is another uberVegan:

• Options
    I try to stay vegetarian except for chicken/pork at taquerias and bacon at breakfast spots. (And Turkey this weekend!)

By that logic we're all vegetarians.

Here's an old shot of myself trying to stay vegetarian, sober, and classy while eating a steak, drinking a hurricane, and rubbing gravy all over my face.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I think it's the flesh eaters that's the prostelatizers. Try telling a new group of people you're vegetarian. They try to send you to the ER and the nearest pshchiatrist. I just try not to mention it and carry on.

oh so true.

quinua=complete protein

No shit. Over the years I think I've heard 3-4 times as many people rant or preach about the benefits of eating meat, over those preaching vegetarianism.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    meat is for republicans

• meat is for republicans
    Please.