PRINCE WAS AT THE STEVIE SHOW?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
HOLY FUCK!I was getting mad texts from my NY peoples.DETAILS!

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yeah Prince came up, seemed to come from the crowd, as opposed to backstage where Tony Bennett came from. He came up and played guitar on Superstition, did a little solo too.

The MSG cameraman had dudes high heels up on the jumbotrons at least 5 times...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'll never get over not seeing him this time around. I really Frickin' hope I get the opportunity in the future.

The set list flowed effortlessly from classic to classic, highlighted by an early trifecta of "Too High," "Visions" and "Living for the City" and sterling renditions of "Golden Lady" and "Ribbon in the Sky." The evening wound down with a barrage of hits, beginning with "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing," and continuing on to "Signed, Sealed, Delivered," "My Cherie Amour," "Boogie On, Reggae Woman," "Sir Duke," "I Wish," "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" and "As."

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I was there.

It was truly insane. One of the better shows I've seen.

I actually enjoyed the Tony Bennet duet more than Prince chicken scratching on the guitar. It was all good, but much more emotion with Tony.

I got kicked out of MSG before it started and had to buy another ticket, but made it in right as the lights went down.

• I got kicked out of MSG before it started

Trying to burn one?

I got kicked out of MSG before it started

Trying to burn one?

Not at all.

I was carrying two drinks back to my seat walking on the walkway that goes around the stage, there was arbitrarily placed velvet rope that was supposed to indicate that you could not walk in that direction, however that was the same way I got to my seat 15 minutes earlier so I was a bit confused.

The usher bummrushed me and started freaking out. I said "Why are you stressing on me dude, my seats are right there."

He lost his Frickin' mind, started frothing at the mouth, and was rambling how he was 47 years old and I was calling him dude. I said relax, I'm just trying to get to my seat. He ripped the bacrode off my ticket and got security to remove me. All this time my girl is sitting at our seats waiting for me wondering where the fuck I am. I didn't have my phone, coat, or wallet on me and he wouldn't let me get back to my seat to get my shit. Thankfully I had a mere $40 on me and somehow talked a scalper into selling me a ticket for that amount. I got back in right as the lights went down.

I got the dudes name and I'm for to fuck him up. I didn't curse at him, I wasn't aggressive in any way, I didn't really talk back other than tell him to relax and called him dude.

I think the "dude" word just rubs old pathetic losers the wrong way.

I didn't let that ruin the show at all, I had an amazing time and didn't miss anything.

I'll post up a picture of my ticket later with the word "EJECTED" written on it.

• I think the "dude" word just rubs old pathetic losers the wrong way.

This is true. What a shitty Frickin' story though. Glad to hear you got back in.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

This is true. What a great[/b] story though. Glad to hear you got back in.

I don't think I would believe it if a friend told me this had happened! Glad it worked out, Nate!

I don't think I would believe it if a friend told me this had happened! Glad it worked out, Nate!

The whole experience was surreal. I didn't tell my girl until after the show, and we laughed about it all night.

I'll post up some pics later.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

The whole experience was surreal. I didn't tell my girl until after the show, and we laughed about it all night.

Dude (reference intended), I would have been completely apoplectic, getting everyone's names, rank and serial numbers to the point where they would have been tasing me, bro. I think you handled that like a champ. But you need to get your $40 worth of flesh outta someone at MSG.

Dude (reference intended), I would have been completely apoplectic, getting everyone's names, rank and serial numbers to the point where they would have been tasing me, bro. I think you handled that like a champ. But you need to get your $40 worth of flesh outta someone at MSG.

It was a Stevie show so I had no negative energy in my body and I think that helped me get back in.

On a side note, towards the end of the show Stevie said, and I quote: "All the worlds haters can die and go to hell." I thought that was a fitting statement based on my evenings experience.

• i heart stevie wonder

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

That's a good look, Nate. I'd prolly be in a straitjacket somewhere right now if that bullshit happened to me. You're an inspiration.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Stevie said, and I quote: "All the worlds haters can die and go to hell."
    I thought that was a fitting statement based on my life's experience.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Thankfully I had a mere $40 on me and somehow talked a scalper into selling me a ticket for that amount.

By far the most mindblowing part of the story

Thankfully I had a mere $40 on me and somehow talked a scalper into selling me a ticket for that amount.

Especially considering that I paid $250 for my ticket that got ripped up.

I told him my whole sob story and his heart melted away.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

Sounds like one of those Vinyl Vulture dudes...

• you shoulda threw your beverage on the security dudes, and ran for it..perferably towards the stage..then when they caught ya, yelled "Dont Tase me Brah"!

Woulda been youtube gold.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Especially considering that I paid $250 for my ticket that got ripped up.

I told him my whole sob story and his heart melted away.

Karma.

Great story.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I hate everyone that got to see this show.

Seriously you're a bunch of assholes, fuck off.

• I think the "dude" word just rubs old pathetic losers the wrong way.

i feel u!, some gas station attendant freaked out on me for sayin it to him and was like have a good day bra. so i told him to get a real job and he shut the f up pretty fast..

glad to here u got back in tho!! karma, will come back around to that guy

what else was played/??

i neeed me some more lil stevie, hey love era
    anyone have an extra copy or can hook up some audio of the Down to Earth albuM! pms or replies pleeeez

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

i feel u!, some gas station attendant freaked out on me for sayin it to him and was like have a good day bra. so i told him to get a real job and he shut the f up pretty fast..

glad to here u got back in tho!! karma, will come back around to that guy

what else was played/??

anyone have an extra copy or can hook up some audio of the Down to Earth albuM! pms or replies pleeeez

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    what else was played/??

Did I forget to mention that Stevie played Hey Love at the Philly show?

I almost fell out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I hate everyone that got to see this show.

Seriously you're a bunch of assholes, fuck off.