Most unusual place you heard some heat?

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I don't do shits, I take 'em...

to where?

Loc: "...but he has a private plane... "

hmm...

• Supposedly they have one dude in Denver who's responsible for the music. He compiles the music and each store keeps the discs on rotation for a designated period of time.

Sounds like a dope gig.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I heard "Apache" before a Rolling Stones concert, we're talking 15-20k people. This was the sound system...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was weird.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    not really heat but:

i once heard Charles Wright "Express Yourself" playing while doing a shit at a Starbucks toilet.

What kind of world do we live in where "Express Yourself" isn't "the rael heat"?

don't get me wrong, i sure think it is. just wasn't sure if it IS that much of raer heat compared to what people might mention in this thread

ah my engrish is really poor...

• hey man, I'm just bustin' your chops w/ my shit comment, don't get all insecure about your english on me

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    ah no prob K.

me just playing...

• Supposedly they have one dude in Denver who's responsible for the music. He compiles the music and each store keeps the discs on rotation for a designated period of time.

Sounds like a dope gig.

F*cking awesome.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Supposedly they have one dude in Denver who's responsible for the music. He compiles the music and each store keeps the discs on rotation for a designated period of time.

Sounds like a dope gig.

I almost caught that job, not even kidding. i was offered it by the dude that owns the chain, we exchanged info etc. i had my manager/agent leave the dude a message and an e-mail, and he never called me back. now i know who got the job. oh well, easy come, easy go. i guess it doesn't really matter that much in the long run since they are handing the chain over to mcdonalds, and i'm sure that job is going to some bullshit ascap type of company/service anyways.

• since they are handing the chain over to mcdonalds

If I'm not mistaken, McDonald's had it and handed it back over. I think they sold their shares and now Chipotle is independent.

And I don't think the ASCAP bullshit will happen if they're in control. They seem to be a pretty reputable organization who goes against the grain.

• yes McDonald's sold their controlling stake in the company last year.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Chipotle

in iowa (maybe elsewhere, but i live by the first one) theres a place called panchero's, basically the same as chipotle except:

1. cheaper, dont charge extra for shit
    2. way better

chipotle moved into town, i hope it fuckin fails because that place sucks HARD in comparison. i refuse to eat there ever again.

that said i was forced to go to a weezer concert when i was in high school, before the show they played most of brainfreeze on the PA.

• Amsterdam airport. Heard this dope soulful singer on top of a jazzy latin dance tune. Jotted down the hook "Smile In Your Eyes" and several google searches later I learned that it was a UK group called Big Bang. Really cool record.

strange!! i heard the same song and had the same reaction as you on a flight to amsterdam in september...it was playing on the plane during boarding!!!

• bubble gum by 9th wonder in Burger King ...

• DIRTBOMBS IN THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE!

was trying to tune out some lite/smoov fm type crap in the doc's waiting room when suddenly there were the unmistakable strains of the dirtbombs...turned out to be some kinda car commercial...

• at my college graduation. They dropped "move on up" by Curtis Mayfield right after the service was concluded, as the class started to walk out.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

Supposedly they have one dude in Denver who's responsible for the music. He compiles the music and each store keeps the discs on rotation for a designated period of time.

Sounds like a dope gig.

Looks like he resigned in 2005.

• Kraftwerk's "radioactivity" in a Safeway, no joke.

WTF?

I've heard unexpected heat at Safeway too!

• bubble gum by 9th wonder in Burger King ...

WTF!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    This isn't an unusual place but I was at a record show once walking by a kid that had down syndrome in a wheel chair and he has a stack of 45's and right when I get next to him he drops the "Champ" by the Mohawks!!!

• In Wegman's eating lunch today: Howard Tate 'Stop'...

• hook n sling in chipotle.

About two years ago I was sitting there eating a burrito and looked down at the little wrapper they had over the basket and it had all sorts of good bands written on it. It was pretty unexpected.

• Chipotle

in iowa (maybe elsewhere, but i live by the first one) theres a place called panchero's, basically the same as chipotle except:

1. cheaper, dont charge extra for shit
    2. way better

chipotle moved into town, i hope it fuckin fails because that place sucks HARD in comparison. i refuse to eat there ever again.

that said i was forced to go to a weezer concert when i was in high school, before the show they played most of brainfreeze on the PA.

Holy shit! Funny story is Pancheros is a favorite of mine. I live in NW Ohio not too far from Ann Arbor where there is a Pancheros. I'd eat there when I was in town all the time, and I almost every day the summer I lived there. Would daydream about the Burritos when I moved back to Toledo. I'd only head of one other location out of state. At any rate, I was at a music fest in Columbus one year and my friend put me on to Chipotle which was the closest thing in taste to Pancheros and a Burrito actually cost me less. They much have just charged me for the sides that time. (All I get is beans and rice. Sometimes I still get lucky.) When I heard they were McDonald's owned I decided not to eat there again. Glad the company sold its shares.

Pancheros in A2 has consistently raised their prices, but there's a trick-- Buy two large tortillas and two sides and then make your burrito. Two burritos for less than the price of one premade.

Off to get a burrito.

• I took a flight on Southwestern to Seattle last weekend and this was one of the inflight music selections:

If you can't read it clearly, it's the entire AFRICADELIC album by Manu Dibango.

• I gotta say, I am not a fan of Pancheros.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Me and my lady went to get thai food tonight and hella loud out of no where they crank up dennis coffey "Scorpio" like a second before the break!!! I was like what? Then they followed that up with Eddie kendricks "Keep on trucking" then some other hot song that slipped my mind. I was like oh they must have SEEN me coming in. Lol..................

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Not rare, but in the last year I heard "Reach Out Of The Darkness" at a thrift store and "I Bet You" at Del Taco

• Dawn & Sunset "Move in the Room" at Applebee's in Yonkers.

Oh and do you mean Bubble Gum by 9th Creation (not Wonder?)

• Not rare, but in the last year I heard "Reach Out Of The Darkness" at a thrift store and "I Bet You" at Del Taco

"Reach Out..." was a huge hit single in its' time and has been an oldies radio staple for decades, so that's no big shocker. "I Bet You," on the other hand, is definitely out of left field...

• subsub 311 Posts
    while i was in an h&m shop (clothes retailer in germany) some time ago they played people under the stairs followed by ud. i was pretty suprised. since then i keep my ears open and they always play some dope stuff....

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    went to pick up my burger yesterday in a joint across the street(owned by a member of the Box Tops) which usually has the most insipid, jehri-curl blues shit going on(place is called Hueys and our code word for shitty 80s blues in the shop is "Hueys Blues")...there was a BANGING version of Betty Everett's "You're no good" playing, I dont know who it was, it almost sounded earlier than the OG due to the raw assed recording...asked the dude if he knew what it was, but it was on satelitte radio and the little screen thingy that tells you what is playing was busted...

It might be Barbara West (on Ronn).

It's in this mix..

dude i've been waiting to hear this for like a year and plus some months or sheit. thank u so Frickin' much, u made my year.