KIT REAM... The Greatest LP of all time?

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I have had it twice before in the past. Everytime it emerges from Diego and the heads used to pass it around and clown about it. This was years before it became a $250 record. I gave it away twice before. Once for free and once for like $10.With an incredible stroke of luck, last month, I found a copy for sale at a Diego record store online for $20. They finally responded to my email a month later saying that they had it for sale. I got it in the mail yesterday. Ream is a post acid millionaire genius. Don't know what the fug I'm talking about...Don't worry... real heads know the deal

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

real heads know the deal

Indeed, the dude was/is a super famous heir and decided to flip out and make this rackord at some cult/organization. The record is all over the place, no breakz raerz though. Dude's singing/playing is on another level. I will post a pic of the cover when I get home. My $1 copy is water damaged and I cry.

Sample lyric:

"THERE ONCE....WAS A YOUNG WINO.....

HIS NAME....WAS JASON SLAAAASH"

(imagine these lyrics over bad lounge piano playing with lots of freakouts)

obviously drinking from the same well as wesley willis & gary wilson

• funk

Everytime it emerges from Diego and the heads used to pass it around and clown about it.

Thanks a lot for blowing this one up, AP.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Eh, that one's o.k I think his other lp on folkways is a lot better but thats just my opinion.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the copy on eBay is MINE motherfuckerz!!!!! Here that? MINE!!!!

good luck crink

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    kit kream, hmmm. didn't know about that one. im gonna start asking about it.

good luck crink

Your mind games have no effect on me. I am like steel. My pockets are deeper than any other jobless man - be warned!!!

um I own a copy dood, chillz

um I own a copy dood, chillz

Like STEEL!!!!

• dayday 9,612 Posts

obviously drinking from the same well as wesley willis & gary wilson

I need to hear plaese

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    OK, found a clip and thought you all might want to check this site out.
    Dude does a blog of bugged out records - and yo this record is fucking bugged for real

http://www.ubu.com/outsiders/365/02-1.html

"Don't be so damn holy on my soul-y"

"Don't be so damn holy on my soul-y"

INDEED!

• OK... For the third time in 8 years I have decided that this record bites a harry ball sac. Oh well. I still like the track " funk " and it has a mellow jam on side A as well. This copy i have is autographed and enscribed by Mina Judd ( relation to Donald? ) who sings on song A Side B.

I think the thing that bums me out is that just because Jello Biafria or whatever that boners name is hyped this up now it is a $250 record.

This record is like a $10 record. It is a joke.

Jello goes on about how it is a religious record and all that bullshit. I have heard a lot of really great and bizarre religious records and this is not one of them. " Institute for Creative Living " blah blah blah blah... I can not find one thing about this record that has any religious content at all.

It is just a little concept project. I listened so some commune shit tonight that was so awful and bizarre it makes Kit look like a square. Now that was some off the hook religious real people shit. I would tell you the name of it but I would have to go to the garage and dig that shit out. Whatever.

Like a total idiot I tried to find out more about the history of the Nabisco Corp but no such luck linking Ream to the company.

All this blah blah blah seems like a bit of a hype job on Jello's part but when you listen to this music it is still alright.

FUNK still holds up for me. His guttaral grunts at the end of the track still stoke me.

I am into it but may have to dump it again. For some reason Ramona always wants to keep this record. This shit is novelty and I hate novelty. The copy that is on sale on ebay is from San Deigo. What is the deal? This record only turns in SD?

Kit's eye is dialated even though the sun is shining right into it on the cover of the record.

DC was telling me that the West Coast trombonist Bill Harris used to put suction cups to the bottom of the heals of his shoes when he was playing on stage with the Woody Herman band and he used to lean all the way forward without falling over into the audience and no one knew what the fug was going on. Sounds trippy as an iguana with three testicles but that story is for another day.

no more kit ream ALL THAT I AM.

shitz toxic.

ap

• FOLKWAYS

COSIGN

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Does anyone have Mp3s of this album in full? This is some wacky shit!

Peace

h

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    from the look of it alone it looks like something Kurt Vonnegut related.

• this record sucks

this record sucks

Play it backwards though - you will hear "give this record to crink"...

• i just listened to it again. i decided it is good this time.

haha!!!

I do not "ball"

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Stewart Brodian = Kit Ream with merit

Stewart Brodian = Kit Ream with merit

?

confusion = sex

• you guys ready????????

there it is!!!!!!! never opened!! evvvvver!! :ahhh:

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    krispyshot said:
    you guys ready????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.

• krispyshot said:
    you guys ready????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.

So glad you joined Soul Strut to drop some spam, we need more people like you around here.

b/w

There's a separate sales forum.