I'm about to smoke a turkey (under a brick)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
any tips?i'm doing it "under a brick" style. i've smoked a chicken this way and it worked nice. i guess it's the same with a turkey ~X3. i need to get this mastered before thanksgiving so i can son my brother in law with his deep fried bullshit.

Comments

• Not really a cooking tip but some of my friends brine the chicken/turkey for a few hours. They swear that it increases the flavour of the bird and helps with the cooking time. Just make sure to rinse it off and pat it dry before you cook it.

• any tips?

Save me a leg.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Deep fried turkey is disgusting. Good luck with the

• No tips, but could you please elaborate on the technique.

I have this thread saved in which you posted

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=898099&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1

(Sadly all your pics have disappeared) and keep coming back to it and salivating while reading it.

I'm soon to hopefully complete on my first place, and have been making plans to build / buy a smoker (and possibly a pizza oven in the garden, but thats for another thread) and as a Londoner, who has never had pulled pork, that'll be my first BBQ meat in the new place.

Possiblly even Pulled pork & ribs for Christmas Day.

Soul Strut food threads have me wishing I had been to the US and sampled.

That thread was going to get the ghost bump when I moved but this one seems best now BBQ and or pulled pork & pizza for anyone visiting the South London area, for usable tips and recipes!!!!

Ta