Stripper Pole in the Living Room

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Heres the situation:I got 3 room mates all male. a few months back they bought a stripper pole, it's removable so it can be hidden away and for the most part its not up. However the last several days its been left up in the living room. I usually don't got an issue with it, I fugure as long as people put away their toys what do I got to complain about? My folks came over yesterday and I was in a mad dash to get home and clean up this post-fratboy fantasy.Now their talking about, why do you care if its up? All I can say is its tacky, but no one else is seeing it like thatAm I really trippin, or is keeping a pole up when the folks come over for their 30th Wedding anniversary a little bit of a bad look?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    would your folks care or be offended by it?
    youre a wild swinging bachelor.
    i don't think my parents would care. my mother would be prob be a little skeeved by it. throw it outside for the day.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Heres the situation:

I got 3 room mates all male. a few months back they bought a stripper pole, it's removable so it can be hidden away and for the most part its not up. However the last several days its been left up in the living room. I usually don't got an issue with it, I fugure as long as people put away their toys what do I got to complain about, but the folks came over yesterday and I was in a mad dash to get home and clean up this post fratboy fantasy.

Now their talking about, why do you care if its up? All I can say is its tacky, but no one else is seeing it like that?

Am I really trippin, or is keeping a pole up when the folks come over for theri 30th Wedding anniversary a little bit of a bad look?

heres a suggestion, move out of the frathouse. Reminds me of when i was in college and roomates wanted to put lifesize bikini model stand up beer ads everywhere. Their response to my objection?

"dude, do you not like girls or something? Do you not like beer? Dude!"

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Am I really trippin, or is keeping a pole up when the folks come over for theri 30th Wedding anniversary a little bit of a bad look?

I would ask your roommates that question...ie."are you so retarded as to think a removable stripper pole shouldn't be stored away when my folks come over? Maybe you'd like it if I rock out with my cock out while yer granny visits your dumb ass!"

• are your roommates actually retarded?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Get the fuck outta there.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    So, are there any good stripper pole stories?

Preferably not involving Anthony Pearson in COOTCH MODE

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I would ask your roommates that question...ie."are you so retarded as to think a removable stripper pole shouldn't be stored away when my folks come over? Maybe you'd like it if I rock out with my cock out while yer granny visits your dumb ass!"

I just asked them that befoer coming back to check this board. One of them answered "I'm a grown man and I pay to live here if you want ti down then take it down yourself"

I tried to use the example of me, back in my mega pot smoking days leaving my bong out when his folks come over. He didn't see any similarity.

26 & 27 year olds are a little too old to be trying to act like College Juniors.

• Am I really trippin, or is keeping a pole up when the folks come over for theri 30th Wedding anniversary a little bit of a bad look?

I just asked them that befoer coming back to check this board. One of them answered "I'm a grown man and I pay to live here if you want ti down then take it down yourself"

I tried to use the example of me, back in my mega pot smoking days leaving my bong out when his folks come over. He didn't see any similarity.

26 & 27 year olds are a little too old to be trying to act like College Juniors.

do they really think that an actual live girl, if they were ever to bring one to the house, would NOT ONLY be the type to dance on a pole but also not be creeped out that dudes actually have one in the house?

your roomates are a gang of retards. break south.

and finally: i would leave the door unlocked and throw that shit away and claim to have no idea where it went

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Install it sideways and make it a pull-up bar.

Well, you would like to think that being considerate is not age-specific, but I remember what a dunce I could be until someone pointed out that I was indeed, being a dunce. It's how we men learn. So basically you should just remind them that you are making them better people.

• Fuck I hate that juvenile shit. I guess take it down for your folks, and start looking around for someone else to live with. And maybe hide a milk chicken for them when you leave...

• Why try and reason with them? Tell them it's Frickin' tacky and take it down. If they complain tell them they'd have to be awfully stupid to think it's okay to have it in a living room. Youngin's who can't justify something just try and reason in circles until you get tired of it.

Actually, just tell them if YOU have to take it down it'll end up in the trash.

• Options
    Has a stripper ever actually come in contact with the pole? I'm picturing 3 dudes putting the thing up, looking at each other, and wondering where the stripper is.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Jeez.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Has a stripper ever actually come in contact with the pole? I'm picturing 3 dudes putting the thing up, looking at each other, and wondering where the stripper is.

well women have got up on the pole in the past although I've never seen anyone actually strip, its more like they swing on it for 10 seconds and laugh thinking how funny it would be if someone actually did use the pole.
    In their defense (I can't believe I am actually writing in their defense) I could be a little pissy over the fact that they are drunk and I'm trying to maintain my sobriety. But still it's nice to know that I ain't the weird one in this situation. Seriously when you got 3 guys telling you "I don't get why you'd want us to take the pole down just cause your folks are coming over" and no one to back up your logic you start questioning yourself.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Adam,

I hope you start making some serious Hollywood TV money soon and get your own place. There is no way in hell I could live with three guys.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    There is no way in hell I could live with three guys.

Seriously. 1 roommate is the limit. Preferably someone
    with a girlfriend/boyfriend whose house they crash at alot.

There is no way in hell I could live with three guys.

Seriously. 1 roommate is the limit. Preferably someone
    with a girlfriend/boyfriend whose house they crash at alot.

Yeah, my last group house experience was 2 guys I knew VERY well, and one of whom was pretty much living with his girlfriend, but had to have one foot out the door both for his folks and because he knew the relationship was falling apart. So he was never home.

Roommates can be a lot of fun, but there comes a time when enough is enough. I found as I got older that I was on my best behavior when I considered my roommate more like a co-worker, not a buddy or friend.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I could be a little pissy over the fact that they are drunk and I'm trying to maintain my sobriety.

Ad*m

This is the main reason you should just get the hell out of there. And yes, the stripper pole is tacky.

• Just leave it up and next time THEIR parents come over, arrange for some strippers to show up.

Point tooken.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Have it delivered to his job while hes on lunchbreak.

• i dunno... how much is worth for you to move out? You could just have a male stripper come over next time they have people over. I'm sure they would never put it up again.

• Your roommates must be white.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

faux?!

• faux?!

Nope. He's not rocking CROCS.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

i lived in a place with a permanant stripper pole in it...

i saw a few girls dance on it at parties, never anyone stripping (although i don't know what went down on it when i wasn't around). it was kinda neat.

i think everyone is overreacting the concept of the stripper pole in general. if dudes wanna have a stripper pole, let 'em. you're only young and single once. however, if it's easily removable, these guys are inconsiderate pricks if they object to having it out when your parents are there... the bong analogy is dead on, they are showing zero class...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    i dunno... how much is worth for you to move out? You could just have a male stripper come over next time they have people over. I'm sure they would never put it up again.

Man, I guess none of you are realizing how NICE Adam's place is. It's CRAZY nice.

I say, KICK THOSE FUCKERS OUT!!

nah, but really.. Tell em to move it to the garage. Your house is too nice to be defiled. It's like putting a HONK if your HORNY bumper sticker on a Bentley.

- spidey

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Tell your folks your roommates are tiny trainee fireman getting in some practice for a test at work.

Then again, why not just take it down yourself?

• Jeez.

Clearly you've never had to deal with young immature roommates.

• Sounds like you got a pole in your house. It ain't a stripper pole til a 95% naked lady slides her g-stringed cooch down the length of it, so I really don't see the big deal.