post something youre really excited about

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
upcoming event? something you just got? a recent arrival? im sure some of you are stoked on something. nice positive thread idea!!!!!!!!!!! heres my contribution: i just got one of these:IMG src=http://www.motosantigas.com.br/galeria/honda ct90 luciano.jpg>(1968 Honda CT90, running great), and a 1973 CT90 parts bike for $450 total.your turn

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    um, I'm not excited about anything (bad week) but I
    did want to say that YOUR CT90 IS FUCKING FRESH!!!!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Your bike is Hype AKO. My little brother just got an 80's HONDA motorcycle, and we've been learning how to ride on it all week.

me:

I'm about to be SINGLE!

The new blog I started is doing well!

Got a gig with the band coming up on the 21st.

I just saw my old friend Claire from high school, and she looks INCREDIBLE!

and I'm going to be Santa @ The Getback!!

- spidey

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Your bike is Hype AKO. My little brother just got an 80's HONDA motorcycle, and we've been learning how to ride on it all week.

awesome dude, just make sure he takes good care of that thing and it will last FOREVER. honda's are indestructible. what model did he get out of curiosity?

thanks dudes! thats not MY bike in the picture, but its the exact same model and color, in similar condition. either way i'm pretty excited about it.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i'm just excited about this weekend, got this friendly bball comp on Sat which will be dope.

also just got myself a Microwave (microwave?) last weekend (finally!) so gonna rock that a bit and hopefully get a little mix done.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    what model did he get out of curiosity?

1987 Honda Hurricane. It runs great too, but he's gotta get his license.

- spidey

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    what model did he get out of curiosity?

1987 Honda Hurricane. It runs great too, but he's gotta get his license.

- spidey

cool, i need to get a motorcycle license myself...or maybe not. the cops here seem kinda clueless, theyd probably just assume mine was a moped and not even care. haha

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Great thread.

I'm excited about the next All Tomorrow's Parties Festival that's happening in December. It's getting curated by Portishead and some of the artists slated to play are interesting choices. Hell, I'm excited just to hear new P-Head material. Not like I'm going or anything, but I'm excited about the inevitable fallout (cd/dvd combo? yes, please).

• i'm excited about my youngest son, milo isaac, born august 31 this year.

(although i'm not excited about going to see the dr. to prevent child no 5...)

• I'm excited to go to Sharon Jones tonight.

I'm excited for the DizzyBull/Ivan/Boston Throwdown next week.

Work has so dominated my life the last few months that it is REALLY nice to have some music based social interactions in the next week.

• Stevie Wonder concert tonight, and I'm going.
    yeah dude, that bike is sick!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    If all works out, I should be in Morocco in 10 days for my 40th. I might decide to have some more kids too...

• I am headed up to Philly for the weekend to help a friend go through his fathers record collection. His dad passed away 10 years ago and his mom just passed away this year. I have known him and we have remained friends since 5th grade. His dad had a nice sized record collection, but it has all been stored in a musty basement in boxes on the floor. When I found out I got a train ticket and told him I was coming up to help him go through it all clean it and get it shelved. It will be a lot of fun because his dad had great taste in music. He was the first one to tell us about Nirvana and he liked De La Soul. He was also really into jazz. I don't plan on leaving with any records I just want to make sure everything is preserved and I have never been more excited to go digging.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    upcoming event? something you just got? a recent arrival? im sure some of you are stoked on something. nice positive thread idea!!!!!!!!!!!

heres my contribution: i just got one of these:

IMG src=http://www.motosantigas.com.br/galeria/honda ct90 luciano.jpg>

(1968 Honda CT90, running great), and a 1973 CT90 parts bike for $450 total.

your turn

Isn't that chrome exhaust going to burn your leg off? Beautiful bike though!

I am buying the other half of my house. I'm not sure whether to be excited or depressed at how much I'm going to have to lay out for the mortgage. On the plus side, I'll finally get a dedicated music room. Yay.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    -Sharon Jones tomorrow night

-Stevie Wonder next Saturday @ MSG

-Langley School Music LP I got recently

-This LP I won off ebay yesterday:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220167310071

-Winter

-Getting Married in Kauai in less than two months

-My mustache

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I am excited about Casa Africa's upcoming Festival where i will be preparing a Fela tribute night and where there will be a capoiera angola day with masters from all over the country

that and my upcoming DJ gig here for a big party during FAN and the upcoming arrival of my gf to visit in the city X 100000

Mostly I am excited about the potential of establishing a casa africa in montreal and then later in other cities as well i think the project has immense potential and is answering an urgent need

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

-Excited about this saturdaynight; spinning real records with real friends and getting real drunk doing it

-Excited about going to Kruger National Park South Africa in 4 weeks

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    super excited that my wife and I have been married 5 years as of today. my wife is really the best person that i have ever met,so being married to her is just simply beautiful.

also, I get to see mr. S. Wonder this monday and that also has me amped.

• Going to London on a School trip to vist design-agencies tomorrow! Super-excited and I really. REALLY need to get away for a little bit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

^^^^ FSLR JEAHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Going to London on a School trip to vist design-agencies tomorrow!

Which ones?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    If all works out, I should be in Morocco in 10 days for my 40th. I might decide to have some more kids too...

Thats cool... I've wanted to go to morrocco since seeing casabalnca (yeah, I know, but still.....)

And I'm super excited about this trip to boston!!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    See this thread Also, I'm just happy about life in general since I enjoy life in New Jersey so much more than we I lived in Wisconsin. My wife concurs. It's scary how much context can affect one's quality-of-life.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    -Seeing Sharon Jones on sunday.
    -Getting over this damn cold (oil of oregano is fu*king intense shit)
    -Being single and finally being alright with it

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm excited in having december thru april off!!!

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I can't believe the deal you got on that CT90. It's so clean.

Here's my new Honda I got on Sunday. It's a 1987 Honda XR200R. It has 137 miles on it since new. It has current street registration. It's pretty damn flawless. I bought it from the original owner for $499. I'm heading out to the desert in a week and a half. Needless to say I'm excited.

Check out this 4x4 El Camino I get to drive out there.

I have to wait until December to see Sharon Jones, but I'm excited about that.

• Stevie Wonder concert tonight

exactly what i was gonna say!!

• -Seeing Sharon Jones on sunday.
    -Sharon Jones tomorrow night
    I'm excited to go to Sharon Jones tonight.

i'm super excited to see ms jones next friday. even more excited that i am the opening dj!

the thing i am mostly excited about is a dope girl i was dating earlier this year and she broke it off with me because she was getting too serious. i ran into her the other day and she's worked through some things and is trying to holler at yer boy again! word!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    1. The weekend!
    2. The school is paying for my lunch, PIZZA
    3. playing catch with my girlfriend this afternoon.
    4. the film road house
    5. heading home for thanksgiving
    2. Rocking doubles

• I'm gonna be an uncle!!!

• finally added 88-keys to my home studio (yeah to weighted keys and no more octave button!)
    this was free from a friend (kawai es-x, basically just using it as an upscale midi controller)

my band got the new product (more on this soon), and more shows on the horizon

meetings with more A&R's this week

BMI publishing deal in the works

finally getting a licensing check to split with the lil kiddies I make music with at the rec center. one of our songs is gonna be featured on a film soundtrack thanks to yoigotbeats

beautiul, inspiring lady in sleeping in my bed

really can't complain right now.