Little Debbie snacks

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
anybody else love these things? whenever im at work i always get a couple for snacks. what are your favorites? i just finished a pack of glazed donuts and im working on a honey bun...WAS gonna get some cosmic brownies and swiss cake rolls but i needed a little moretoo bad all the 25 cent shit when up to 35 recently at least the fruit pies are still 33 cents...

Comments

• not in the slightest...(sorry)

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not for some i suppose...

anybody know what happened to donut sticks? they were my very favorite since i was a little one and now theyve completely dissappeared off the face of the planet within the past year or so....am i or what?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    About once a year I will eat an oatmeal cream pie and immediately regret it.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    THAT'S totally understandable, i hate those things.

something tells me is gonna be a rare sight around these parts...

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I can finish a box of nutty bars in one sitting. All the rest are gross. I can't believe that I ate dunkin' stix when I was a kid. I bet they are still rotting inside me.

The dime piece increase doesn't phase me because the box price hasn't changed.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I can finish a box of nutty bars in one sitting.

I imagine I could do the same if I tried it. I freakin' love those things.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

I put them in the fridge in winter and the freezer in summer. Damn. I want to go get a box right now.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

I put them in the fridge in winter and the freezer in summer. Damn. I want to go get a box right now.

When I was a kid I would break them into each wafer and eat them one at a time.

• i like the oatmeal cookie things, the peanut butter bars, the strawberry shortcake rolls... hell i like just about all of that stuff. however, i don't really eff with them that often, in fact its been years. great for cheap snack but bad on the belly...

• not for some i suppose...

anybody know what happened to donut sticks? they were my very favorite since i was a little one and now theyve completely dissappeared off the face of the planet within the past year or so....am i or what?

I mean...don't say I don't love me my donuts...hell...I was the guy who's message machine (with tapes) used to say "Leave your name, #, time you called, and your favorite donut"...

but...as some of you annoyingly know...I'm vegan...now, if you had dropped say a spud nuts post....I would say to you my friend...get me a knife...a fork...some fine china...and all the maple bars that can fit in the room...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Ha! I did that shit too.

• I put them in the freezer..

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Man you little bastard. I remember the days of a being a little teenager prick when I used to get all kindsa crazy high and pollish off a whole box of oatmeal cream pies while watching Rap City. And I'd order a pizza after that and still didn't gain a pound. That was heaven. Peeling Nutty Bar layers apart was the shit too. Enjoy it while you can! And press up that Salt cover on 45.

• The dime piece increase doesn't phase me because the box price hasn't changed.

The box itself hasn't changed, either. Looks like they've had the same antique logo since God knows when...

• anybody else love these things?

Hate that shit, reminds me of ghetto ass corner stores and figuring out how to stretch $10 into a bag of weed, a dutch, some beer and (last but not least) food for the night.

• When I was a kid I loved Little Debbie snacks... Devil Squares Cakes, Fudge Brownies, Swiss Cake Rolls, Zebra Cakes... But my absolute favorites were the Fudge Rounds. When I was in high school my parents gave me lunch money each day, and I'd just get a milk and a Fudge Round and pocket the leftover money. But man, Fudge Rounds were the shit. At school they had those huge ones too, not the little ones you get in the boxes from grocery stores.

These days though...can't touch the Little Debbies. I'm older, fatter, and have a crappy metabolism. Plus, they're just not healthy eating. Getting older is a bitch.

• used to love the Oatmeal Creme Pies...dont eat them now, as the cream filling is just whipped trans fat and corn syrup...a deadly cocktail if you are a human over the age of 30.

• Nutty Bars are what's up. Definitely eating them from top to bottom is the way to go.

I used to eat those Entenmann's chocolate doughnuts like a maniac when I was a young buck.

• I used to eat those Entenmann's chocolate doughnuts like a maniac when I was a young buck.

I used to be all about the Entenmann's Devil's Food Crumb donuts:

Goddamn those were good. Seemingly you can't find the damn things anymore, at least around here. Entenmann's also used to make some really good low-fat items, which was good for me since I can't eat stuff really high in fat. Again, that stuff has seemingly disappeared and now the only low-fat items I ever see in stores are raspberry-flavored shits...ewww. It seems Entenmann's got purchased by a company in Canada in 2001 so maybe when they bought it they phased out the bigger variety of low-fat stuff. Oh well.

• I can finish a box of nutty bars in one sitting.

And the only way to eat the swiss cake rolls was to peel off the chocolate cover and unroll those motherfuckers.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    the peanut butter bars and these used to be my shit

these things were good in a nauseatingly sweet way.

the corner store down the street sells boxes for $1 of all the classics. I cant fuck with that shit though anymore. You can just smell those things and get diabetes.

• They make "double decker" Oatmeal Cream Pies and Fudge Rounds now, too.
    So much sugar it will knock you over.

My coworkers and I regularly receive overtime luches with Lil Debbie cakes-
    everyone is always pissed when they come with Strawberry Shortcake. blech.

• I used to mess with Fudge Rounds and Nutty Bars and Cosmic Brownies... but I actually prefer these:

even though...

You can just smell those things and get diabetes.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    as a poor little dude, my family would rotate boxes of little debbies into the cupboard. i would get down with the following:

oatmeal creme pies
    star crunches
    nutty bars
    peanut butter bars
    fudge rounds

--

these days, no thanks.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

The little debbie nostalgia reminded me of these. I always loved their edgy decision to change the vowel of the British classic and their abhorent usage of fruit filling resulting in a twinkie pie. I remember digging the butterscotch plenty.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

oh damn, take the wafers off one by one and reveal imprinted in your peanut butter.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I used to love Hostess cupcakes and Zingers as a kid. However, I always scooped out the filling and discarded it, since it grossed me out. Over the years I have lost my sweet tooth considerably and most processed snack foods and pastries make me sick just at the sight of them. I'm weird that way.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    THE DEVIL!