Little Debbie snacks

2»

Comments

• a couple years back, me and a buddy did a not so scientific taste test : little debbie Swiss Cake Rolls VS. Ho-Ho's. We bought one box each, and ate em all over the next 24 hours, in various conditions like: warm, refrigerated, with milk, etc, and concluded:

Ho-Ho's USED to be better, like early 80's when they came in the real tin foil wrappers and got perfect when chilled in the fridge. and their filling was tastier back then. If they hadn't changed their groove, they would have won hands down.

BUT

today, Swiss cake Rolls won in every category of the competition - taste, flavor, better when cold or warm, better with milk, etc.

its like, Swiss rolls haven't modified their steez, and thus resemble what ho-hos used to be back in the glory years.

...we soon really regretted the whole cake roll decathlon, as of course 10+ of those suckers plays utter havoc on a 30 something stomach!!! haven't touched them since.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    a couple years back, me and a buddy did a not so scientific taste test : little debbie Swiss Cake Rolls VS. Ho-Ho's. We bought one box each, and ate em all over the next 24 hours, in various conditions like: warm, refrigerated, with milk, etc, and concluded:

Ho-Ho's USED to be better, like early 80's when they came in the real tin foil wrappers and got perfect when chilled in the fridge. and their filling was tastier back then. If they hadn't changed their groove, they would have won hands down.

BUT

today, Swiss cake Rolls won in every category of the competition - taste, flavor, better when cold or warm, better with milk, etc.

its like, Swiss rolls haven't modified their steez, and thus resemble what ho-hos used to be back in the glory years.

...we soon really regretted the whole cake roll decathlon, as of course 10+ of those suckers plays utter havoc on a 30 something stomach!!! haven't touched them since.

swiss cake rolls are the BEST man! loved em since day one. same with strawberry shortcake rolls.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I was at the grocery store the other day and saw packs of Bimbo toast. Toasted Frickin' bread in a wrapper. Like making toast is so much work there was a need to cut out a step.

• I was at the grocery store the other day and saw packs of Bimbo toast. Toasted Frickin' bread in a wrapper. Like making toast is so much work there was a need to cut out a step.

hey man, not everyones a gourmet chef from napa county

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    a couple years back, me and a buddy did a not so scientific taste test : little debbie Swiss Cake Rolls VS. Ho-Ho's. We bought one box each, and ate em all over the next 24 hours, in various conditions like: warm, refrigerated, with milk, etc, and concluded:

BUT

Damn... yeah I used to eat one of those 3 packs of Ho-Ho's every day and wash it down with this off brand of pineapple soda. It was either that or a moon pie + pineapple soda. It all seems really disgusting now. I don't think Ho Ho's ever were as good as Swiss Cake Rolls but I don't remember being able to get a small pack of SCR's so I went with Ho Ho's.

There was this kid whose mom's name was Debbie. You can guess the joke. She always had a snack for you.

• I don't think Ho Ho's ever were as good as Swiss Cake Rolls but I don't remember being able to get a small pack of SCR's so I went with Ho Ho's.

that seems to be the consensus here, but i remember a time (i guess it would be like 1978-1983 or so) when they came in the 10 or 12 pack box and were individually wrapped in real (albeit thin) tin foil. i think back then the Ho-Ho ingredients were totally different. they taste bad today, but back then they were the bomb, in my memory anyway.