Amy Winehouse....again

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

"white, transvestite crack whore!"

please, leave transvestites out of this.

Your right, most trasvestites I've met are pretty put together and at least crack whores work for a living.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    that performance was the best thing of the whole show

• No one thinks that this is an ACT and that the unintelligible lyrics are part of it. The band follows the "drunken" slowdowns. She hits the lyrics on the choruses. As such, I think the performance works, in that it's in character.

GTFOOHWTBS

• No one thinks that this is an ACT and that the unintelligible lyrics are part of it. The band follows the "drunken" slowdowns. She hits the lyrics on the choruses. As such, I think the performance works, in that it's in character.
    you might be on to somethin'

• thats lol material there.. if you listen to her singing as rapping instead, it sounds pretty cool however

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    hands down one of the WORST female vocalists of all time, bitch is wack as hell period & fugly to boot...

I cant front, I think shes a pretty gifted vocalist. Shes got a god given voice, when shes not fucked up. I dont care for her music all that much, but she is definitly talented.

• BunkBunk 15 Posts
    Yea, I would be pissed if I paid to see that.

Got to say though, pretty surprised to see all the winehouse hatin on here. For one, she's two album's deep into her career, both being good efforts. Her last being close to perfect to my ear. Like it or not, probably the best album to come out of the Daptone studios. Only thing close being Dap Dippin. Another thing to keep in mind is her vocal styling is from the Anita Baker mold of R&B. So it's kinda of an aesthetic. That being said though, that video is still horrible and unacceptable for a performance. Really hope she cleans herself up and we don't lose her.

I would urge the haters to listen to her last album again.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Like it or not, probably the best album to come out of the Daptone studios.

GTFOOHWTBS!!!!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I like it, reminds me of this danzig video. Can someone post this up again? That would be nice....

agreed. one of my favorite viral vids of all time.

• BunkBunk 15 Posts
    GTFOOHWTBS!!!!
    haha, thought that would hit a nerve with someone. telling you though, there's magic on that album.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Yea, I would be pissed if I paid to see that.

Got to say though, pretty surprised to see all the winehouse hatin on here. For one, she's two album's deep into her career, both being good efforts. Her last being close to perfect to my ear. Like it or not, probably the best album to come out of the Daptone studios. Only thing close being Dap Dippin. Another thing to keep in mind is her vocal styling is from the Anita Baker mold of R&B. So it's kinda of an aesthetic. That being said though, that video is still horrible and unacceptable for a performance. Really hope she cleans herself up and we don't lose her.

I would urge the haters to listen to her last album again.

You sound new. Soulstrut doesn't want to hear little dudes tell it that its taste could be wrong! It is likely that you have offended the Soul Strut!

• GTFOOHWTBS!!!!
    haha, thought that would hit a nerve with someone. telling you though, there's magic on that album.

No there isn't. Her music is refried R&B. There is absolutely nothing new with Amy Winehouse. In fact, her existence makes me angry because she's allowed to cash in on the ideas of people who should be getting credit for her work. Fuck her and anyone who likes that shallow shit. Everytime I see her fuck up, it makes me happy.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Another thing to keep in mind is her vocal styling is from the Anita Baker mold of R&B. So it's kinda of an aesthetic.

You're a moron.

- spidey

• Another thing to keep in mind is her vocal styling is from the Anita Baker mold of R&B. So it's kinda of an aesthetic.

You're a moron.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Another thing to keep in mind is her vocal styling is from the Anita Baker mold of R&B. So it's kinda of an aesthetic.

You're a moron.

haha that is on some shit for real.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i think she deserves a soulstrut graemlin for this performance.

• i think she deserves a soulstrut graemlin for this performance.

"So much blah blah blah..."

• i think she deserves a soulstrut graemlin for this performance.

a graemlin of a crackwhore saying "haberdashery"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    amy winehouse has some great songs. So what she gets drunk and performs for germans, shes a rock star.

You guys dont like anything good anymore.

• Anything I like is good.

• Winehouse in the doghouse after 'atrocious' tour debut
    Troubled soul singer Amy Winehouse kicked off her 17-date tour with a shambolic performance that saw fuming fans booing and marching out, reports said Thursday.

The concert at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, was a chance for the 24-year-old to get back to singing and put her woes behind her.

Winehouse has had "health issues" -- widely reported to be drug and alcohol abuse -- and her party-loving husband Blake Fielder-Civil is being held on grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice charges.

But Wednesday's gig at the NIA, which can hold up to 13,000 people, was slammed by angry fans as a "disgrace" after she turned up late and stumbled about the stage.

When punters started jeering, Winehouse snapped: "Let me tell you something. First of all, if you're booing, you're a mug for buying a ticket.

"Second, to all those booing, just wait till my husband gets out of incarceration -- and I mean that."

The Birmingham Mail newspaper's music critic Andy Coleman said it was "one of the saddest nights of my life".

"I saw a supremely talented artist reduced to tears, stumbling around the stage and, unforgivably, swearing at the audience," he wrote.

James Dyas demanded his money back, according to London's Evening Standard newspaper.

"She came on stage half an hour late. She managed four songs but was slurring her words and swaying all over the place," he said.

"She fell into the guitar stand and dropped the microphone -- it was atrocious. The song dedicated to her husband was so bad it was like swinging a cat round your head."

An, from Birmingham, commented on The Times newspaper's website: "Her singing was awful, out of tune and slurred. She sang for around 50 minutes -- drinking throughout.

"I have never seen so many people leave a show. 'Valerie' was my favourite song -- she massacred it!"

Pete Massera, from north-west England, added: "It was an absolutely atrocious gig. I, like many others in the audience, got our coats and left before she even finished the set."

Gary Atwell, from nearby Rugby, said "streams" of fans walked out, according to the BBC website.

"I went out for a sneaky cigarette half way through and at least 40 people left, just in that five minutes," he said.

"Valerie", the closing number, descended into chaos when Winehouse stopped singing, dropped the microphone and walked off stage.

Winehouse, named best British female solo artist at the Brit Awards in February, has rarely been out of the newspapers in recent months due to her lifestyle issues.

Copyright ?? 2007 Agence France Presse. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AFP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of Agence France Presse.
    Copyright ?? 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
    Questions or Comments
    Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback

• "Second, to all those booing, just wait till my husband gets out of incarceration -- and I mean that."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now THAT is funny....

• Winehouse has had "health issues" -- widely reported to be drug and alcohol abuse -- and her party-loving

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    amy winehouse has some great songs. So what she gets drunk and performs for germans, shes a rock star.

You guys dont like anything good anymore.

Please to drop knowledge on all the great top 40 music out there Bsides

• Hatters.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    B-b-but wait, it gets worse...

I've stuck up for her in many of the previous Winehouse threads, and I still do believe her to be potentially one of the major talents of her generation, but on this evidence, girl is truly lost.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

i got the late pass but, i like her music quite a bit.

BOTH albums are nice imo.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    "...to all those booing, just wait till my husband gets out -- and I mean that."

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I've stuck up for her in many of the previous Winehouse threads, and I still do believe her to be potentially one of the major talents of her generation, but on this evidence, girl is truly lost.
    i like her albums and a bit of her songwriting..major generational talent...i dont think so

as far as girl being lost that is clear more like one of the major fuck ups of her generations

• I am intrigued by this....

conspiracy to pervert the course of justice[/b]