Amy Winehouse....again

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
This is like a parody in a movie or something. Wow.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    if you want the lyrics to these tracks go here:

http://www.euuhhhwahhhhawuuhhheuuhawwuuhhhuhuuuuohhhawughhuouhuwuuuaa.com

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I mean, just think if you were in the band, what would you be thinking?

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    wow. that is quite the train wreck, indeed.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Who she calling a muhfucka at 3:25? That's uncalled for.

• This is like a parody in a movie or something. Wow.

cotDAMN.

I mean, you gotta be REALLLLLY talented to get away with this type of performance. I mean you gotta be like Hendrix talented. I just don't think this girl has enough in the bank to be pulling this schitt. Maybe if she had been doing it (and doing it well) for 5-6 yrs before these types of meltdowns, with maybe 2-3 solid albums in the bank. But really, what is ol' girl -- one album deep or something? I really don't think she gets a pass for this.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    This is kind of like if Al Jarreau and Cosmo Baker in Halloween Drag stepped into a faulty teleport device and became one person. Then did a bunch of Heroin.

As a backup singer, what do you do in this situation? Stick to the words as written, highlighting the fact that she is totaly fucked up, or just kinda mumble along? I would definitly just start "shabba dee oooh do iiiii"ing like a motherfucker.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I would definitly just start "shabba dee oooh do iiiii"ing like a motherfucker.

Oh Snap! LOL. Now THAT is funny. I would use this for my new location if it would fit.

• ...and the Germans clapped. It could've been in German for all I know.

• AAARAAAGAGGAGGGHHAGAAAAGAHGGGHRGAAAAAA that's how the fuck you sound
    You drunk and hot girls

• Link doesn't work.

I'm totally guilty of both dj'ing & vocal gigs when I could barely stand. I once face planted into a double bass, knocked the girl over and cut up my nose.

Shy + borderline alchoholic = messy gigs.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I Shouldn't even talk shit. I did a gig last night and totally forgot my lyrics. I Winehoused a whole verse into the next chorus. Ouch.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Wow. I have been knee-walking, semi-blackout drunk onstage, but she is really taking things to a whole other level there. At least I could turn down and blend in with the rest of the band.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    does anyone know if she was in sf recently? i swear i drover right by her on way home from work the other day.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I like it, reminds me of this danzig video. Can someone post this up again? That would be nice....

• As a backup singer, what do you do in this situation? Stick to the words as written, highlighting the fact that she is totaly fucked up, or just kinda mumble along? I would definitly just start "shabba dee oooh do iiiii"ing like a motherfucker.

Looks like her backup singers assessed the situation and started doing The Carlton

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

AS bad as this is, I'm not hearing the word 'motherfrcuker' in this clip. Am I missing something?

• This is like a parody in a movie or something. Wow.

AS bad as this is, I'm not hearing the word 'motherfrcuker' in this clip. Am I missing something?

0:45.... kinda.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I mean, just think if you were in the band, what would you be thinking?

"Muther fucker, I'm a talented black man stuck backing up a white, transvestite crack whore!"

• Man I'm not gonna watch the whole thing to see where she "really" f's up, but I gather she is ripped and the lyrics are unintelegable? So what, that's her thing..she hits the notes ok in the first 30 seconds...I can't even understand her on the god damn record...who cares? really? you guys do?

• Man I'm not gonna watch the whole thing to see where she "really" f's up, but I gather she is ripped and the lyrics are unintelegable? So what, that's her thing..she hits the notes ok in the first 30 seconds...I can't even understand her on the god damn record...who cares? really? you guys do?

It's funny.

• are you saying I'm a slack jawed yokel? Or, that it's so damn funny I should watch the whole thing?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    are you saying I'm a slack jawed yokel? Or, that it's so damn funny I should watch the whole thing?

LOL. No need to watch the whole thing....she doesnt even hit notes within the first 10 seconds. let alone 30.

"white, transvestite crack whore!"

please, leave transvestites out of this.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    she hits the notes ok in the first 30 seconds...

Major stretch.

• No one thinks that this is an ACT and that the unintelligible lyrics are part of it. The band follows the "drunken" slowdowns. She hits the lyrics on the choruses. As such, I think the performance works, in that it's in character.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    she hits the notes ok in the first 30 seconds...

Major stretch.

I mean she misses the chorus the first time around...Back....to black..black..its not that hard when its your hit single

Poor band,staff,tour manager,etc..let alone..her

• 10 miles of bad road...damn, that was one horrible performance. i like me some winehouse, but i'll take it in studio form. i can't get past that missing tooth.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    this video made me laugh a lot- pretty hilarious