CROCS (footwear related)

2»

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I just don't understand why they couldn't make a comfortable shoe/sandal that doesn't look so ridiculous. The material is really great but it looks like you're wearing oversized clogs made out of foam.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    So far I only seen them on old folks out here in SoCal.

The real question is who is bold enough to step up and buy some of their stock now that it's down bigtime?

• Great for the youngsters. Cute as hell on the real little ones, and they love the decorations you buy and snap in the holes.

Anybody over 11 but younger than 61 not a good look. I say 61 cuz my mom wears em and shes 62. Mom can do no wrong.

• jyrijyri 24 Posts
    Looks like they are trying to get to the next level:
    list of models

Agreed. Just don't let the lil ones with crocs ride the escalator unattended.

PHX lost bad last night, I cried.

There was a lady here in Colorado who started and sold a pretty successful company that made and sold nothing but little stoppers for the holes in the Crocs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15121346/

^^^ $10 MILLION DOLLAR IDEA ! WTF?!?!?!?

Jibbitz on Oprah, lol.

• Just don't let the lil ones with crocs ride the escalator unattended.

You think this problem would be fixed by now. Couldn't be that hard, could it?

• The real question is who is bold enough to step up and buy some of their stock now that it's down bigtime?

Seems to be a sell-off.

I'm definitely considering buying some.

• From February to August, the company grew from $200,000 in monthly revenue to $2 million in monthly revenue

• I just want to knock someone out their Crox. If you are a 30 something year old man wearing the same shoe that a four year old girl wears, you deserve it. I am like the fuckin' Crox Hunter. I start talking shit soon as I see them.

• i think crocs are also gettin banned in hospitals due to the open holes all over the shoes that are RIPE depositories fer misc fluids...

From what I've read it's because crogs are partly open footwear it would be easier to have an accident if one would drop a contaminated needle.
    It would make more sense if they would ban them from hospitals because they look downright ridiculous although they are very comfortable.
    Ofcourse as a dutchman I hope a wooden version becomes available in the near future.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just want to knock someone out their Crox. If you are a 30 something year old man wearing the same shoe that a four year old girl wears, you deserve it. I am like the fuckin' Crox Hunter. I start talking shit soon as I see them.

That is some funny shit. Puttin' heads to bed, straight out the Crocs.
    I don't think I could ever rock those no matter how comfortable they are.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I don't think I could ever rock those no matter how comfortable they are.

word boogems.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Wow. Image conscious much? Function > Form, Always.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I've seen Mario Battali's little leprechaun self around the city a few times, and he has orange crocs on every time. And a fleece vest.

• Wow. Image conscious much? Function > Form, Always.

If that was true we would still be wearing robes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    seeing girls wear these out automatically makes them unattractive

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Our daughter used to wear them a lot, and they are very convenient for the toddler set, as F16C and others have pointed out. Easy on, easy off, and don't usually fall off. But they got banned from preschool for insufficient ankle support and contributing to frequent tripping. She stopped wearing them very often, and she falls down a lot less often.

Wife has a pair she wears in the garden.

I can see the convenience and comfort, but they're not for me. I get plenty of convenience and comfort from my brown leather slip-ons shoes that are about to wear out after five years and make me cry.

No hate,
    JRoot

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Wow. Image conscious much? Function > Form, Always.

and bunny slippers too.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

You have such high, meaningful standards.

PS If you haven't already figured it out, "" is the wrong graemlin to use to respond to this...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

You have such high, meaningful standards.

PS If you haven't already figured it out, "" is the wrong graemlin to use to respond to this...

dude, they are pretty ugly shoes. I cant really think of any attractive girls ive ever seen wearing them.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    it sounds fucked up, but i equate them to the new version of ugg boots. i'm not shallow, but i'll be damned if they don't make a cute girl ugly.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    it sounds fucked up, but i equate them to the new version of ugg boots. i'm not shallow, but i'll be damned if they don't make a cute girl ugly.

Ill still fuck with uggs on a girl. I dont care how played out it is.

The Croc thing though - Jesus. Everybody has the same story (my father included) :" I thought they were ugly as fuck, but i tried them on and lord if they arent the bees knees."

Everyone who tries these things on becomes infected. Its like night of the living dead. I have the following nightmare ever now and again:

Its October 20th, my birthday. Family and friends surround me as I blow out my birthday candles, the happiest man alive. "Open your present!" everyone shouts in unison, their smiles suddenly taking on a ghoulish air. A small, clog shaped item in green wrapping paper is presented. An ominous chord is struck within me. Expactant faces beam at me. "Open it", they scream. I cautiously unwrap it. Crocs. "Try them on!"

• cascas 1,484 Posts

Its October 20th, my birthday. Family and friends surround me as I blow out my birthday candles, the happiest man alive. "Open your present!" everyone shouts in unison, their smiles suddenly taking on a ghoulish air. A small, clog shaped item in green wrapping paper is presented. An ominous chord is struck within me. Expactant faces beam at me. "Open it", they scream. I cautiously unwrap it. Crocs. "Try them on!"

haha. they seem like they have mind control powers. sorta like line dancing (which i also refuse to take part in). once they have your mind, they have your soul.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

It took some doing, but I finally googled an image that I think will prove you wrong...

Given the opportunity, you know you would knock them crocs...

• It took some doing, but I finally googled an image that I think will prove you wrong...

Given the opportunity, you know you would knock them crocs...