CROCS (footwear related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
Who here actually rocks these? Does your immediate family wear them?Ugliest shoes evar, and their stock tumbled 27 points yesterday!!! Down 36% I be the shorts are shooting their loads over this one. http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=CROXWOW

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I do. Most comfortable shit ever for a 12 hour shift in the hospital.

I come by them by way of hospital culture though, and realize that they are not the most stylish shit ever. But fuck, there you are, knee deep in amniotic fluid and telling Mom to push, it's like, "Damn, my feet feel so cozy."

• chasechase 767 Posts
    my girl has some, my 2year old has some knock offs... yes they are ugly but she says they are the most comfortable shoes she has ever had

comfort>style=old

• the guy who has the business downstairs from us sells them. he'll be all khakied up with a turtleneck and rocking some orange crocs. he even sells little pins (soccer balls, hearts, etc.) so you can bedazzle your crocs. i have no idea what to make of them.

• the guy who has the business downstairs from us sells them. he'll be all khakied up with a turtleneck and rocking some orange crocs. he even sells little pins (soccer balls, hearts, etc.) so you can bedazzle your crocs. i have no idea what to make of them.

Does he have them in size 16????

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I do. Most comfortable shit ever for a 12 hour shift in the hospital.

I come by them by way of hospital culture though, and realize that they are not the most stylish shit ever. But fuck, there you are, knee deep in amniotic fluid and telling Mom to push, it's like, "Damn, my feet feel so cozy."

They've banned them in hospitals over here in the UK. The static can turn off equipment apparently. Yeah, killer shoes.

Crocs are seriously comfortable but ugly as hell.

• I do. Most comfortable shit ever for a 12 hour shift in the hospital.

They've banned them in hospitals over here in the UK. The static can turn off equipment apparently. Yeah, killer shoes.

How do rubber shoes produce static?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I don't know what they're made of but it isn't rubber.

• I do. Most comfortable shit ever for a 12 hour shift in the hospital.

How do rubber shoes produce static?

I would assume the same way rubber balloons do - friction.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    My son rocks dark green ones with a Buzz Lightyear and Mater (from "Cars") pins. They weigh nothing and are easier to keep on him than flip-flops. It's fun for kids, minging on adults though.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i think crocs are also gettin banned in hospitals due to the open holes all over the shoes that are RIPE depositories fer misc fluids...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Crocs are also dangerous to wear on escalators. There have been a few cases of people, particularly kids, getting their crocks stuck in the escalator somehow & getting their toes amputated. Here's an article:

http://news.aol.com/business/story/_a/got-crocs-be-careful-on-the-escalator/20070918103609990001

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I support them. Don't rock them in public, but they are amazing as house slippers or for doing yard work.

My uncle is very good friends with the owners, they were frat brother together. Their stocks slipped, but he has a private plane. They're doing fine.

Their marketing director was nominated by Brand Week as one of the top marketers of the year.

They'll be fine.

• i think crocs are also gettin banned in hospitals due to the open holes all over the shoes that are RIPE depositories fer misc fluids...

not all crocs are created equal

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    i think crocs are also gettin banned in hospitals due to the open holes all over the shoes that are RIPE depositories fer misc fluids...

A competing company had the foresight to see the holes/openings being a problem & started making croc styled shoes with no holes. I can't remember the name, but I imagine those will be popular.

• i think crocs are also gettin banned in hospitals due to the open holes all over the shoes that are RIPE depositories fer misc fluids...

A competing company had the foresight to see the holes/openings being a problem & started making croc styled shoes with no holes. I can't remember the name, but I imagine those will be popular.

actually this is a pic of crocs, and I can confirm as I've seen both varieties at croc displays at various shoe stores (at least in NYC). They also have a flip flop model, which almost got me buying a pair, as I needed new flip flops and wouldn't be embarrassed to wear them in public.

and of course sketchers has their own knockoff.

actually this is a pic of crocs, and I can confirm as I've seen both varieties at croc displays at various shoe stores (at least in NYC). They also have a flip flop model, which almost got me buying a pair, as I needed new flip flops and wouldn't be embarrassed to wear them in public.

My wife has a pair of Airwalk faux-Crocs.

on their convenience for little kids. My son has a pair thathe loves to wear. Very light, easy on/off and practically indestructable.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

My wife has a pair of Airwalk faux-Crocs.

on their convenience for little kids. My son has a pair thathe loves to wear. Very light, easy on/off and practically indestructable.

I posted this above, but I'll put it up again for the parents here:

http://news.aol.com/business/story/_a/got-crocs-be-careful-on-the-escalator/20070918103609990001

peace

h

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My 4 year old daughter has 2 pair. We had to institute a no-crocs after Halloween policy cause it was getting too cold and their the only thing she would wear. I am a huge fan of cloggish type shoes for comfort reasons but them shits is beyond ugly. Can't go there.

BTW the bedazzler things you put on crocs are called jibbitz. I heard that a mom invented them using femo. Her husband was a venture capitalist, told her to take it to the next level. Word is they sold the company to CROCS for $20 million. Not bad for a little Sunday afternoon keep your kids busy type project .

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    They are INCREDIBLY confortable, but I'd never cop. Call me , but choosing function over form is very literally
    (with all due respect to hospital workers - you get a pass. when you see an entire family out shopping in matching crocs however - now that's cringeworthy.)

Also, FYI: Swedish NHL Hockey hero Peter "Foppa" Forsberg brought this ugly-ass shoe to Sweden. He's a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I've never owned a pair and probably never will until I'm of retirement age (which, if I marry effectively, will be in five or years), but a climbing partner wears them to the crag all the time. I don't understand how you can hike in them, and i'm sticking with approach shoes. He swears by them. He's not much a climber, mind you.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    every waitress in the restaurant I work at rocks crocs...Myself...the birkenstock professional rubber clog. They last forever. I'm on my second pair in nine seasons.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NEVER

• Just out of curiosity, I thought these damn shoes were birkenstock ripoffs, I never knew that they were an actual brand. I mean doesn't birkenstock make some similar, ugly ones?

• I am just utterly amazed that not only people on this board OWN and WEAR these damn things...but even ADMIT to it on a public forum!

• I am just utterly amazed that not only people on this board OWN and WEAR these damn things...but even ADMIT to it on a public forum!

i mean didn't someone admit to getting a hardon while wearing stockings? it's like a week of coming clean.

first the hard on, then the crocs, what's next? admitting you watch Reba?

Soul Strut: the Dr. Phil of the record world.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    hospital culture

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

Also, FYI: Swedish NHL Hockey hero Peter "Foppa" Forsberg brought this ugly-ass shoe to Sweden. He's a hero to most, but he never meant shit to me.

them's fighting words. Forsberg's my favorite hockey player of alltime. Don't knock the man. If Forsberg approves, then maybe there's nothing wrong with crocs after all!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

them's fighting words. Forsberg's my favorite hockey player of alltime. Don't knock the man. If Forsberg approves, then maybe there's nothing wrong with crocs after all!

Forsberg probably picked them up here in Colorado (home of the Crocs) when he played for the Avalanche. You are welcome, Sweden!

And let the record show that these are a product of BOULDER, Colorado. Further proof that noithing good ever came out of Boulder.

Round these parts, we call people who wear these "Croc Rockers".

They are the Jelly Shoes of the 'Boommer set. Honestly, its hard to hold a serious conversation with a man (and LOTS of 'boomer men wear these) who is the same age or older than your own dad, while he is wearing neon green Crocs.

There was a lady here in Colorado who started and sold a pretty successful company that made and sold nothing but little stoppers for the holes in the Crocs.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

These are the jawns that I have. I originally got a pair for my father-in-law (who's a Berkeley surfer dude) for doing yard work and shit. Earlier this year whil at his house I slipped his on to take the trash out and I was like "Oh shit these bitches are comfortable as hell." They then got me the ones above for my birthday and I was like "Oh, okay..." But a fee days later I wore them to the airport and was immediately sold. Without exception the most comfortable pair of shoes that I have ever worn for traveling. I now wear them whenever I'm flying (considering all the bullshit that you have to go through at airport security and flying it's best to be as light as possible.) Considering how much I fly they have treated me AWESOME.

YES, they're ugly as all hell, but when I'm rolling through security checkpoints I don't give a fuck. My shit is SKRATE.

• jyrijyri 24 Posts
    People rock them a lot in Finland. I personally think that it's