Armageddon Strut...

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Will this happen in our lifetime? Fires, floods, earthquakes, etc. The winter solstice of 2012 is when the earth, our galaxy, and the center of the universe are all aligned. This happens once every 13,000 years... Will some crazy shit happen or what? Discuss.

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Will this happen in our lifetime?

Meh. If it does, there's nothing you can do about it, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. Either way, it's not worth worrying about.

Why, you got a hot date in 2013 or something?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nostradamus gotcha huh? Stop watching the History Channel!

• Nostradamus gotcha huh? Stop watching the History Channel!

Ha Ha! Yeah, I been thinking about that shit all day!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    yo, but nibiru is approaching fast though. it's gonna put earth out of axis. and only 144,000 chosen will remain.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm hoping it will help with the traffic problem.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i'm not really all that worried about it, but i never thought i'd live to see old age. for one reason or another, either sickness or something with the planet or nations would put an end to life as i know it. thats me though and i plug along.....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The winter solstice of 2012 is when the earth, our galaxy, and the center of the universe are all aligned. This happens once every 13,000 years...

According to whom?

And is it necessary to believe them?

"There's a sucker born every minute."

THIS I believe to be true, everything else I wait and see.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    The end is near! Send me your rares and this will be sufficiant sacrifice for eternal salvation!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    The winter solstice of 2012 is when the earth, our galaxy, and the center of the universe are all aligned. This happens once every 13,000 years...

According to whom?

The Mayans, among others.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Wait for the uh...coming of Tan, and things of this nature, muthafuckas.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• Will this happen in our lifetime? Fires, floods, earthquakes, etc. The winter solstice of 2012 is when the earth, our galaxy, and the center of the universe are all aligned. This happens once every 13,000 years... Will some crazy shit happen or what? Discuss.

You can only kill a zombie with a direct shot to the brain. 1st and last tip you'll need.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nah man, so it's been said, 2012 is going to be the end of things as we know it. Take that as you may, but supposedly there's a significance to that year (and the date 12/22/12) and the alignment of the cosmic bodies and shit. As the Mayans have been saying for eons, it's when the "sixth sun" (the sun/era as we know it) dies. Who knows what happens after that. Apocalypse? Well there are many different theories to what Apocalypse really is.

Personally I would like to think that's when human-kind is ushered into the Age Of Aquarius and everything is groovy, but really who the fuck knows? I'm gonna continue to live my life...

• 12/22/2012: soulstrut.com becomes self-aware.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    So which calendar are we going according to: Gregorian, Julian, Lunar, etc,.?

I thought Armegeddon was supposed to take place on March 23, 1997. After I woke up the next day I was highly upset. Don't think anything will happen in 2012.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Where is the center of the universe?

I'm presently in San Francisco.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    People always look at these predictions as the end of the world, but you've got to comsider it may just be the end of all the BAD stuff. It could signal a new beginning for humanity as the world begins to get it's shit together.

Will this happen in our lifetime? Fires, floods, earthquakes, etc. The winter solstice of 2012 is when the earth, our galaxy, and the center of the universe are all aligned. This happens once every 13,000 years... Will some crazy shit happen or what? Discuss.

I went back and read this quote and realized the problem with it, so here's a quote from an astronomer:

The top layer (the universe today) was made by enlarging the bottom layer (the universe 1 billion years ago) by 5% percent. That means every space on the top layer is enlarged by 5 percent. The real universe is the same: in a billion years all of the spaces between galaxy clusters has expanded by about 5 percent. Viewed from any point, the universe seems to be expanding about that point.[/b]

There is no center to the universe. You can rest easy.

I went back and read this quote and realized the problem with it, so here's a quote from an astronomer:

The top layer (the universe today) was made by enlarging the bottom layer (the universe 1 billion years ago) by 5% percent. That means every space on the top layer is enlarged by 5 percent. The real universe is the same: in a billion years all of the spaces between galaxy clusters has expanded by about 5 percent. Viewed from any point, the universe seems to be expanding about that point.[/b]

So you mean that I actually have a chance to make it to 31?!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Definitely the end of the Mayan calendar and apparently the I-Ching coincides with it.

As Cos mentioned, think of it as an end of an era and the beginning of a new one for all of this could just be part of a spiritual awakening.

Nbiru might actually be approaching as well...which would surely stimulate a pole shift.

So like I said last week on here, be deep inside a cave while the tail of Nbiru is crossing the Earth and thus the sky is falling. And then get the hell out of that cave into an open area for the actual pole shift (earthquakes, floods, etc.).

I've also heard that the Mayan calander ends sooner than 12/12/2012 as previous conversions from it to the Gregorian calendar were at least slightly inaccurate.

And as legend has it, Nbiru if it ever comes within our site wil at first look like a red cross...which apparently is what historically fed Christians their altered symbolism.

Hey M*ke, I'm not guaranteeing nothin, but Busta Rhymes was wrong with ELE, so why can't the Mayans be wrong too?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    which would surely stimulate a pole shift.

you really DO like this stuff!

Hey M*ke, I'm not guaranteeing nothin, but Busta Rhymes was wrong with ELE, so why can't the Mayans be wrong too?
    Just funnin'. I don't get wrapped up in Armegeddon, End Times, or whatever it's called. We'll all be old, crusty and gray before any of that stuff happens.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And as legend has it, Nbiru if it ever comes within our site wil at first look like a red cross...which apparently is what historically fed Christians their altered symbolism.

Really, though? It wasn't that whole "crucifixion" thing? 'Cause I remember them being pretty worked up about that.

• People always look at these predictions as the end of the world, but you've got to comsider it may just be the end of all the BAD stuff. It could signal a new beginning for humanity as the world begins to get it's shit together.

"until the return of the Mayan god Quetzacoatl and the elevation of human consciousness to a new plane of psychic harmony. "

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Really, though? It wasn't that whole "crucifixion" thing? 'Cause I remember them being pretty worked up about that.

Did you ever read that "Childhood's End?"

^^^Hasn't yet read his Joseph Campbell and doesn't realize that Jesus is just an incarnation of previous myths.^^^

Nbiru might actually be approaching as well...which would surely stimulate a pole shift.

So like I said last week on here, be deep inside a cave while the tail of Nbiru is crossing the Earth and thus the sky is falling. And then get the hell out of that cave into an open area for the actual pole shift (earthquakes, floods, etc.).

The Theory of Relativity says you're wrong, so I'mma roll with Einstein on this one.

The Theory of Relativity says you're wrong, so I'mma roll with Einstein on this one.

Plaese to explain (a simply as need be).