what kind of candy do you hate??

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
me and my roomate were having a conversation today about getting dicked on halloween when you were trick or treating. Like when some asshole gives you loose change or whoppers. Also peppermints or those nasty hard candies that your grandma eats. I would rather eat that apple with the razor blade or get dosed with acid then eat another pack of smarties. What is wrong with some people? also mounds are pretty gross too.The one spot i remember from back in my old town was this one chick that used to give out like kingsize candy bars. For the last few years i load up on the good candy, (reeses, butterfingers, kitkats, snickers, etc...) so the kids dont think i suck.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    raisins!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Jelly beans.

Hated them since I was a kid.

• Circus peanuts, Peeps of all kinds and candy corn...bleeechhhhh....

• i honestly can't think of a candy i hate (sugar addict related)... i hook up the good candy, too... fuck being "that house", but i go out trick or treating with my daughter, so i end up missing most of the kids... more for me!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• All of those non-fruity flavored JellyBelly's are FOUL. Miles loves jellybeans, and even he makes a face when he gets one of those in the assortment...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

hmmm the Original MALTED MILK BALL...

The Original

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Oh my good god, WTF is wrong with people that give these out?

Worst Frickin' candy on the planet. Always at the bottom of that stale ass candy jar on the secretary's desk. Disgusting.

I would also like to add black licorice of all kinds to the list (okay, I'm learning, not ALL kinds--no AYO plaese or ) . Except maybe Good and Plenty, which I can kinda deal with if a friend buys some while we're at the movies, but then again. not so much.

PS The popcorn jelly beans have kinda grown on me.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    what kind of candy do you hate??
    Candy with razor blades in them.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

They taste like someone dropped their gummy bears in the foul sour-mash at the bottom of an old trash barrel.

• I don't like banana runts, I mean they're not that bad when you eat one, but compared to the apples and oranges and limes, they're not that good. I bet one of you buster ass dudes will only eat the banana runts. But other than that, yeah I'm not with tootsie rolls either. I got this management professor that passes around a bag of tootsie rolls, I just take that bag and hand it off you run with it *next*. Apple pie ass motherfucker, the other day he came in with this box of god damn gum balls i forget what they were called but I was like can you believe this guy. Can we get an airhead or something. I got in school suspension for a day once in middle school for selling candy, before that it was like the middle of that one diplo song except I really thought that. Anyways

• I used to hate those peanut butter taffy whatever things in the black and orange wrappers. I never ate those.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Grossest shit evar:

• runts, candy corn, most of those other no name hard candies, cosine on the foul jelly bellies (dr pepper ones are killin it though), mounds bars...etc. this is a funny thread.

• I used to hate those peanut butter taffy whatever things in the black and orange wrappers. I never ate those.

Mary Janes....if I wasn't worried about ripping out a couple of caps I'd be all over those...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm also pretty much anti anything with a filling inside.

Used to be down with these, though:

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    To me, spiced jelly beans are the worst. When I grab a jelly bean not knowing it is that nasty spicy bulls**t, it is the flavor of disappointment.

Anise hard candies are a close second. Foul tasting stuff, but my grandfather loved 'em. Used to roll the cellophane wrapper into a toothpick-like object and chew on it. After he passed, my grandmother started rocking only Werther's and butterscotch discs in the candy dish.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    For the last few years i load up on the good candy, (reeses, butterfingers, kitkats, snickers, etc...) so the kids dont think i suck.

Gotta give it up for the Take Five. Somebody shoulda jammed a salty pretzel inside a chocolate bar a long time ago! I think Desmond/Brubeck would approve.

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts
    This one septuagenarian in my neighborhood always used to give us pencils on Halloween.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This one septuagenarian in my neighborhood always used to give us pencils on Halloween.

Were they chocolate-covered?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I remember reading that the razor blade thing was a scare that never actually happened. There is no record of anybody ever actually attempting to lace candy with a razor blade. But it COULD happen, I guess, which is what scared people. I remember when hospitals would x-ray your candy for free. back in the 80s.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Then definitely not pre-sharpened.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ewwww i remember mary janes. Those shits were disgusting and could seriously rip your fillings out.

what about those cheap bastards giving out spider rings and erasers?

juju fruits were gross and felt like you were chewing on a lump of crazy glue.

i wish though people would have laced my candy with drugs. Now and days i would appreciate it.

"heroin pixie stix? NO DOUBT!"

• NECCO wafers
    i mean i can get with some smarties but please- that shit is just awful

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts

Then definitely not pre-sharpened.
    Not sharpened but they did have those huge erasers that can't actually erase anything. Useless in my local third grade experience.

• For the last few years i load up on the good candy, (reeses, butterfingers, kitkats, snickers, etc...) so the kids dont think i suck.

Gotta give it up for the Take Five. Somebody shoulda jammed a salty pretzel inside a chocolate bar a long time ago! I think Desmond/Brubeck would approve.

A.K.A. Stoner Chow

• Swedish Fish? Really?

Tootsie Rolls are defintely up there along with black licorice and this crap

• These shits have always been gross to me.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

B/W

Going to the neighborhood Dentists house and getting a Tooth Brush and mini crest.

• Totally disgusting...