BEE stings

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
i got stung on my hand when i was 5 and on my index finger when i was 11. anyone else got stung? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn you remember that shit?i cant even remember how many times ive been stung, much less the ages i was when i got stung

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Yup and i've been stung by Wasps too.I still remember it like it was yesterday and it happened when i was like 8 years old.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I got stung on the eyelid when I was like 10. I totally deserved it though, my friend and I lit a bees nest on fire.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    sound PAINFULL!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    never been stung by a bee or wasp but I swear to go a mosquito went to town on my left shoulder a couple night ago... I counted 8 different bites there but none elsewhere.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    only got stung once but the stinger didnt penetrate my supple skin. i was trying to smother a bee that was on my paper plate out on the patio one night with a napkin. somehow it stung me through the napkin but there was no blood or anything so im not really sure what happened.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    BTW best movie scene involving bees is the part in "my girl" where kevin from home alone gets stung and dies. pretty sure it made me cry when i watched it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Man, I been stung...

• recordsrecords 16 Posts
    With nothing to do one afternoon I was fooling around and picked up a stick and beat the hell out of a bush. No idea what I was thinking. Ironic as it was a bumblebee fell out of that bush. Picking it up to inspect it I got stung hard by it and haven't been stung since, knock on wood.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    BTW best movie scene involving bees is the part in "my girl" where kevin from home alone gets stung and dies. pretty sure it made me cry when i watched it.

You need to see that movie Election my friend.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Only by a wasp that was chilling by my hand when I was watching some TV. Man that stung.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Some of you guys have really never been stung by a bee? Damn! In Georgia we had mad bugs everywhere! Wasps nest under the deck. Ughhhh..mad wasp stings. Uncover a yellojacket hole making a bike trail? UGGGGHHH..like 25 bee stings. Mad calomine lotion. Oatmeal baths. Shit hurts so bad. Like when you get stung by so many the poison starts to make you sick.

Since I moved out of the south though i havent really been stung. So mabye that was just it. But I remember one sumeer there was so many yellowjackets nests in our yard that we HAD to go out at night with gasoline and matches and light those bitches on fire.

Wasps suck cause they can sting you multiple times. Like one wasp once got me like 4 times. And they are big and nasty. Ugghh...We had so many of those fuckers! In the long stalagmite lookings nests.

But I gotta give it to honey bees for the worst bee/wasp sting, cause they leave that stinger in you. And the fact that they die afterwards. So its like a final fuck you!

Ive got bad luck with that shit though. Ive been bitten by a water mocassin, I even got stung by a damn manowar. AND a stingray once. I swear to god. Thats like a bee stinger the size of a butternife. I didnt feel it till I got out of the water, but for the next day my leg was too swollen to walk on.

poisonous animals dont like me.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Yup, skinny dipping on a beach in Greece got stung on my d***. Not a great moment for me.

Also got stung by a scorpion another time. On my toe, thankfully. And a hornet flew up my shirt sleeve and got me on my arm once while riding my motorbike. That was the worst.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Yup, skinny dipping on a beach in Greece got stung on my d***. Not a great moment for me.

but hey at least it swelled up ! *PASUE*

But yo, I never been stung by a bee and I'm kinda nervous if I ever because I'm not sure if I'm one of those dudes that like...dies.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Knew I'd get some sympathy from the Soulstrut brethren.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I just had to remove a yellowjacket's nest from my bedroom window so that I could put a new ac unit up in that batch. Kids, if you ever have need to f*** with a bee's nest of any type, be sure to do it very very early in the morning when the insects are not active. Try to saturate it with bug spray first, then remove said nest with something like a rake after the bugs start fallin' off (that's what I used). Messing with bees in the middle of the day is a serious no-no. They will sting you on your d***.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Messing with bees in the middle of the day is a serious no-no. They will sting you on your d***.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Funny this whole bee thing came up today... one of the dudes who works for me at my day gig got stung this morning by a wasp and his hand swoll up, looks like he's hiding a small plum under his skin (that's a little exaggerated I guess, but his hand is really swolled up, holmes).
    And since this is Soulstrut and it's always star worthy whenever you can make a post record-related, this dude at the j-o-b happens to be the son of legendary jazz musician Grassella Oliphant (RR).

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I remember when I was younger I got stung by a grip of bees all at the same time. After I stopped from running around like a madman, my father was shaking me and all of these dead bees where falling out of my clotheses.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i've been stung when mowing the grass. i guess i was near a nest or rolled over one. i had some bees get stuck in my sock and kept stinging. also got stung on the tush.

Delay, good call on the location..beat me to it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Funny this whole bee thing came up today... one of the dudes who works for me at my day gig got stung this morning by a wasp and his hand swoll up, looks like he's hiding a small plum under his skin (that's a little exaggerated I guess, but his hand is really swolled up, holmes).
    And since this is Soulstrut and it's always star worthy whenever you can make a post record-related, this dude at the j-o-b happens to be the son of legendary jazz musician Grassella Oliphant (RR).

Baking soda right away will help draw some of the junk out, but it sounds like he's past that point. Still couldn't hurt to give it a soak in some warm water with epsom (SP).

I really havn't been stung since I was a kid. But I was stung several years ago by a dead bee!!! That's right kids if they still have a stinger that sucker will still hurt. I was just picking it up with a paper towel and I squeezed too hard and stung myself basically. Felt stupid and it hurt pretty good. But at least I didn't get the stinger stuck in me.

• Funny this whole bee thing came up today... one of the dudes who works for me at my day gig got stung this morning by a wasp and his hand swoll up, looks like he's hiding a small plum under his skin (that's a little exaggerated I guess, but his hand is really swolled up, holmes).

Baking soda right away will help draw some of the junk out, but it sounds like he's past that point. Still couldn't hurt to give it a soak in some warm water with epsom (SP).

I really havn't been stung since I was a kid. But I was stung several years ago by a dead bee!!! That's right kids if they still have a stinger that sucker will still hurt. I was just picking it up with a paper towel and I squeezed too hard and stung myself basically. Felt stupid and it hurt pretty good. But at least I didn't get the stinger stuck in me.

I was always told as a kid that putting tabacco from a cig. on the sting helps

• Options
    I got attacked by bees while I was up on a telephone pole, and fell 18 feet onto the roof of a car. Shit was hilarious.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Bees

Wasps

[/b]

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Check it; I was outside playing my saxophone one beautiful afternoon with the rest of my high school band. All of the sudden I saw this bee flying around me and my boy told me just to stand still and relax. I was like cool, so I did it didn't move didn't panic or anything. All of the sudden I felt this sharp ass pain in my pinky finger and that bastard flew away calmly. I freaked out and started swinging my saxophone and my fists at it. Everyone else just laughed I was pissed. Friggin bees...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I got attacked by bees while I was up on a telephone pole, and fell 18 feet onto the roof of a car. Shit was hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the hardest I've laughed all day, thank you.