Left-side or Right-side

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
which side of the brain do you use (although I suspect many of you use neither)?THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it. LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS uses logic detail oriented facts rule words and language present and past math and science can comprehend knowing acknowledges order/pattern perception knows object name reality based forms strategies practical safe RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS uses feeling "big picture" oriented imagination rules symbols and images present and future philosophy & religion can "get it" (i.e. meaning) believes appreciates spatial perception knows object function fantasy based presents possibilities impetuous risk taking

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    One minute I see it as clockwise and then the next minute I see it as counter-clockwise...

• is this real? i can only see her moving clockwise.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't know what the hell is going on with that thing, but I've seen her turn both ways. At first it was clockwise, then I looked down and read the text, and when I looked back, it was counter-clockwise.

Bizarre.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i only see clockwise, my wife saw it counterclockwise last weekend but now says she sees it clockwise today.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    is this real? i can only see her moving clockwise.

A quick poll of the office revealed that, myself included, all but 2 saw her moving clockwise. I can therefore deduce that people who see her moving anticlockwise are robotic freaks.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    i can only see her moving clockwise.

• I see it clockwise mostly, but if I look away for a second it'll go counter-clockwise.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    is this real? i can only see her moving clockwise.

Yeah, me too. What a shock to learn at this advanced stage of the game that I am a "fantasy-based" feeler.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I doubt this little dumb optical illusion determines what side of the brain you use more.

- spidey

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I doubt this little dumb optical illusion determines what side of the brain you use more.

- spidey

Spoken like a true counter clockwiser.

You need to see the bigger picture, feel it!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I see it clockwise mostly, but if I look away for a second it'll go counter-clockwise.

Yup. Just happened to me again, but I'm latently ambidextrous, so it makes a bit of sense. I can't figure out how your brain can reverse it like that, though. I mean, if it's capable of doing that, why are things always reversed when you look in a mirror, instead of sometimes reversed, sometimes normal?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I must be some sort of telekinetic genius cause I can get her to do what ever I want. She's coming over this afternoon to see my raers.

• shes spining in both directions, im on my works 10 year old computer and shes spinin super slow. she'll be goin one direction for a sec and then stop and go the other way.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Assuming that we are basing this on an head-to-feet view direction, she's moving counter-clockwise all day every day. Look at the cycle of her left arm and leg. Or her ponytail. How on earth can you make that into clockwise movement?

Guess I'm a robot.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    How on earth can you make that into clockwise movement?

thas funny, because thats what im thinking with regards to a counter-clockwise motion. who spins facing forward? she has to be leaning back into the spin.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Arrrrgh, now I see it. Clever. Phew, I'm a robot with feelings.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Assuming that we are basing this on an head-to-feet view direction, she's moving counter-clockwise all day every day. Look at the cycle of her left arm and leg. Or her ponytail. How on earth can you make that into clockwise movement?

Guess I'm a robot.

Try staring at the whole picture at once, the way you do with those weird sand painting optical illusions where when you stare long enough a picture is formed.

• Options
    Looking at the whole picture I only saw her spinning counter-clockwise, but zeroing in on the foot that is sticking out I see it as a clockwise motion.

I'm ambi-brained.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Looking at the whole picture I only saw her spinning counter-clockwise, but zeroing in on the foot that is sticking out I see it as a clockwise motion.

I'm ambi-brained.

Oh yeah, that's right. I guess I don't know my clockwises from my counters.. but my brain works both ways!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    One minute I see it as clockwise and then the next minute I see it as counter-clockwise...

ditto, but when I stopped to read and focus, I could only see it going clockwise after that.

• is this real? i can only see her moving clockwise.

• It's also essential to this test for the silhouette to have nipples.

If you noticed this, you are left-brained.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Guess I'm a robot.

Ga! After you said that it looks like her head is going counter and the rest of her body is clockwise.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Scroll down so that all you can see is the lower half of her body.

• don't know but she's definitely not wearing a bra.

also, maybe she's not moving at all and just the room (camera) is?

• i can only see her moving clockwise.

I guess that??s why I??m in art-school.

- J

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Interesting. I at first saw it in clockwise motion, and it was only until I saw the face version did I see it go counter-clockwise. It kind of rocks back and forth so it never really turns itself. Then I see it bobbing up and down as if her name was Roxy Jezel. Wow!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    staring at this gif is making me crazy