Fun Dip

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
For some reason I'm having a craving for "Fun Dip". Carry on.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    kid's version of crack cocaine
    diabetic coma inducer

• For some reason I'm having a craving for "Fun Dip".

Carry on.

How did your friend's herbal search turn out? Any luck?

• For some reason I'm having a craving for "Fun Dip".

Carry on.

My favorite part of that, was eating that candy spoon thing when you were done.

• I wish I could find the original 70s/80s package artwork online. I seem to remember it having a simple cartoon of a sloppy fat kid slobbering all over his fun dip, which certainly made the case for truth in advertising.

• Man those triple packs are bullshit. Three pouches of dust, but only two candy sticks?!?!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I'd always dump all three packets into a bowl and mix up for that extra-cracky experience.

A few years ago, I bought a box of Big League Chew from Sam's Club and chewed my heart out for a few weeks. Hurts the jaw after a while but I wouldn't mind doing that again.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Big League Chew

Memories:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Me and my girl stopped by the candy aisle the other day, and we couldn't stop discussing how much we actually liked candy (Sour patch kids, glow worms, gummy bears, etc)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I have no way of actually supporting this historically, but to me, FUn Dip and Big League Chew were part of some golden age of genius candy branding, Big League Chew especially. The whole "let's turn bubble gum into a kid version of tobacco" is crazy, insidious, brilliance as a marketing scheme but I always thought the shredded bubble gum steez tasted better as a form of gum (esp. compared to the jawbreaking Bazooka Joe bullshit).

As for Fun Dip...man...that and Pixie Sticks really were candy crack. The best/worst is when you ate so much of it, your tongue was left

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Fun Dip and those powdery two-tone lollipops that tasted like solidified Fun Dip and these were my favourites - can't find images of the older packaging either:

• I was born in 1970 and every girl in the 70s knew how to make these:

Ring any bells for you 80s babies?

• Have these been rebranded as bling pops yet?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

the ladies laced us with ring pops at our 2 year anniversary beat battle last week.... had me a red one!

how about some bottlecaps though? especially the rootbeer joints!

• I was born in 1970 and every girl in the 70s knew how to make these:

Ring any bells for you 80s babies?

WHOA yeah i forgot all about those!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

WORD THE F*CK UP. Loved those. The only problem was, you only got one "puff" of powdered sugar, so you had to wait for the moment of maximum coolness to do the do. Where's the tobacco-themed candy these days? Can't a man get some faux-Skoal and get his Type-2 diabetes on in peace?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Reading this thread makes my stomach hurt.

Bonkers.

Man.

How about the first gen of Everlasting Gobstobbers? Before they introduced the weaksauce ones they have now that are an insult to the concept of "jawbreakers."

And big up Lemonheads, Alexander the Grape and the questionable Cherry Clan.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Bonkers.

Man.

How about the first gen of Everlasting Gobstobbers? Before they introduced the weaksauce ones they have now that are an insult to the concept of "jawbreakers."

Questionable Cherry Clan? Those were awesome. They have since consolidated all of those flavors into Cherry Head, Orange Head, Grape Head, etc. ...

I was at the hardware store yesterday and saw some of those Boston Baked Beans candy. I still don't know ANYONE who ate that shit. I bought them once by mistake, thinking they might be similar to Lemonheads and got the gasface.

I think of Bonkers and am reminded of a few other faves: Dr. Pepper gum and also an orange soda version (Crush?). It was gum but with a syrup-center that was so refreshing on a hot summer day.

This one shop in the Mexican neighborhood by me sells about 20 flavors of Now and (Mostly) Laters -- those get stuck in the teeth something serious.

• gatorade gum was the shit, too!

• we used to pour a cup of coke or pepsi and dip cherry blowpops in it... so good then, kind of disgusting to think about now

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

I think of Bonkers and am reminded of a few other faves: Dr. Pepper gum and also an orange soda version (Crush?). It was gum but with a syrup-center that was so refreshing on a hot summer day.

Man I remember those and just how disgusting they were.

• disgusting

HELL NAW

• gatorade gum was the shit, too!

No doubt. I loved how "quench your thirst" somehow translated into "7 minutes of unstoppable salivation"

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    gatorade gum was the shit, too!

That stuff was mouth puckeringly great for the first 15 seconds and then become absolutely disgusting.

What yall know about this...
    http://oldfashionedcandystore.com/

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Bonkers.

Man.

Questionable Cherry Clan? Those were awesome.

I'm not talking about them as candy, I meant the image on the box.