i just got a real massage

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
from a physical rehabilitation therapist.the pain was excruciating and she did this suction thing on my back to bring the toxins toward the surface and now i got these huge Frickin' bruises on my backbut i feel like a new person now

Comments

• GOOD GOD.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Please to drop knowledge about your drape choices.

• GOOD GOD.

Change those Frickin' drapes!

Nah, for real...never had the suction, but a real massage is no joke. Enjoy, and beforewarned- you may be SORE tomorrow.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    GOOD GOD.

i guess its called "cupping"

its totally painless. something about Qi!!!

i am fine though guys. dont send me records as get well gifts yet.....

• thats a horror of a floral pattern on that couch....
    is that your aunts room?

nice hickeys

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

When done correctly (no bruises-related), a professional massage can be absolutely wonderful. The best one I had was at the Mauna Lani Bay in Hawaii. I should get one soon since I've been working really hard lately.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yo. the drapes?

i bought out a storage unit and i had to take everything in it.

cant let the drapes go to waste u know?

oh and the flower patterns? that shit is usually covered by a red thing. this is all donated furniture from friends and shit.

back on topic

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I looked like that once after an especially long make out session in 8th grade. Remember when you used to make out for like hours without sex? Seems weird and strangely pointless to dry hump for so many hours.

Okay. I'm done sharing now.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Nice to hear you're not hurt, Behemoth. I thought you caught pain from your massage.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yo. the drapes?

Yes, you can.

Cupping is not part of a normal massage though. What kind of massage did you get in addition to the cupping? Shiatsu? Thai?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I love that you're pointing to the area.
    I thought you maybe just passed out on a large pepperoni pizza.

Nice to hear you're not hurt, Behemoth. I thought you caught pain from your massage.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

there was some pain but it was almost an awesome pain. the cupping has sort of a sunburn pain while its being done. but totally painless afterwords.

the whole experience was next level.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    And what is that disgusing glob like thing in the middle of your right shoulder blade.

Nevermind. Need to clean my screen.

yo. the drapes?

Yes, you can.

Cupping is not part of a normal massage though. What kind of massage did you get in addition to the cupping? Shiatsu? Thai?

she just did the cupping in addition to the massage. im not sure what kind of massage it was. i have been getting these back pains sort of like a pulled muscle. and ive never had a "real" massage.

having your girl rub your back doesnt count haha

this was about an hour and focused primarily on my upper back and neck and then chest and under arms...

some of the pressure was WOWWW

ill take the drapes down now

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I love that you have the drape/blind combo going on.

that looks like the worst sunburn ever.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    And what is that disgusing glob like thing in the middle of your right shoulder blade.

Damn, I think you're enjoying his half-nakedness waaaaay too much.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ah soulstrut.

where grown men criticize your drapes.

ah soulstrut.

where grown men criticize your drapes.

hah

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Damn, I think you're enjoying his half-nakedness waaaaay too much.

OH FUCK! THAT is what you call an unrecoverable snap.

Well played sir. Well played. Although, I have to say that I really think you should be more concerned by the anti-drape folks.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    saba rocks the Russian Banya regularly. Its nice.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I mean the dude does have drapes over top of his window blinds. Its a bit odd, no?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I mean the dude does have drapes over top of his window blinds. Its a bit odd, no?
    True. True. I think I just felt Herm's and felt like I had to say something...that's what I get for forgetting where I was posting though...constantly have to be vigilant about ayo alert.

• Options
    My last girlfriend was a massage therapist/acupuncturist, I had the cupping done a couple of times too. Did your therapist just twist the jars on your body or did he/she light a match into the jar first?

One time she was doing an acupuncture treatment on my shoulder and when she went to leave the room for the half hour or forty five minutes I told her I was cold, so she grabbed a blanket and wrapped me up a bit. Ok, now I'm comfortable. Ever get an acupuncture treatment? It makes me fart, something to do with the Qi moving around and bad energy leaving the body or something like that. Plus, you can't really move with all the needles in you so you just have to lay there instead of jumping up and flapping the smell out of the room with a pillow. So after a little while I'm wrapped up in this blanket and let a couple out, and now it's getting to the point where she should be coming back into the room. So I let out the biggest one of all, and sure enough I hear her coming up the steps. Damn. She came in the room, I'm laughing a bit, she says something like "oh no, you were farting weren't you" then takes the blanket off and gets smacked over the head with the heaviest dutch oven in creation. Poor thing.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    the heaviest dutch oven in creation

I get a massage every payday. I got hooked back in 2000, and since then, I've been getting them on the semi-regular (those several stretches of unemployment meant ixnaying on the assagemays). They definitely help quite a bit. I used to walk around with a perma-shrug without even realizing it; now, my shoulders are actually down where they're supposed to be. And I don't stoop over as much as I used to, either.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    damn, 2 pages of this thread and yet no "happy ending" jokes yet.

I thought only superstitious asian parents did that "cupping" shit when they're kids are sick. Nice to know it's a legitimate massage technique now.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    damn, 2 pages of this thread and yet no "happy ending" jokes yet.

I thought only superstitious asian parents did that "cupping" shit when they're kids are sick. Nice to know it's a legitimate massage technique now.

I'm probably splitting hairs here but I don't think it's really a "massage technique." More like a form of Eastern medicine one can get while also getting a massage. Cupping is still fairly unconventional outside of Chinese medicine; it's not like your average massage therapist would ever be trained in it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Just be glad you didn't get a gentleman's finish. She'd prolly put your nuts in some old timey dedicated mammography machine.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Yeah, the drape situation is more startling. What are those some kind of rayon polyester blend?