Cassidy on Jay-Z

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
From SOHH I think right now, the way that I got the hood on smash and the way that my song is poppin??? off, I don???t think it would be a smart decision for Hov to drop on November 6.Can any of SoulStrut's hood correspondents verify the way in which Cassidy is poppin' off?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    he has a new song?

• to top it off Cassidy's album title is like a tired rip off of several of Jay's album titles: The Barry Adrien Reese Story. talk about an unimaginative "concept."

• he has a new song?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    thats embarrassing

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    he has a new song?

It's about four months old. But it is rumored to have the hood on smash.

• You know, I did hear a joint on a mixtape a few weeks ago with Cassidy and Juelz Santana, it was pretty damn good too. It's good for the young buck to have some swagger, I think it's funny that he thinks Jay should be sweatin' his release date. Rap needs more swagger-related humor, which is why Cam'ron needs to make a come back...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Cassidy or whatever...please, Jay-Z do not release another album...and I remind you that I did say please, sir.

• Cam'ron needs to make a come back...

• Embarrassing is right.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is the single we're talking about here "Drink-N-2 Step"?? That was getting a lot of play here for a while, it makes me laugh...

• Cassidy compared the projected sales stand-off to that of 50 Cent and Kanye West.

"The same way that Kanye and 50 both benefited from dropping on the same day, I think if I drop with somebody as legendary as Hov, I can't do nothing but benefit from that," Cass said.

uhhh...how exactly do you benefit from that? I guess you already have people going to the store, which may result in some impulse Cassidy buys on the margins. but if you're just picking up a rap album, only have enough cash for one, and are faced with this choice between Jay and Cassidy...not sure Cassidy "benfits."

• Cassidy compared the projected sales stand-off to that of 50 Cent and Kanye West.

"The same way that Kanye and 50 both benefited from dropping on the same day, I think if I drop with somebody as legendary as Hov, I can't do nothing but benefit from that," Cass said.

having thought about it, I think I'm on to Cassidy. he must be planning to replicate the cover art from Jay's album, which has already been circulated. now that would almost certainly lead to some Cassidy sales on the joint release date. it may even be a close competition.

Cassidy compared the projected sales stand-off to that of 50 Cent and Kanye West.

uhhh...how exactly do you benefit from that? I guess you already have people going to the store, which may result in some impulse Cassidy buys on the margins. but if you're just picking up a rap album, only have enough cash for one, and are faced with this choice between Jay and Cassidy...not sure Cassidy "benfits."

The only conceivable benefit to him is that he has a ready-made excuse for his inevitably poor sales; "See, what happened is I dropped on the same day as Jay...."

• he has a new song?

It's about four months old. But it is rumored to have the hood on smash.

I believe he's talmbout "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK":

• That dudes always been a clown.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    I can't help but like Cassidy, I think it's because he got put away for murder and then was in a coma and he's only 20 or something.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

I believe he's talmbout "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK":

That song's not good.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    From SOHH

I think right now, the way that I got the hood on smash and the way that my song is poppin??? off, I don???t think it would be a smart decision for Hov to drop on November 6.

Can any of SoulStrut's hood correspondents verify the way in which Cassidy is poppin' off?

I live in Philly. If Cassidy's going to be popping anywhere, it's here. So, that being said, "Drink N 2 Step" gets a lot of radio and club play here (and I personally like the song quite a bit). While I know Philly's got love for Cassidy and that particular song is hot "ON THE STREETS," we're not such home-towners that anybody is declaring that Cassidy is on par with Hov.

I think dude's just trying to get on Jimmy Rollins's "WE'RE THE TEAM TO BEAT" level or something.

-e

Jay-Z: 425K
    Cassidy: 63K

Do the board's hood correspondents care to comment on this shocking turn of events?

• Jay-Z: 425K

I don't know if anyone here reads or knows about the Lefsetz report, but I'm currently in an email beef with him regarding Jay not being on iTunes....