Cowboy boots? YAY or NAY?

Comments

• in the netflix queue it goes...I was a big McCloud an when I was a kid, I thought he was the coolest...well next to Evel Knievel and Ace Frehely.

You sound white. And old.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "This premise of "a cowboy in the big city" was more or less adapted from the 1968 Don Siegel film Coogan's Bluff, starring Clint Eastwood. Herman Miller was responsible for the story of Coogan's Bluff and co-wrote the screenplay with Dean Riesner and Howard Rodman (indeed, Miller's work on Coogan's Bluff is credited with inspiring McCloud )."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCloud_(TV_series)

This sounds great--Clint Eastwood is my dude.

• "This premise of "a cowboy in the big city" was more or less adapted from the 1968 Don Siegel film Coogan's Bluff, starring Clint Eastwood. Herman Miller was responsible for the story of Coogan's Bluff and co-wrote the screenplay with Dean Riesner and Howard Rodman (indeed, Miller's work on Coogan's Bluff is credited with inspiring McCloud )."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCloud_(TV_series)

This sounds great--Clint Eastwood is my dude.

I fucks with Eastwood (pasue). he has a dog or two (bridges of madison county-related), but nearly his entire catalogue is worthy of celebration.

easily in the top three past mayors of Carmel as well.

• easily in the top three past mayors of Carmel as well.

from a purely municipal administration perspective of course.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Back on topic, while I would never rock some cowboy boots, girls that wear them are definitely a good look.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I might fuck with these.

But I really don't where brown shoes.

Brown shoes don???t make it
    Quit school, why fake it
    Tv dinner by the pool
    Watch your brother grow a beard
    Got another year of school
    You???re okay, he???s too weird
    Be a plumber
    He???s a bummer
    He???s a bummer every summer
    Be a loyal plastic robot
    For a world that doesn???t care
    That???s right
    Smile at every ugly
    Shine on your shoes and cut your hair

Be a jerk - go to work
    I???m so glad I finished school
    Life is such a ball
    I run the world from city hall

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Dude, the right pair of boots may be the most comfortable shoes you ever wear, period. So go for it! My last pair were eaten by a roommate's dog when I first got to DC from Wyoming. I wouldn't been caught dead working at the ranch I worked at without a good pair of boots. Lucky for me, I had found a couple decent pair practically new at a thrift store in Vegas for like $12 each.

I need some boots, baby!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I own a Ralph Lauren Western Blazer that's "blazin".....

suede w/ fringe?

• I might fuck with these.

I have a pair similar to those, along with a black pair, both from my brother (who buys boots like some of y'all buy Jordans).

I don't wear them often, but every now and then--especially when worn with a dress shirt and jeans and maybe a sports coat--it looks right.

But cowboy boots, like a porkpie or tasteful fedora--are the kind of thing that must be worn on the inside. You just have to own it and not be self conscious.

• "What I love most about this is its amazing line quality--oh, this? It's a piece from my western collection. Why, thank you."

"What I love most about this is its amazing line quality--oh, this? It's a piece from my western collection. Why, thank you."

This pic is great--exactly how I pictured the one BATMON.

"What I love most about this is its amazing line quality--oh, this? It's a piece from my western collection. Why, thank you."

lol

• three quarter/sky blue

three quarter/sky blue

^^^^^^EVERY OTHER DAY HIS WHOLE DRESS CODE SWITCH

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I own a Ralph Lauren Western Blazer that's "blazin".....

suede w/ fringe?

Stylin' but I will still ball you up.

• If you don't mind being found out as a complete pretender around real country folk, go for it, but then again, country folk like having a good time, so you'll get nothing more than an awkward glance at your boots.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    "western shirt"? please. that shit is called "cowboy shirt" and I wear them ALL THE TIME! Ever since I was a young boy I've loved the snaps, break away gear...

those come in cowboy too, at least here in AZ[/b]

Oh, OK. As do all shoes!

No man, I'm sayin that they have old man zip up the side cowboy boots here...a lot of them. PS..I keep typing cowbot and corecting myself

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If you don't mind being found out as a complete pretender around real country folk, go for it, but then again, country folk like having a good time, so you'll get nothing more than an awkward glance at your boots.

Who ISN'T a pretender?

real country folk here wear "ropers"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

This pic is great--exactly how I pictured the one BATMON.

Is that really you?! I pictured you more rounderer for some reason. (*PASUE?*)

And whoever mentioned Chingo Boots:

I'd blap.

I feel like I HAVE to own a pair of boots soon. Grandpa rocked 'em, so did my Dad at one point. It's in my blood.

I'm thinking ostrich.

avestrus dude , nothing less...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    avestrus dude , nothing less...

A lot of ostriches had to die, for me to look fly.

nobody said the game was cheap...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    nobody said the game was cheap...

especially not ostriches.

• avestrus dude , nothing less...

A lot of ostriches had to die, for me to look fly.

• "western shirt"? please. that shit is called "cowboy shirt" and I wear them ALL THE TIME! Ever since I was a young boy I've loved the snaps, break away gear...

in the south and in Texas we just call 'em pearl snaps, but I thought just saying that on the strut would get me a PASUE graemlin and folks not understandin'. R.I.F.

I havent called them "cowboy" shirts since I was 9

And whoever mentioned Dingo Boots: