Cowboy boots? YAY or NAY?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Seriously. Not the George Allen redneck shits. I do like the microwave pizza ostrich jawns, but I'm thinking something more urban. Yeah, I just said urban.

Comments

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    yay, but preferably the short old man joints that zip up the side

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    not unless you a realy country type of dude, or some hipster chick from williamsburg/silver lake

and 'designer cowboy boots', jesus dude. only chingo bling gets away with that.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Yeah. I have some of those (Cole Haan), but I wouldn't consider them cowboy at all.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

Yeah. I have some of those (Cole Haan), but I wouldn't consider them cowboy at all. [/quote

nothing wrong w/ cowboy boots I have two paris of Kenneth Cole cowboy boots....ladies compliment em all the time cant beat that

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts

Yeah. I have some of those (Cole Haan), but I wouldn't consider them cowboy at all.
    those come in cowboy too, at least here in AZ

those come in cowboy too, at least here in AZ[/b]

Oh, OK. As do all shoes!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    At this point, I don't know if I'd wear them myself, but on the other hand, women in cowboy boots...hey, ain't nothing finer. 'Specially when they wear them with the pants tucked inside. And it ain't just the hipster chicks named Megan wearing 'em either.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    get the most plastic looking ones you can, those are the good ones.

women in cowboy boots

Goes without saying.

If she's good looking, pretty much any shoe works. Especially if she's rocking some $400 magic butt jeans. Except those rubber gator things. With socks too. That ruins anything/everything.

girls in boots

I think all the females on Soul Strut go for the emo Chuck Taylor look.

My wife shut it down out the gates because the pair I was looking at were $350. So I'm sure if I went back and told her I got endorsement from SS, she'd be all about it.. LOL.

women in cowboy boots

Goes without saying.

If she's good looking, pretty much any shoe works. Especially if she's rocking some $400 magic butt jeans. Except those rubber gator things. With socks too. That ruins anything/everything.

When I visited England a couple of years ago, I was happy to see that every third woman walking through metro London was rocking the cowboy boots. In the middle of summer at that.

Thank God ladies started doing the cowboy boot thing again (like they did back in the '80s), 'cause UGG's were threatening to take over...

UGG's were threatening to take over...

oh god. how did i forget about those? terrible. just terrible.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Seriously. Not the George Allen redneck shits. I do like the microwave pizza ostrich jawns, but I'm thinking something more urban. Yeah, I just said urban.

Not for me, personally. I've been known to rock a pair of these, though.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Nay.

I think all the females on Soul Strut go for the emo Chuck Taylor look.

Think again!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Those heels are kind of extra for a dude--might go good with Marco's hair, though. He could top it off with a feather boa.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Those heels are kind of extra for a dude--might go good with Marco's hair, though. He could top it off with a feather boa.

Well, I'm on the short side, so I need all the help I can get.

• Seriously. Not the George Allen redneck shits. I do like the microwave pizza ostrich jawns, but I'm thinking something more urban. Yeah, I just said urban.

Actually, the heels aren't high enough for me, plus they're made of leather. Damn it's hard being a vegan pimp. But D*niel I certainly appreciate the good looking out. Next time I'm spending $250 on jeans, expect a call from me and a check in the mail for your usual 10% image consultation fee.

UGG's were threatening to take over...

oh god. how did i forget about those? terrible. just terrible.

theyre still around - im already starting to see college girls bust those out for the fall - but the cowboy-boot thing is givin em serious opposition

• Ive had a pair of these as long as I can remember, even when I was a little kid I always had a pair of dingos...I say yay, especially to these, I dont think they ever go out of style (but then again I dont know anything about fashion, just what I hate and I dont hate these)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm thinking something more urban. Yeah, I just said urban.

The urban cowboy boot:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ive always wanted a pair.
    One of my boys used to rock these in the hood. Pointy front and all. His fam was Southern so his swagger matched the look.

One day im gonna splurge on some snake skin joints w/ crazy designs but still conservative.

I already own a Cowboy hat.

Nice Jeans/Nice Boots/Maybe a "Western" shirt. Shit is timeless American. Ill add my homeboy touches.

• Maybe a "Western" shirt

I heart western shirts, whenever I am back in Fort Worth I hit this baller western wear store and brose the discount racks cause the really cool shirts usually go for a bill or more, so I gotta get the 50% off shit, but there is always a shirt or two I want.

I was walking by a local "urban" retailer recently and noticed they had a very cool pearl snap western shirt in the window, so I went in and I asked to try it on. The dude workin' was like "I dont know WHY we have these, this is some old shit, I mean NO ONE rocks this shit, this is some real throwback shit" I told him I would rather have this in my closet than one of each color of all polo shirts they were selling. He looked at me like I was insane. Unfortunately the shirt had an "urban" cut meaning it hung down to my knees and the shoulders hung down half way to my elbows...and Im 6'5" 265...shits gotta be GIGANTIC for it to fit like that on me...so it didnt come home with me. Shame also because it was a very cool blue/brown plaid and I need a shirt with a lot of blue in it as I am lacking one at the moment.

Ive always wanted a pair.
    One of my boys used to rock these in the hood. Pointy front and all. His fam was Southern so his swagger matched the look.

One day im gonna splurge on some snake skin joints w/ crazy designs but still conservative.

Back around 1994, a friend (a real Atlanta girl) told me that her ideal man was "Treach in a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots".

Realizing that I could never live up to this ideal, I immediately abandoned all thoughts of progressing beyond friendship.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Maybe a "Western" shirt

I heart western shirts, whenever I am back in Fort Worth I hit this baller western wear store and brose the discount racks cause the really cool shirts usually go for a bill or more, so I gotta get the 50% off shit, but there is always a shirt or two I want.

I was walking by a local "urban" retailer recently and noticed they had a very cool pearl snap western shirt in the window, so I went in and I asked to try it on. The dude workin' was like "I dont know WHY we have these, this is some old shit, I mean NO ONE rocks this shit, this is some real throwback shit" I told him I would rather have this in my closet than one of each color of all polo shirts they were selling. He looked at me like I was insane. Unfortunately the shirt had an "urban" cut meaning it hung down to my knees and the shoulders hung down half way to my elbows...and Im 6'5" 265...shits gotta be GIGANTIC for it to fit like that on me...so it didnt come home with me. Shame also because it was a very cool blue/brown plaid and I need a shirt with a lot of blue in it as I am lacking one at the moment.

The Western shirt is rocked by many hipsters out herr in NYC. The hood hasnt adopted the look.

I own a Ralph Lauren Western Blazer that "blazin".....

I own a Ralph Lauren Western Blazer that's "blazin".....

suede w/ fringe?

• Ive always wanted a pair.

Back around 1994, a friend (a real Atlanta girl) told me that her ideal man was "Treach in a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots".

Realizing that I could never live up to this ideal, I immediately abandoned all thoughts of progressing beyond friendship.

Only because you're more of a 'Gator boot type of dude, right?

• the OG urban cowboy, Dennis Weaver:

(cough)

(cough)

I am ashamed to admit I dont know that one...what year is it?

• "This premise of "a cowboy in the big city" was more or less adapted from the 1968 Don Siegel film Coogan's Bluff, starring Clint Eastwood. Herman Miller was responsible for the story of Coogan's Bluff and co-wrote the screenplay with Dean Riesner and Howard Rodman (indeed, Miller's work on Coogan's Bluff is credited with inspiring McCloud )."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCloud_(TV_series)

• "This premise of "a cowboy in the big city" was more or less adapted from the 1968 Don Siegel film Coogan's Bluff, starring Clint Eastwood. Herman Miller was responsible for the story of Coogan's Bluff and co-wrote the screenplay with Dean Riesner and Howard Rodman (indeed, Miller's work on Coogan's Bluff is credited with inspiring McCloud )."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCloud_(TV_series)

in the netflix queue it goes...I was a big McCloud an when I was a kid, I thought he was the coolest...well next to Evel Knievel and Ace Frehely.