SPORTS, STEROIDS, DISCUSS

2»

Comments

• Agreed. I'm vegan and I use fresh lime juice as a deodorant (don't laugh - it works).

Wow, keep it cut up in your bathroom or what? Never heard of that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Sween.......sign me up for a full pay per view season of the NFL on Crack League.

I just hope they have a camera in the huddle.

• Agreed. I'm vegan and I use fresh lime juice as a deodorant (don't laugh - it works).

When my girl was here a couple of months ago, she asked me for limes one morning. I asked why, and she said "for deodorant." I thought it was a little strange, but a week after she left, I ran out of my usual (all-natural) roll-on. I still had limes in the fridge so I gave it a shot. I cut one into sixths, squeezed the juice of one slice and put it under my arms. Lo and behold, by the end of the day I still smelled fine, and I've been using it ever since. The juice kills the odor-creating bacteria so you're good to go. Buy 3 limes for a buck, cut em up, put 'em in the fridge, and you're set for 18 days - not a bad deal.

http://www.otan.dni.us/webfarm/emailproject/hai.htm

• Options

Agreed. I'm vegan and I use fresh lime juice as a deodorant (don't laugh - it works).

When my girl was here a couple of months ago, she asked me for limes one morning. I asked why, and she said "for deodorant." I thought it was a little strange, but a week after she left, I ran out of my usual (all-natural) roll-on. I still had limes in the fridge so I gave it a shot. I cut one into sixths, squeezed the juice of one slice and put it under my arms. Lo and behold, by the end of the day I still smelled fine, and I've been using it ever since. The juice kills the odor-creating bacteria so you're good to go. Buy 3 limes for a buck, cut em up, put 'em in the fridge, and you're set for 18 days - not a bad deal.

Careful though. Lime juice can damage certain skin types if you're in the sun. Lot's of Irish folk that I know have gotten wierd burns from sipping Corona's outside and getting some lime juice on them and then having it react with sunlight after awhile. Granted, under the armpits doesn't come into contact with the sun too much for most of you, but if you're at the beach a lot it's something to think about.

I've also heard about lime juice as a natural deodorant, a hippie guy that I used to work with was all about it and it worked ok.

• Irish folk

sipping Corona's

• Options
    Irish folk

sipping Corona's

Yeah there's a lot wrong there, from "Irish" to "sipping" to "Corona's". But it is what it is. Just watch your tender young armpits at the beach ok smart guy?

• For once, let's give a fuck about the kids.

Make your kids follow an organic vegan diet?

Of course not, but how about not having government sponsored steriods & additives in the food??? For all the dough the Mitchell commission is wasting on the "probe" into steriod usage in Baseball, I'd rather them stop Doritios for using red dye #5

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is my argument. Steroids are for people that somehow couldn't manage to reach the top with just their own power, or feel the need to sustain their peak form for an abnormally long duration. I wouldn't know about the expectations and pressure facing the top athletes in the world, but I do know that it takes away from integrity of sports in general. The saddest part of this whole thing is, it's not just sports. This problem extends to every facet of our life. Sometimes, you don't need to be #1 to be a winner.

NOW WE KNOW! And knowing is half the battle...

Set up two identical NFL's, or NBA's, or MLB's, or NHL's, or PGA's, or UFC's, or bowling leagues. Allow members of one league to use any type of drug they would like whenever they want, from coffee to crack. Urine test the other league before each game. Which one do you think would draw a bigger audience?

Well, that's a really extreme argument wouldn't you say? And in no way is it feasible.

My question is, how long do these drugs stay in the system? Depending on how long say "the clear" stays in your system, the league might be able to do drug tests every 2 weeks or something. Fans wouldn't care.

McGuire and Sosa really fucked it up for the ones after. Don't get me wrong I was extremely entertained even as a non-baseball head, but come on. If you wanna see big bats smack the ball from here to Pluto, we might as well use Titanium bats for optimal distance.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    everyone talks about how it's fucked to be using roids in sports, yet no one has a Frickin' thing to say about the steroids put in EVERY SINGLE ITEM OF FOOD WE INGEST EVERY SINGLE DAY OF OUR LIVES. If it's fucked to put in your body to run faster, hit the ball longer, etc., it's fucked to put in the chicken/beef/swine I'll eat. And don't get me started on the aluminum they put in most deodorants. Connection to breast cancer in women??? i think so.

For once, let's give a fuck about the kids.

Ripley's wouldn't even believe this shit.

• And don't get me started on the aluminum they put in most deodorants. Connection to breast cancer in women??? i think so.

non-antiperspirant deodorants do not contain aluminum. read the ingredients.

• And don't get me started on the aluminum they put in most deodorants. Connection to breast cancer in women??? i think so.

plus I heard the whole aluminum-breast cancer link was BS. knowledge me.

(PS how do y'all brits pronounce aluminum "al-you-min-e-um"? isn't that an extra syllabel?)

plus I heard the whole aluminum-breast cancer link was BS. knowledge me.

(PS how do y'all brits pronounce aluminum "al-you-min-e-um"? isn't that an extra syllabel?)

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/antiperspirant.asp

I dunno about breast cancer, but I'm pretty sure it's been shown that there is a link between aluminum-containing antiperspirants and alzheimer's.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

I'm watching part 3 right now and I feel like I'm about to pass out and / or puke. Seriously feeling light headed...

That image of the glass full of bloodcrappusmucus stayed with me the entire day.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium

Present-day spelling

In the UK and other countries using British spelling, only aluminium is used. In the United States, the spelling aluminium is largely unknown, and the spelling aluminum predominates.[24][25] The Canadian Oxford Dictionary prefers aluminum, whereas the Australian Macquarie Dictionary prefers aluminium. The spelling in virtually all other languages is analogous to the -ium ending.

The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element in 1990, but three years later recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant. Hence their periodic table includes both, but places aluminium first.[26] IUPAC officially prefers the use of aluminium in its internal publications, although several IUPAC publications use the spelling aluminum.[27]

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Agreed. I'm vegan and I use fresh lime juice as a deodorant (don't laugh - it works).

My ex used to wash and/or condition her hair with mayonnaise.

And no, not MY mayonnaise, you sickos.

• I'm watching part 3 right now and I feel like I'm about to pass out and / or puke. Seriously feeling light headed...

That image of the glass full of bloodcrappusmucus stayed with me the entire day.

That Valentino dude in this clip has serious psychological problems and I think he should have seen a psychiatrist earlier in his "career"...who in the world wants to have arms like that? It's just like the man in the clip says, it's a form of reversed anorexia. Never knowing when it's big and muscled enough. These guys have a distorted selfreflection.