Iced Tea appreciation

fhillysubtle1fhillysubtle1 355 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
None of that fucking high fructose bullshit. I'm talking unsweetened iced tea. I brew it in the sun and then refrigerate it. good for when you're

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    At work I've been brewing some regular hot tea and then throwing that shit in ice. Peppermint and Green Sencha are fucking awesome.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I brew my own shit every few days. Shit's the bomb, yo.

• Never heard of green sencha, drop the knowledge for me.

To keep it RR, I listen to DJ rogers debut as I sip

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

You mean like 15 tea bags in a glass bowl in the window grandma style... then add the fresh lemon! My grandma supported me all through college drinking that stuff...

• Options

At work I've been brewing some regular hot tea and then throwing that shit in ice.

I do the same thing, using 2 PG Tips teabags for each glass.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

You mean like 15 tea bags in a glass bowl in the window grandma style... then add the fresh lemon! My grandma supported me all through college drinking that stuff...

Exactly but I use around 10 and just leave them shits in for along time, then break out a dash of honey (just a little bit) before it chills, then add the lemon. Shit's the bomb, yo.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    sorry ever since I lived Down South its Sweet Tea or almost nothing (green and the other herbals aside)... Tellin ya, you have some good Southern Sweet tea, shit is like crack.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    reminds me. what happened to micetea?

• I gently place two balls into the bowl and....wait

Exactly but I use around 10 and just leave them shits in for along time, then break out a dash of honey (just a little bit) before it chills, then add the lemon. Shit's the bomb, yo.

That tea is so good... sometimes it would be late and my grandma would try to get a batch in before the night fell, she called it moon tea as opposed to sun tea... it was weaker ofcourse... I guess how many tea bags you use depends on how much water your working with... one day grandma broke the glass bowl!

yeah and wheres Dj GreenTea? (going back on yall!)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    every couple of weeks or so I buy a few cannisters of tea leaves from the store. I prepare fresh iced tea in bags that I buy seperately for the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

Ain't nothing more refreshing on a hot ass day than some tea with a dash of raw sugar and squeeze of fresh lemon.

and when the spirit moves me hot chamomile tea with a whole lotta honey before bed

• highnoteshighnotes 66 Posts

• hell yes. i quit drinking pop. good unsweetened regular style iced tea or water. i drink coffee and o.j. like a fiend in the morning.

around here they try to floss some expensive ass iced black or green teas, although there is this spot that had this hibiscus tea that was pretty good.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo, tea is really bad to drink at work when you're the only one working at it gives you the shits. just thought i'd mention that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    around here they try to floss some expensive ass iced black or green teas, although there is this spot that had this hibiscus tea that was pretty good.

if there is an asian market in your town get thyself down there stat! More varieties of tea than you cold imagine and all of them are usually cheap as fuck

• around here they try to floss some expensive ass iced black or green teas, although there is this spot that had this hibiscus tea that was pretty good.

if there is an asian market in your town get thyself down there stat! More varieties of tea than you cold imagine and all of them are usually cheap as fuck

that is a real good idea. i go about once a month to pick up my regular dose of kim-chee, fresh udon, and cheap but good vegetables. will peep the tea selection next time i go

• has anyone had that tea that tastes like woodchips? its called like lapsang tschulong ro some weirdness

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Marshmallow root and fennugreek teas, worst teas EVAR!

Feel lucky to sip the tea dukes, I can't drink tea due to my kidneys

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

GreenTea is doing his thing... www.themfinest.com

I believe he just spun an afterparty for the much music video awards. (nostalk) I went to school with him...

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    FO REEAL! ICE TEA is the BOMB!!! I get heated when I'm on the road and I want some good Ice Tea cause ain;t no fast food spot got ish on point well maybe In & Out! I went to a del taco one time and they gave me the shit from last night ish was not clear it was like a brown with floaties in it.... NASTY and I was on the road and it was to late to return good thing I have a habit at looking at my drinks....

And another thing I got the best tea spot:

Open your mouth and I'll show you but it may choke you....

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    gotta roll with the sweet tea in VA. only way to go.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

At work I've been brewing some regular hot tea and then throwing that shit in ice.

I do the same thing, using 2 PG Tips teabags for each glass.

preach on with the PG tips...pyramid flow yo...

• Iced Green tea is where it's at...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Yo, I rock a lot of green tea.

I should get around to brewing my own shit. Anyone got any methods?

• Yo, I rock a lot of green tea.

I should get around to brewing my own shit. Anyone got any methods?

I hear hot water works...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I usually hate commercially available iced teas. They're generaly too sweet or artifcial tasting. HOWEVER.....

I'm feeling this.

• mooneymooney 48 Posts
    It is all about Bojangles Sweet Tea down here in NC. Its the hangover helper. Biscuit sandwiches & sweet tea go hand in hand. I heard all hell broke loose and they opened a Bojangles well beyond the Mason-Dixon in BK

• sleepsleep 54 Posts

even better wheres omar/yadig?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    sorry ever since I lived Down South its Sweet Tea or almost nothing (green and the other herbals aside)... Tellin ya, you have some good Southern Sweet tea, shit is like crack.
    holmes, you ain't lying. everytime i got to Zaxby's to get some grub, I gotsa to have me some sweet tea. that shit is the TRUF!!!