ARC roll call and Amsterdam night action

Comments

• oh yes it is.

Righto gentlemen, I just met with FejMelba.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

SATURDAY 17TH NOVEMBER[/b]

Then from 22:00 it is all vinyl all night in the newly renovated upstairs lounge at Boom Chicago on the Leidseplein in central Amsterdam.

Bring records.

Open decks for all strutters and i have just sorted the bartab.

Drinks on me fellas.

We are printing flyers and taking care of promoting the night.

It is a lounge bar, so this is a very relaxed affair, strutters, records, drinks, smoke and a crew of regulars down to hear good music.

Its on.

any questions, PM me.

Alan.

Can an Amsterdam Lurker get in on the action?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    jazeker

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    oh yes it is.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

If it is raining:

Dinner at FejMelbas place (central Amsterdam) he is a chef so it will be great.

If it is not raining:

Dinner on a boat that i will be driving on the Amsterdam canals.

Then:

There will be coffeeshop missions and, if there is time, NZshadows bar tour.

Then from 22:00 it is all vinyl all night in the newly renovated upstairs lounge at Boom Chicago on the Leidseplein in central Amsterdam.

Bring records.

Drinks on me fellas.

It is a lounge bar, so this is a very relaxed affair, strutters, records, drinks, smoke and a crew of regulars down to hear good music.

Its on.

any questions, PM me.

Alan.

OH WOWWWWWWWW!!!

dinner on a boat? are you kidding me??? that sounds awesome!!! let's play that song from the free orbit lp on MPS. "prizengracht i remember..."

chef cook jeff! yay!!!

drinks on you? at least, let everyone pay in records

i'm really excited. i'll try to bring some records. i can't DJ though. hope you don't mind.

and let's all bring records for FejMelba and nzshadow. not only for trading.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i can't DJ though. hope you don't mind.

Not at all man, Sat night is about a bunch of record nerds hanging out and playing music, not DJ skills.

• oh yes it is.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

If it is raining:

If it is not raining:

Then:

Bring records.

Drinks on me fellas.

Its on.

any questions, PM me.

Alan.

Top marks Al! A few things have come up my end that I'm trying to sort so I can still make it. I found out over the last few days that it clashes with an annual b-boy jam that I always go to. Fooking aaaaaaargh

• jazeker

Bedankt ouwe,

Hoop dat de Strutters genoeg Meiers overhouwe voor de temeiers!!

Ik heb het niet over Haring met Uitjes Gab!!

• oh yes it is.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

If it is raining:

If it is not raining:

Then:

Bring records.

Drinks on me fellas.

Its on.

any questions, PM me.

Alan.

I clicked on this thread just for kicks, now I want to sell my car and make the trip over. Sadly that would not even by me a cab ride to the airport. This sounds like a blast.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    shit.. I'll be in Amsterdam from November 10th - November 12th... have a good time everyone!

shit.. I'll be in Amsterdam from November 10th - November 12th... have a good time everyone!

ahhh shit, id show you around, but im on daiper duty that whole weekend.

next time.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    damn you guys have a great time and hope you all turn out with some ill finds!

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for next year, so hopefully it will happen.

• sold my cat and mum, so i'll be there saturday and sunday

place all the prestige and blue note joints in the dollar-bin for me, everybody else is into psych anyway!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

place all the prestige and blue note joints in the mysterious colored dot system with pounds to euro converting on the fly for me,

#388, we'll have that stuff !

bringin european 45s with/without pic.sleeve coffinjoe ?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    bringin european 45s with/without pic.sleeve coffinjoe ?

i wish
    american & jamaican mostly

my buddy will have the jazz & latin heat (he missed the spring show, so overstocked)

• Unfortunatley I'm not going to be able to make this, and as a "Eurostrut OG", makes it all the more worse....

hopefully el sparko will be able to take my place....

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I had to cancel my trip to this ARC/meet, cuz I'm burnt out.... but.... I will be there next time, and this one looks GREAT! hope it's a awesome time....

+ nzshadow, save some of your liver, cuz I will be there in a couple of weeks mate... check your gmail...

peace.

OK guys,

FejMelba and I will be at the convention all day, he will be buying records, i will be taking photos. then we will be heading back to Amsterdam,

The central meeting point is Boom Chicago which is situated on the Leidseplein, a big square in the city. (if you are scared of pronunciation: just say led zeppelin)

From central station get tram 1,2 or 5 right there (10 minutes). Its easy to spot, the building on the corner with the scaffolding on the front behind the ice skating rink.

Dinner is at around 19:00 at Fej's house so you will need to get to Boom Chicago before then so we can give you directions.

The boat is not happening as it is cold as hell.

If you want to come to dinner, call me. 02014794162 (and i have seen the menu, dude is a GREAT chef... believe me, YOU WANT TO COME TO DINNER)

Otherwise, turn up at Boom Chicago that night from 22:00 onwards, we will be in the upstairs lounge.

AND REMEMBER: If you bring records you get to play and the beer is on me.

its on.

aLAN.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

there will be party, i will party. non stop

prepare your liver.

details soon, i promise.

i have never tried that dutch hootch (some form of gin ??)

is it worth the risk ?

that stuff tastes TERRIBLE... yeah, kinda like gin mixed with death warmed over...

• Leidseplein, a big square in the city. (if you are scared of pronunciation: just say led zeppelin)

Ah man. I really really have to make it next time. I hope you all have a blast and post some sickening finds after the weekend

B to the UMP

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    OK guys,

FejMelba and I will be at the convention all day, he will be buying records, i will be taking photos. then we will be heading back to Amsterdam,

The central meeting point is Boom Chicago which is situated on the Leidseplein, a big square in the city. (if you are scared of pronunciation: just say led zeppelin)

From central station get tram 1,2 or 5 right there (10 minutes). Its easy to spot, the building on the corner with the scaffolding on the front behind the ice skating rink.

Dinner is at around 19:00 at Fej's house so you will need to get to Boom Chicago before then so we can give you directions.

The boat is not happening as it is cold as hell.

If you want to come to dinner, call me. 02014794162 (and i have seen the menu, dude is a GREAT chef... believe me, YOU WANT TO COME TO DINNER)

Otherwise, turn up at Boom Chicago that night from 22:00 onwards, we will be in the upstairs lounge.

AND REMEMBER: If you bring records you get to play and the beer is on me.

its on.

aLAN.

Fellas, after 2 trips to Amsterdam - do not pass this up... Al*n is that dude

motherfucking 4:23 am. we drank a lot og drunk.

oim drunk,

3 boittles of grand marnier. Grand ma love syou.

2 bottless of Macallen 18 year.

and heineken for days.

the fair was unrael, records man, dinnera; wicked, FejMelba is THAT DUDE.

records.

then we strtd drinking.

open decks, lots of alchlolol.

im drunk.

photos soon.

damn.

is this mak ingg sense?

drunk.

wow.

good morning headache.

Yesterday was a blast, sorry for posting the pictures in reverse order with no captions, i was slightly drunk...

the fair was great, i was completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of records and spent a great deal just taking it all in.

dinner was great, FejMelba can cook, we were treated to a Moroccan meal and i got to witness Germans tasting sauerkraut for the first time

We sat on the floor and chowed down like a gang of theives while listening to Gropes German xtian funkiness.

(sidenote: fejMelba is the only guy i know who owns a dyson but has no carpet)

then a bumpy tram ride to Boom Chicago and tomfoolery ensued.

i was a little rambunctious by the end of the 2nd bottle of Grandma, and we had a great group of drunken music lovers playing some absolutly killer shit.

i was geeking out and had a great night.

it was perfect to sit back with a whiskey in hand and watch a bunch of great guys get as excited about an old record as i do.

Big thanks to Jef for getting it all sorted, cooking, playing, and generally being a good guy.

Grope for the record: THANK YOU

And to my satanic christian serial killer raer hookup CoffinJoe: good to meet you sir.

righto, off to pick the kids up and its back to normality...

aLAN.

Like my partner in crime says, it was all that.
    Thanx to NZ, Coffin, Shuriken(woznit), Grope/fonkykittler and his LURKER (thanks for the wax bro)
    and FishMFunk to make it a eurostrut Xtravaganza. D-ROK and Taco (hop on the board son), de locals and every else for commin.

NZ thanks for the alcohol (my hands r still shakeN ), tha Boom joint, the fotoos
    and thanks for make it happen. No U the man.

Next time in Deutshland ???

• Boys, I'm still devastated after 2 days, records for days, great party and whatever. my pics be up my flickr tomorrow, I hope. now I'm a bit buried underneath all the work. The Eurostrut 2007 ish was maaaaad.

When will be the next time?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Great pics.....how about some names to go with the faces?

Great pics.....how about some names to go with the faces?

FishmongerFunk, i was drunk by the time you arrived man, next time ill be more lucid.

Shuriken, turned up late after a hell trip in freezing dutch cold but we sorted him out with whiskey and he played us funky music in return.

Yours truly. A bit worse for wear by this stage.

FejMelba killing it.

CoffinJoe and (non strutter) Victor getting down to business

Grope gets stupid on the decks, i didnt recognize one record in his crates, but i now want each and every one of them.

CoffinJoe with the satanic heat.

Crazy grey power diggers, elbows were in full effect, Dutch dealer Jan looks on with jaded eyes.

Douchebag of the day. 2 bucks a record and he was checking his price guide like a fiend hoping to get over on the lovely lady dealer (who kept rolling her eyes at me)

crazy Brazilian dealer who spoke no english but held me in deep conversation for 15 minutes and insisted i see his scrapbook. when the young guy with the 'fro turned up he had to translate. classic.

The future: DJ D-ROK, this kids skills brought a tear to my eye, and he has reocrds.
    with youngins like this, we are in safe hands. Respect.

Sander, the scheduled DJ that the bar manager forgot to cancel and Gropes partner in crime wose name i have forgotten, sorry dude, i was toast. Sander ended up drinking all night, swapping records and then getting paid, nice work if you can get it.

Two of the nicest guys you will ever meet, Bruce the ex Chicago towtruck driver and Funky J. keeping it realer than real.

Dealers extraodinaire Taco and CoffinJoe

Sammy. Service with one helluva smile.