May I note...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
that while I could easily do without Missy and Kim on it, "Let It Go" just may sport the most perfect lady r-n-b singing performance that I've heard in a looong while. So just off of your voice alone, Keyshia Cole...I love you.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    "I can't explain how many times I tried, how many times I cried"...I'm telling ya, PERFECTION.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    that while I could easily do without Missy and Kim on it, "Let It Go" just may sport the most perfect lady r-n-b singing performance that I've heard in a looong while. So just off of your voice alone, Keyshia Cole...I love you.

This record is hott, and I like both Li'l Kim and Missy on it--sounds like it could have come out ten years ago, and they just add to that vibe.

First time I heard it, I really did think it was some record I'd slept on in 1997.

Keyshia Coles[/b]

This record is hott, and I like both Li'l Kim and Missy on it--sounds like it could have come out ten years ago, and they just add to that vibe.

First time I heard it, I really did think it was some record I'd slept on in 1997.

It took me a minute to get past being annoyed by Missy in order to really hear Keyshia. Of course this gets played on the radio a million times a day down here, so I've had plenty of chance by now to RECOGNIZE THE REAL.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I concur.

I concur.

I secretly like it because hearing a record like this one the radio makes me feel like I'm twenty again.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

hot record indeed, and the ladies seem to like it. this is the most recent record to get requested shortly after i already played it!

Keyshia Coles[/b]

I don't think so.

For instance...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyshia_Cole

http://www.keyshiacole.com/

Now if we could just keep Puffy and Kanye away from her...

Keyshia Coles[/b]

I believe this has already been discussed, but real heads know that it's pronounced Keyshia Coles, regardless of whether her name actually has an "s" in it.

See: Bobby Womacks

• This has been getting crazy radio play in the Bay for months and months now. Love it.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    people hate on her because of her voice, especially on "love" and "last night," but i hate on those people because of their shitty opinions

Keyshia Coles[/b]

I believe this has already been discussed, but real heads know that it's pronounced Keyshia Coles, regardless of whether her name actually has an "s" in it.

See: Bobby Womacks

O-bee-kay-bee.

I concur.

I secretly like it because hearing a record like this one the radio makes me feel like I'm twenty again.

Hah! Yes - funny you say that, and I'm not sure if this is how you mean it exactly, but the first time I heard it I turned it up and thought "I must have missed this from a few yrs back when I was rejecting radio r&b"

My mind is much more open now.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Bobby Womacks

Oh shit--I heard a dude at the store say that just last night ("last night!"). Bobby was part of a roll call, along with Frankie Beverlies and Lurry Grahams (I believe the topic was "Real Singers, Godammit!"). Distinguished company, no doubt.

But, yeah, that throwback musk is strong. I heard the Kayshuh song in a cab the other day, and it felt like I was getting my heart broken in a slightly upscale mall, or perhaps just outside of one. The emotional landscape of shook ones who won't say "love" and so end up hollering shit like "But I want to be with you!" in the direction of some leaving taillights. So real. Great song.

Because it seems distantly relevant on a couple fronts: I do not know which aspect of Biggie's "One More Chance" video I find more strangely alluring: a) the gap in Missjones's front teeth or b) the short girl from Zhane curled up on a couch in a nylon tracksuit.

Bobby Womacks

Oh shit--I heard a dude at the store say that just last night ("last night!"). Bobby was part of a roll call, along with Frankie Beverlies and Lurry Grahams (I believe the topic was "Real Singers, Godammit!"). Distinguished company, no doubt.

I think I was recently privy to this exact conversation at my barbershop, which then progressed to a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

• I LUH ME SOME KEISHA COLES.

SHE'S FROM THE TOWN

Bobby Womacks

I think I was recently privy to this exact conversation at my barbershop, which then progressed to a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

they don't have to be good ones, right? cause there's To All The Girls I've Loved Before, Ebony and Ivory and The Girl is Mine...

Probably not what they meant, but there's countless reggae singer/deejay disco versions.

Edit - Big Jay McNeely and Little Sonny - "What A Fool"

• I think I was recently privy to this exact conversation at my barbershop, which then progressed to a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

"Yah Mo B There" - James Ingram and Michael McDonald.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

R.Kelly feat. his id.

• huh? this song is a snooze fest...although its enjoyable for about 3 seconds when missy jumps on and says "they gonna mix it with biggie it was all a dream'".

huh? this song is a snooze fest...although its enjoyable for about 3 seconds when missy jumps on and says "they gonna mix it with biggie it was all a dream'".

How you were able to properly identify what I consider to be the absolute worst part of the song as your favorite is uncanny.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    people hate on her because of her voice, especially on "love" and "last night," but i hate on those people because of their shitty opinions

Man, thats crazy... "Love" was the first time I was ever impressed by her voice

I liked "Let it Go" but it got played it for a me a while back... around when I started to notice that annoying keyboard part when Kim's rappping (sorry if I'm causing anyone to pay attn to this for the first time)

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Man, thats crazy... "Love" was the first time I was ever impressed by her voice

me too
    in fact i remember the first time i heard it on the radio and they didn't identify the song or artist (i hate that!). so i sang my own fucked up rendition to my voice notes on my cell phone so as i could remember how it went and took the lyrics to a google search that came up empty. fortunately, i posted on the board asking who is that girl that goes "LOOOO-O-OVE I DIN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS MISSSEEENG BUT I FOUND OU OUOUUOUOUUT" and i believe it was the one guzzo who clued me in.

so did anybody watch her BET reality show?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Bobby Womacks

around '85 or '86, spin magazine asked miles davis who hed been listening to...he rattled off a litany of then-current soul acts, including "George Dukes"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Bobby Womacks

Not counting duos like Sam & Dave?

As I sit here, the ones I can think of are a little on the obscure side (do you think anybody other than record collectors know that Hank Ballard and Little Willie John did a duet?). How 'bout that 45 that Isaac Hayes & David Porter did in 1972, "Ain't That Loving You For More Reasons Than One?" A minor hit at the time, never heard on dusties shows nowadays...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

Ted and Little Johnny Taylor: "Funky Ghetto" (plus an entire LP)

Larry Williams & Johnny Watson: "Two for the Price of One" (plus an entire LP)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I LUH ME SOME KEISHA COLES.

SHE'S FROM THE TOWN

She's got some nice "thingies" too!!! Boooooing-booooooing!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sam Cooke Lou Rawls
    James Brown Hank Ballard
    James Brown Bobby Byrd
    Elton John John Lennon

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sam Cooke Lou Rawls
    James Brown Hank Ballard
    James Brown Bobby Byrd
    Elton John John Lennon