May I note...

2»

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Marvin Gayes,

Where does one tune one's dial to hear this song on the radio in central Missouri? Certainly not in a taxi cab.

JRoots

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think I was recently privy to this exact conversation at my barbershop, which then progressed to a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

"Yah Mo B There" - James Ingram and Michael McDonald.

Okay, you clowns--I am printing this thread out to show to the old heads at my barbershop on Saturday.

So you dudes that keep coming with this ebony/ivory and salt/pepper (no "push it") foolishness can either edit your posts or live in infamy. It's nothin' to me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I think I was recently privy to this exact conversation at my barbershop, which then progressed to a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

Okay, you clowns--I am printing this thread out to show to the old heads at my barbershop on Saturday.

So you dudes that keep coming with this ebony/ivory and salt/pepper (no "push it") foolishness can either edit your posts or live in infamy. It's nothin' to me.

[i]YO YO YO, POPS! Check what these honky ass fools on the triple dub aka the inna'netz gots to say about The Original Man and how they music was co-opted and so-called "validated" by duetin' with The Devil! /I>

http://www.uucava.org/image/Music_Man/MusicMan2002ChaliceTheater/images/Barbershop_Quartet2.jpg" alt="" />
    I>Pardon, pardoooon, pardooooooooooon us! But we weeeee weeeeeeeee are the new owners of Rashied 'N 'Ems Soooooooooooooul Cutz![i]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

[i]YO YO YO, POPS! Check what these honky ass fools on the triple dub aka the inna'netz gots to say about The Original Man and how they music was co-opted and so-called "validated" by duetin' with The Devil! /I>

http://www.uucava.org/image/Music_Man/MusicMan2002ChaliceTheater/images/Barbershop_Quartet2.jpg" alt="" />
    I>Pardon, pardoooon, pardooooooooooon us! But we weeeee weeeeeeeee are the new owners of Rashied 'N 'Ems Soooooooooooooul Cutz![i]

You already know.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

Ted and Little Johnny Taylor: "Funky Ghetto" (plus an entire LP)

Ted & Little John actually did only a few tracks together on that album...the rest was fleshed out with solo cuts from their own previous LP's.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    a real stumper: name some duets between male solo vocalists.

Ted and Little Johnny Taylor: "Funky Ghetto" (plus an entire LP)

Ted & Little John actually did only a few tracks together on that album...the rest was fleshed out with solo cuts from their own previous LP's.

hahaha I swear to God that as I typed that, knowing I only
    have the 45 and not the entire album, I was wondering if
    maybe the whole album isn't duets. And I thought to myself
    "well, if it isn't, pickwick33 will correct me soon enough"

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

You were in a motherfucking barber shop in Two Thousand and Seven, Year Of Our Lord, Year Of Motherfucking "Same Girl", and this is considered "a real stumper"?! Quick:
    edit your post

When your boys get around to trios, please let me know. I would like to perhaps parlay my knowledge of LSG into a free shape-up.