The State of Hipster T-shirts

Comments

• Another clothing thread, and yet more evidence of the unerringly bad dress sense of the 'strut massive. However, I am consoled by the fact that most of the enthusiasts of the "fashions" on display either can't afford them, or are so socially inept that I never need worry about seeing them out in the real world amongst other humans.

dont be mad. everything mentioned here is also available in XS!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

Yo, what about the "yin and Yang" surfer t-shirts. I never owned one, but I think I need one.

those dont count in my book cuz they were riding the surfer tshirt wave of the mid 80s ala gotcha, hic, t&c. no, these shirts as far as i know were only made here in socal. there used to be a mickey mouse one where he's in the yuukata getup with a ice grill saying some shit like "ahh so ka" or something. that one was awesome too.

gotcha...i remember that one. you sure know your consumer history.

not really. with them surf hawaiian 80s type joints its like if you were asian and didnt rock one of thems, u were a disgrace to your culture.

I don't even know what I was wearing in the 90s. That's how much of a fashion statement I was making.

• Who cut your hair?

You sound like you're wearing a Saved By The Bell t-shirt.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Another clothing thread, and yet more evidence of the unerringly bad dress sense of the 'strut massive. However, I am consoled by the fact that most of the enthusiasts of the "fashions" on display either can't afford them, or are so socially inept that I never need worry about seeing them out in the real world amongst other humans.

Hipster revealed.

• i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

Yo, what about the "yin and Yang" surfer t-shirts. I never owned one, but I think I need one.

those dont count in my book cuz they were riding the surfer tshirt wave of the mid 80s ala gotcha, hic, t&c. no, these shirts as far as i know were only made here in socal. there used to be a mickey mouse one where he's in the yuukata getup with a ice grill saying some shit like "ahh so ka" or something. that one was awesome too.

not really. with them surf hawaiian 80s type joints its like if you were asian and didnt rock one of thems, u were a disgrace to your culture.

I don't even know what I was wearing in the 90s. That's how much of a fashion statement I was making.

are you sure youre japanese? my folks have albums upon albums of photos documenting my fashion life for the past 30 years.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Who cut your hair?

Who cut your hair?

Nope you're wrong. Harvey at the moment is wearing an oversized Black Tee with a gold framed photo of Z-ro on it. Is that close Harvey?

• There was some surf pants that were hot for like a minute... they were kinda baggy, made of cloth, usually black... I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.... I think they were like 40 bucks, which means they were too expensive for me to ever own a pair even though i totally wanted some.

a few years later I rocked fake cavaricci's. ouch.

i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

are you sure youre japanese? my folks have albums upon albums of photos documenting my fashion life for the past 30 years.

That is true. If I go back and look at those albums that shit is a riot. It pretty much looks like my gear was slapped together in 5 minutes at Ross.

• There was some surf pants that were hot for like a minute... they were kinda baggy, made of cloth, usually black... I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.... I think they were like 40 bucks, which means they were too expensive for me to ever own a pair even though i totally wanted some.

i was also a proud non owner of such shorts. i think they were called jams or something like that, no?

i was also a proud non owner of such shorts. i think they were called jams or something like that, no?

Jimmyz?

• Ron Jon Surf Shop
    T&C Surf (thrilla gorilla, joe cool, etc)
    Vision Street Wear
    Billabong
    Rip Curl
    Quicksilver
    Santa Cruz
    Gotcha
    Jimmy???Z
    OP (Ocean Pacific)
    Stussy (and there I have answered my previous question. Stussy pants were the must have pants of the cool kids.)

• Sex Wax

Maui & Sons

Rusty

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Life is a Beach
    Vaurnet

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Who cut your hair?

You sound like you're wearing a Saved By The Bell Cheech & Chong[/b] t-shirt.

Did y'all really miss that very obvious reference?

And countered it by bringing up Saved by the Bell???

• Life is a Beach
    Vaurnet

Yes!!

sigh... brings back memories....

• Who cut your hair?

"Who cut your hair?" ??2007 Faux_Rillz

• ur hair is frikin awesome!

• Who cut your hair?

id have to say, pointing out a reference you told is slightly more weak than missing the joke entirely.

Who cut your hair?

id have to say, pointing out a reference you told is slightly more weak than missing the joke entirely.

I still don't get the "joke".

• Anybody have a scan of the old Gotcha logo? I want to fuck with that.

• I remember all this shit like it was yesterday

• Who cut your hair?

I still don't get the "joke".

oh i see you were switching the whole game up with that serious reference to cheech and chong.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

• this was as close to a "surf shop" i had in clovis.

• I remember all this shit like it was yesterday

I did a ebay check on those a few weeks ago. Yeah, fuck you I woudn't mind gripping a few.