The State of Hipster T-shirts

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I haven't bought a single t-shirt in several years now. Most of my recent ones, my friends hooked it up.When is the Andy Warholization of the t-shirt game gonna end? Also, the all-over print hoodie has got to go. It doesn't take a fashion expert to realize that shit is not a timeless design, it is hideous.

Comments

• id rock the first two..but thats just me. I actually bought a the Patrick Ewing Lemar and Dauley tee just a few days ago but its too big for me. Anyone interested in a trade? And just say no to all over print hoodies!

Oh and Yuichi, I have a nice Jordan/Magic Johnson jacket you might like..that is if you wear anything besides Goodwill tees,ballin' shorts and basketball shoes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Oh and Yuichi, I have a nice Jordan/Magic Johnson jacket you might like..that is if you wear anything besides Goodwill tees,ballin' shorts and basketball shoes.

Hey! Please send white tees, basketball-relate apparel, and a nice jacket for the winter to:

Broke Basketball Scientist
    P.O. Box 2424
    Soft Ass, CA 20024

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    The T-shirt trade does not fall into the hipster category! Only vintage finds! (hipster revealed)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I dunno if this is a hipster tshirt, but I need this one in my life:

Okay good. This thread has reemerged.

Discuss this all-important lesson in sociology.

• I haven't bought a single t-shirt in several years now. Most of my recent ones, my friends hooked it up.

When is the Andy Warholization of the t-shirt game gonna end?

Also, the all-over print hoodie has got to go. It doesn't take a fashion expert to realize that shit is not a timeless design, it is hideous.

Maybe its because I'm old, but that shit looks HIDEOUS to me. yikes.

I wish I could design my own t-shirts. they would have argyle.

• i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I dunno if this is a hipster tshirt, but I need this one in my life:

I agree, or a Cobra Kai logo on a polo.

The top one is not that bad actually. But all these t-shirts are trying too hard to 1-Up on the next man. The L-R-G brand is wack as hell now.

• I dunno if this is a hipster tshirt, but I need this one in my life:

It depends. If you weren't born when karate kid came out then its hipster retro throw back trash. If you are 31 then its just rad and you (meaning me) should get one right away.

i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

Yo, what about the "yin and Yang" surfer t-shirts. I never owned one, but I think I need one.

• i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

Yo, what about the "yin and Yang" surfer t-shirts. I never owned one, but I think I need one.

those dont count in my book cuz they were riding the surfer tshirt wave of the mid 80s ala gotcha, hic, t&c. no, these shirts as far as i know were only made here in socal. there used to be a mickey mouse one where he's in the yuukata getup with a ice grill saying some shit like "ahh so ka" or something. that one was awesome too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    i really want some old vintage SJ tshirts. and by SJ i am talking about the LA SJ not no sanjo somesuch. yeah, like the old "monku monku monku" jawns or the "544 go shi shi" hotness. help me out on thems!

Town & Country?

Haven't thought about that design in years...

My main concern is, will Faux_Rillz (aka Big Papi) approve of these bold and seemingly tacky designs?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Just to clarify, a Hipster Tee shirt is something that you don't really like, but think it's ironic, correct?

Just to clarify, a Hipster Tee shirt is something that you don't really like, but think it's ironic, correct?

Hmm, I was thinking that the foremost requirement of a hipster t-shirt is for it to be 2 sizes too small.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Yuichi these are calling you:

• Just to clarify, a Hipster Tee shirt is something that is extra smedium, correct?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I am puzzled myself on the hipster shirt definition.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Collect $200 and see hipster olympics on previous thread.

I'm feeling a Suds McBrewski coming on...

those dont count in my book cuz they were riding the surfer tshirt wave of the mid 80s ala gotcha, hic, t&c. no, these shirts as far as i know were only made here in socal. there used to be a mickey mouse one where he's in the yuukata getup with a ice grill saying some shit like "ahh so ka" or something. that one was awesome too.

gotcha...i remember that one. you sure know your consumer history.

Town & Country?

Haven't thought about that design in years...

YES. I need to cop an OG on Ebay or some shit.

gotcha...i remember that one. you sure know your consumer history.

not really. with them surf hawaiian 80s type joints its like if you were asian and didnt rock one of thems, u were a disgrace to your culture.

• Another clothing thread, and yet more evidence of the unerringly bad dress sense of the 'strut massive. However, I am consoled by the fact that most of the enthusiasts of the "fashions" on display either can't afford them, or are so socially inept that I never need worry about seeing them out in the real world amongst other humans.

A hipster t-shirt is something that costs 30+ dollars in an effort to 1-up on the next man. If you are sponsored or get free samples, I am not hating at all.

• remember those BA shirts?

Another clothing thread, and yet more evidence of the unerringly bad fashion sense of the 'strut massive. However, I am consoled by the fact that most of the enthusiasts of the "fashions" on display either can't afford them, or are so socially inept that I never need worry about seeing them out in the real world amongst other humans.

Hey, stink...

Who cut your hair?