College Football Saturday

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I wouldn't be shocked if UCLA went undefeated in conference.....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ah, here's the cal I know and love. UCLA vs Oregon is gonna be huge. I think Cal will beat ASU, then lose to another unranked team. Pity the spartans couldn't pull it out.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Oregon over USC by 20. Autzen is impossible. The real game is gonna by ASU v Ducks. If they win out they deserve to go to the championship game. I won $5 from my neighbor. When the score was 17-14 I bet him we'd win by more than 17. Dixon gets another yard and we would have had three with more than 100 on the ground (Stewart 251, Crenshaw 115, Dixon 99) sick, sick, Frickin' sick. Sorry to hear about Cal. Jackson is probably the most dominant player at his position right now. UCLA is hard to figure out. I think mostly they suck.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    gonna need to play better tobeat a&m on the road.....

• THE FIGHTING MANGINOS!!

i have recently heard 2 unlikely, though entertaining, rumors about coach mangino.

1. when the refs go to greet the coaches before the games in the teams' respective locker rooms, mangino receives them in the nude.
    2. he is too fat to wipe his own ass.

rock chalk

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    this past saturday was a sad day for me in many ways...
    my grandfather was a die hard ND fan & we burried him saturday as SC crushed our pathetic team as i knew they would this year w/o a doubt but it made the day that much worse for the fam...

RIP gramps

The school I went to 5th-7th grade in New Orleans was modeled after Notre Dame. I played cornet in the marching band and we used to play the ND fight song continuously.

Here's one for your grandfather...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Oregon over USC by 20. Autzen is impossible.

Seven will do just fine. Looked a bit scary towards the end, it felt like a classic
    Oregon last minute give away.
    Next week is HUGE, ASU at home.
    Can't decide if I should root for the Sun Devils or the Bears tonight.
    A Bears win moves us up in the polls, but a Sun Devils win sets up the bigger showdown next week.
    Hmmmmmm......

GO BEARS!

(that bitch Dennis Erickson was the clincher!)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Recognize batches.

The Ducks dominated that game. Then tried to pull the old prevent to win BS that always seems to lead to disaster. With 7 go to I was thinking 21 points look prescient. Oh well I'll take a W against a renaked opponent any day. Does anyone really that OSU or BC is better than this Duck team right now? USC is the #3 ranked D in the country and Dixon and Co sliced and diced their asses.

• Oregon is good. I'm a fan of Dixon.

I salute the Ducks. I'd be happy to see them rep the Pac 10 in the BCS and hahahaha - fuck the Trojans.

Looks like Cal could lose another (surprise, surprise) but how crazy is our conf?

ASU has sole control of the Rose Bowl right now. UCLA still has a fighting chance (though losing to Wash St = not a good look).

BTW: great night for Oregon with the local boy Ellsbury killing shit for the Sox.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Damn ASU looks legit or Cal is just totally spent after the last few weeks.

Damn ASU looks legit or Cal is just totally spent after the last few weeks.

That's being rather generous to Cal. Provided, they could have won against Oregon St. but losing to UCLA AND ASU? Cal fans already smelling the roses are probably depressed as hell right now.

• thropethrope 750 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm not sure if KU is really good or the Big 12 is really bad.

But 9-0 is 9-0

I'm curious....Is "Rock, Chalk Jayhawk" a football thang too??

• today was a good day.

Recognize batches.

It's on and poppin'!
    Another ranked opponent bites the dust!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I hope Dennis' knee is alright. Ducks looked great even with all the brain farts. I would love to see them up against LSU. Does anybody else think that Ohio St. is legit? Their conference sucks weiners.

• I would love to see them up against LSU.

I too am hoping for Ducks v. Tigers in the Superdome for the MNC.

Say what you want about LSU, but their games have to be entertaining as fuck for outsiders. They give me near heart attacks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Donning his cape 2 weeks in a row...

I would love to see them up against LSU.

I too am hoping for Ducks v. Tigers in the Superdome for the MNC.

Say what you want about LSU, but their games have to be entertaining as fuck for outsiders. They give me near heart attacks.

They have been winning with some spectacular finishes that's for sure.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I hope Dennis' knee is alright. Ducks looked great even with all the brain farts. I would love to see them up against LSU.

If Jaison Williams doesn't drop half the perfect passes that touch his hands, the Ducks would have embarrassed ASU. As is, they won fairly handily. I hate Dennis Erickson, and love the Ducks, so this was a lovely victory. With Arizona, UCLA, and then the Beavs, we should win out. Of course, we could lose at the Rose Bowl to UCLA, or at home to the Beavs. Neither loss would be out of character for the college team that loves to lift my expectations and break my heart. But I don't think it'll happen.

It looks like Dixon's knee is checking out ok.

Did anyone else watch the Notre Dame-Navy game yesterday? It was awesome to see the Navy guys beat Notre Dame, even though ND sucks this year. What is Charlie Weis thinking with the game tied, 4th and 8, under a minute to play, within field goal range, and going for it? Is he thinking, "If I were a black coach, they'd fire me for this?"

Too bad about the Alabama collapse, Oregon would be number 2.

Like you, I hope they wind up against LSU for the title (though I fear the Ducks could get whupped).

We'll find out if Ohio State is for real in the next two weeks: Illinois and then at Michigan.

Go Ducks,
    JRoot

• I'm not sure if KU is really good or the Big 12 is really bad.

But 9-0 is 9-0

i think both

I'm curious....Is "Rock, Chalk Jayhawk" a football thang too??

it's a basketball thang. at the football games, fans "wave the wheat" after scores.

• Too bad about the Alabama collapse

No it ain't!!!

There is going to be a lot of sentiment that Oregon is the best one-loss team in the country. I can't deny they've looked great. I wonder how they'd have done in their last four if it was: Florida, Kentucky, Auburn and Bama? Not hating...that's my only argument. That's why I'm rooting Big Blue in a few weeks so the country can get the title game it derserves: LSU v. Oregon. In the Superdome. In Louisiana.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I'd love to see LSU-Oregon in the title game, too, but I'd more love to see Oregon-ANYBODY ELSE in the title game. This means I want all parties with higher BCS rankings to lose. BC complied very nicely, and I'd like to see Ohio State do the same thing. But if Ohio State doesn't do it, LSU's got to or else we ain't gettin' past 'em. It's nothing personal. I'm sure if LSU were in the three hole, you would wish the same thing.

Go Ducks,
    JRoot

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    LSU will be able to compete with the Ducks but it's gonna be tough. If you watch the LBs playing against Dixon, it's crazy. Those dudes are frozen like statues on Easter Island. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. I haven't seen anyone touch Dixon in the backfield for a long time because they rarely feel comfortable attacking with all the misdirection from the option. Add Stewart, who rarely gets brought down, (dude gets out of bounds so often), into the mix and you have an unstoppable force. Oregon's weakness is the big play of D. If they play good D and cause turnovers, they are pretty much unbeatable right now.

This is pretty typical of what happens against the Ducks right now.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Of course, I have now jinxed the Ducks with all my shit talk.

Man, I was rooting for the Ducks tonight but sheeyit, their season has flamed out terribly.

And on that note: Cal is losing to Stanford at halftime. *sigh*

MIZZOU AND WV GO DOWN. SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW.