College Football Saturday

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Cal is the best team in the Pac 10....but they have issues.

I know I am biased but Oregon has a much more complete squad than Cal. If not for two stupid passes and a very bizarre fumble at the end, I think the Ducks would have won that game. Don't get me wrong Cal is a very good team. If USC beats Cal and Oregon beats USC this could get very interesting.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I know I am biased but Oregon has a much more complete squad than Cal. If not for two stupid passes and a very bizarre fumble at the end, I think the Ducks would have won that game. Don't get me wrong Cal is a very good team. If USC beats Cal and Oregon beats USC this could get very interesting.

I'm not arguing your point except to say that, if not for 2-3 stupid passes (or that missed conversion), USC would have won yesterday and no one would be calling last afternoon's game "the biggest upset of the year, maybe in all college football history."

I mean, turnovers are part of the game. No matter how well-executed teams manage to be in any other way, throwing interceptions or fumbling the ball = not acts of God. It's football.

If USC beats Cal and Oregon beats USC...we get the Rose Bowl I can live with that.

I don't care if Cal beats USC or not. I want to see the Bears go to the Rose Bowl for once in my Frickin' lifetime. They could even lose there and it'd still be worth it.

USC fans showed their true colors btw:

"Booty and the rest of the Trojans experienced another first at home as they were booed as they ran off the field in the first half with a 9-0 lead as 41-point favorites."

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I'm not arguing your point except to say that, if not for 2-3 stupid passes (or that missed conversion), USC would have won yesterday and no one would be calling last afternoon's game "the biggest upset of the year, maybe in all college football history."

I mean, turnovers are part of the game. No matter how well-executed teams manage to be in any other way, throwing interceptions or fumbling the ball = not acts of God. It's football.

If USC beats Cal and Oregon beats USC...we get the Rose Bowl I can live with that.

I don't care if Cal beats USC or not. I want to see the Bears go to the Rose Bowl for once in my Frickin' lifetime. They could even lose there and it'd still be worth it.

I suppose I should say that I thought both teams were fairly evenly matched with Oregon being the better team overall.

That might be true. But they still lost.

I don't think anyone in the country thinks Stanford has a better team than USC.

But any given Saturday...

Such is the beauty of sport.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Tebow is dude.

He's young.

This avatar hurts.

If USC beats Cal and Oregon beats USC this could get very interesting.

I wouldn't be shocked if UCLA went undefeated in conference.....The Pac 10 is going to be fun to watch this year.

I wouldn't be shocked if UCLA went undefeated in conference.....The Pac 10 is going to be fun to watch this year.

Uh, did you miss yesterday's score? NOt a conference game but losing - handily - to an 0-5 team = NAGL.

Uh, did you miss yesterday's score? NOt a conference game but losing - handily - to an 0-5 team = NAGL.

Yes...but UCLA under Dorell has always done well in conference.

This may sound silly.. but they're not a bad team....They just have a terrible coach and dumb offense.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    USC fans showed their true colors btw:

"Booty and the rest of the Trojans experienced another first at home as they were booed as they ran off the field in the first half with a 9-0 lead as 41-point favorites."

Aside from Philly fans, So-Cal sports fan are tough to please.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

UCLA = Terrible, they'll be lucky to go .500 in conference play.

Cal = Very good, but I agree with Dr.Wu, but for that stupid ass fumble, Oregon scores a tying TD and wins that game in OT. But there was that stupid ass fumble.

Oregon = second best team in Pac 10 this year, but they could lose to USC later this month.

Arizona State = Dangerous. Seems like they should suck, but Dennis Erickson has made worse teams good (see, e.g., Oregon State)

Washington = the team in conference most likely to beat the Ducks when they shouldn't. I think we have to go to Seattle this year.

Tim Tebow = Tim Teabag. I hate that guy.

LSU coach = huge brass ones. huge.

UCLA = Terrible, they'll be lucky to go .500 in conference play.

Cal = Very good, but I agree with Dr.Wu, but for that stupid ass fumble, Oregon scores a tying TD and wins that game in OT. But there was that stupid ass fumble.

And a few other turnovers in the game too.

I'm not denying that Oregon has a good team but it was more than a stupid ass fumble (which I prefer to call "an inspired defensive play") that cost Oregon the game. Cal wasn't exactly magical either; if they had lost, it would have been deservedly so but hey, that's how the cookie crumbles.

In comparison, even if I think they're overrated, the Trojans had no business, whatsoever, losing to Stanford. I still can't buy all this "the greatest upset in college football history" hyperbole though...maybe if USC had been crushing every opponent this season but after the Washington game, they looked really mortal.

• damn. there goes all hope for a national title for SC. didn`t even bother to watch them. Upsets continue.

LSU`s running game is pretty sick.

So much for your precious Trojans. Bandwagon that!

Seriously, let's please talk about this for a minute.

USC lost. In the Coliseum. To a team that's having one of the worst seasons ever (so far).

Sweet Jesus that's awesome. I don't even care that Cal advances because of this. It's just nice to see the USC hype get deflated. I can't say they've been faking ass poseurs the whole season (though last week was NAGL) but all this talk finally gets dumped where it belongs.

Just in general too - how wide open is this nat'l championship this year? Shit is crazy!

Come on man. Let`s be serious. Their more than adequate play in the last decade has warranted that top ranking. Anything can happen in sports. Just as Cal, a no-name is making a name for themselves this year.

^^^^ damn yuichi you really, really, really know nothing about college football. this doesn't even make sense. ^^^^

damn. there goes all hope for a national title for SC. didn`t even bother to watch them. Upsets continue.

LSU`s running game is pretty sick.

So much for your precious Trojans. Bandwagon that!

Seriously, let's please talk about this for a minute.

USC lost. In the Coliseum. To a team that's having one of the worst seasons ever (so far).

Sweet Jesus that's awesome. I don't even care that Cal advances because of this. It's just nice to see the USC hype get deflated. I can't say they've been faking ass poseurs the whole season (though last week was NAGL) but all this talk finally gets dumped where it belongs.

Just in general too - how wide open is this nat'l championship this year? Shit is crazy!

Come on man. Let`s be serious. Their more than adequate play in the last decade has warranted that top ranking. Anything can happen in sports. Just as Cal, a no-name is making a name for themselves this year.

^^^^ damn yuichi you really, really, really know nothing about college football. this doesn't even make sense. ^^^^ [/quote

Just don't let Yuichi make any investment decisions for you since apparently, past performance DOES indicate future potential.

• What's happening with LSU? Unless Cal chokes, it looks like we'll be getting that

• Unless Cal chokes

DONT THINK IT CANT HAPPEN.

• OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF OMG WTF

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This LSU v. UK game is Frickin'

• Riley West Coasting it for a beautiful drive; didn't miss a pass.

RILEY VINDICATED? Too early to say.....

• This LSU v. UK game is Frickin'

GAME. OVER.

GAME. OVER.

Ed Powers: VINDICATED

• UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE SEASON RAAAAT NOW.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Not being a smart ass but did y'all actually believe
    that Kentucky weren't capable of knocking off LSU?
    Remember what conference they play in...

No, I thought they were completely capable. It was just an awesome game.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

No, I thought they were completely capable. It was just an awesome game.

Yo - I can only keep up with scores on the interweb but why the fuck is Cal 7-7 with Oregon St. right now?

DO THEY NOT REALIZE THEY ARE SITTING ON #1?

HOw's the backup QB doing?

• Yo - I can only keep up with scores on the interweb but why the fuck is Cal 7-7 with Oregon St. right now?

DO THEY NOT REALIZE THEY ARE SITTING ON #1?

HOw's the backup QB doing?

the drive to tie it was nice. he had me scared with the first possession though. dude better Frickin' hold it together. Longshore is suited up BTW; he's just sidelined. he may man up if we get into trouble. the LSU loss may provide us the mental focus we need, or else merely present us with another typiCAL blown chance at glory. yes skeptical doggie; I am a Cal fan after all.

yes skeptical doggie; I am a Cal fan after all.

It would be "so Cal" for us to lose to Oregon St. on the brink of potentially claiming #1. That said, I have a feeling that even if we do win, Ohio St. might jump us.

• yes skeptical doggie; I am a Cal fan after all.

It would be "so Cal" for us to lose to Oregon St. on the brink of potentially claiming #1. That said, I have a feeling that even if we do win, Ohio St. might jump us.

we have just taken the lead.