Disaster movie question.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Sean Price - Boom Bye Yeah

What movie is this scene from,where the old lady pees herself as she watches the buildings coming down around her?It's at the 1:55 minute mark.

Comments

• Think it's called "Earthquake" made in 1974 starring Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, Genevieve Bujold and Richard Roundtree. It was also the debuit of Sensurround, a technology guarranteed to let the viewer "feel" the tremors. Didn't work so great.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure most of those shots are from the 1974 epic Earthquake.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Thanks i haven't seen this movie,i need to check it out it looks entertaining.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Yes, it "looks" entertaining. Actually it's a pretty good example of the 70's disaster genre, with an all star cast chewing mightily on the scenery, you should definitely watch it at least once. As an aside, the wfmu blog has a great clip compilation from Zero Hour showing how they inspired the writers of Airplane!, most recommended for fans of disaster flicks and/or Airplane:

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/09/out-of-context-.html