LL VS Jay

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
saw the youtube clip of LL talking greasy about jay-z, "you should have been promotin, when you was saying that verse".this would have been exciting if it was LL in the early 90's- but right now? i think he better get some good ghostwriters (50).

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    saw the youtube clip of LL talking greasy about jay-z, "you should have been promotin, when you was saying that verse".

this would have been exciting if it was LL in the early 90's- but right now? i think he better get some good ghostwriters (50).

I side w/ LL. And Jay-Z aint too far from a "Lost Mojo" rapper.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    true,jay-z has lost more than a step, but LL hasn't battled since the 90s.

• I was watching the wire and they where playing "headsprung" and I totally remember not understanding this line:

"if your broad is thirsty/I'll have her man reimburse me"????

?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    touch it why don't cha, touch it why don't cha, TOUCH IT WHY DON'T CHA! yeah i know it's a kevie kev line but still....blue magic is like citizen cain compared to the last single L put out.

touch it why don't cha, touch it why don't cha, TOUCH IT WHY DON'T CHA! yeah i know it's a kevie kev line but still....blue magic is like citizen cain compared to the last single L put out.

St silliness and so misinformed from a historical perspective.

That's like the Chris Webber dunk on Charles Barkley.

LL's classics will have the same longevity as ant Jay song.

You probably dont even remember when LL really doin it. BEFORE MTV.

Besides this isnt about whose art is better its a disgruntled employee mad at the neglectful boss.

and I bet youll be sayin the same shit about Jay in 5 years. st8 silliness.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i'm not talking about thier catalouges, any real rapp head knows that L has classics for days. i am talking about where they are NOW in thier careers and how that will translate when this beef jumps to records.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Besides this isnt about whose art is better its a disgruntled employee mad at the neglectful boss.

Your posts over the course of the past week have outed you as a Jay-hatteur.

• We are currently discussing whether or not Jay should (really) retire; it is pretty much decided fact that LL should have retired 10 years ago.

No contest.

If you're an employee mad at your boss, you should take a meeting not write a rap. This kind of goofy shit is why rap music is mostly irrelevant

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

he should just post his standard Starbucks jpg & get it over with...

If you're an employee mad at your boss, you should take a meeting not write a rap.

The corporate game done changed since you left, son.

In '07 it's all about hitting your boss with a vicious diss and some fierce rap hands.

Nah, im just not a "Jay can do no wrong - I hope he makes Blueprint 5 - dickrider".

Knowing when to let go.

Nah, im just not a "Jay can do no wrong - I hope he makes Blueprint 5 - dickrider".

Knowing when to let go.

There is a middle ground...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Knowing when to let go vs LL is still GOAT

Where does that come from? LL & J can both continue to record but I know when to not look for them to lead the league in scoring.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Where does that come from? LL & J can both continue to record but I know when to not look for them to lead the league in scoring.

just makin a joke. as far as LL & J recording they can continue to release lukewarmness as far as i care, i'm just speculating on the inevitable diss records that are gonna come, because LL is definatly gonna take it there with jay since thier beef goes back so many years.

just makin a joke. as far as LL & J recording they can continue to release lukewarmness as far as i care, i'm just speculating on the inevitable diss records that are gonna come, because LL is definatly gonna take it there with jay since thier beef goes back so many years.

Id like to know why Ll doesnt just leave that stable. I know he'd probably not have the same "props" if he joined another label, but he obviously not getting the proper minutes he feels he deserves. Go sign w/ another team.
    Lets say he goes full on dissin DJam & Jay. Jay aint gonna promote that shit properly ala West vs 50 on some ole WWF shit.

• I pulled out the blueprint yesterday and listened to the takeover for the first time in a minute. COLDBLOODED. Jay will seve L.L., but that's not saying much.

Id like to know why Ll doesnt just leave that stable.

He abviously doesn't want to walk away from the money.

I'm sure Def Jam would love it if they actually could void his contract--I always took re-upping LL as an act of sabotage by Lyor on his way out the door.

I pulled out the Mama Said Knock You Out yesterday and listened to the takeover for the first time in a minute. COLDBLOODED. LL will serve Jay-Z., but that's not saying much.

• THIS KID IS DEF:

• I pulled out the Mama Said Knock You Out yesterday and listened to the takeover for the first time in a minute. COLDBLOODED. LL will serve Jay-Z., but that's not saying much.

Haha the only thing LL is serving is a tennis ball at this point. Mama Said Knock You Out was 17 YEARS AGO[/b].

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I pulled out the Mama Said Knock You Out yesterday and listened to the takeover for the first time in a minute. COLDBLOODED. LL will serve Jay-Z., but that's not saying much.

Haha the only thing LL is serving is a tennis ball at this point. Mama Said Knock You Out was 17 YEARS AGO[/b].

But isn't "17 years ago" the new "just last year"?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

But isn't "17 years ago" the new "just last year"?

Particularly with 40 being the new 30. Hip-hop time exists independent of regular time.

• PLEASE BE SERIOUS.

• I totally remember not understanding this line:

"if your broad is thirsty/I'll have her man reimburse me"????

Translation:

If your woman wants to blow me I'll oblige then have her boyfriend pay me for busting in her gills.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    saw the youtube clip of LL talking greasy about jay-z, "you should have been promotin, when you was saying that verse".

anybody got a link to this clip?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Mohandas Dewese called. He said he could rip both these fools.