MICROMOOG

BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Who owns one?
Year of release = 1978Polyphony = MonophonicSound generation method = analog, 1 VCO - with sub-octave doublingWeight = 20lbMeasures = 24" x 15" x 15??"Other features = noise generator, sample and hold

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    what is an average price for micro moog in the US?
    anybody know?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    according to Vintage Synth Explorer , about $300-$500 , but i think maybe a little more.. also they don't show up too often.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/

(this is a great site for lots of info on many keyboards)

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    thank you for the knowledge
    a dude is selling one on craigslist for 700. if i can talk him into droping to 500, ill scoop it. thanks for the web site too. Definetly bookmarking this.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    thank you for the knowledge
    a dude is selling one on craigslist for 700. if i can talk him into droping to 500, ill scoop it. thanks for the web site too. Definetly bookmarking this.

$500 would be a very good price if in good condition though

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    im ready for that $8 alalog synth found at a thrift.

waiting on dude's reply on craigslist

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

dude rang my phone right as i posted this

weird

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    im ready for that $8 alalog synth found at a thrift.

The state of the thrifts is in resistance to such come upness.

• The little phatty sounds amazing (as do all moogs) but I found it a little frustrating having menus for osc/filters etc. It's dying to just be tweaked in real time and the simple menus seemed to hurt that a bit. Still, for the money it's awesome and will definatley make a difference to your sound.

Dammit, according to the old minimoog adverts posted it was coming down in price!

• I picked up the little phatty stage in July of this year. Solid synth for the money. I paid roughly 1600.00 canadian. Worth every penny. Very intuitive set-up,but would be nicer with an arpeggiator. Buying a Moog is making an investment. I would be careful with older synths,there are plenty of articles out now talking about the shelf life of the vintage electronics. It would suck to buy that vintage synth you've always wanted only to have it crap out on you. Analog is the sound you want, but the digital synths of today are a little bit more reliable for staying in tune and not requiring a half hour to warm up, etc. I would recommend the Korg MicroKorg. Great,small synth and powerful. No Moog filter, but hey, for half the money....

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Get a Little Phatty, Cannon

mmmmmhm. yes.

I've been setting aside money just for the moog lil fatty, though.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I would recommend the Korg MicroKorg.

maybe if you can get one for like..$50 or something. dont get me wrong microkorgs are fun, but they feel like toys.

get that micromoog dude. you will not be disappointed. those things are beyond fun.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Prophet 08 is out now...

BTW.. this is a great site for analog junkies. Lots of boutique gear for signal path nerds.
    http://analoghaven.com/

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I would recommend the Korg MicroKorg.

maybe if you can get one for like..$50 or something. dont get me wrong microkorgs are fun, but they feel like toys.

get that micromoog dude. you will not be disappointed. those things are beyond fun.

a friend has one, i like the vocoder but the rest does feel very toyish. im meeting with the moog dude tomorrow.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    the wersi bass is not really cool. very limited in what it does and it doesnt sound taht good. if u got a micromoog, theres no reason at all to own a wersibass.
    its rare even in germany, but not expensive. you should be able to get one in germany for around 50-100$.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I hear you. Of course it's nothing compared to the Micromoog but it's a CHEAP bass synth though, plug it into an amp, with a light fuzz... yummy!!

• One of the first bands I was ever in, the keyboard player had a similar Roland synth (roughly the same size/specs). It did wonders for out teenage prog-rock pretentions....

• Winner of the First Annual Air Moog Competition.

• ShahShah 35 Posts
    Not to gloat, but to gloat ... I got a really nice package deal on a Memorymoog and a Micromoog yesterday for $1600.

• wow man

those memorymoogs go for ALOT of cash on ebay if they are in good state!
    They are damn sexy too. The -ness depends on the build though.
    Also the machine is very prone to detuning. There is a company in Germany offering a midi retrofit with a few great other additions. Appearently it also fixes the tuning problem..

Lintronics

on second thought, je**s titty fu**ing chr**t GIMME DAT THING

I was playing with the idea of getting that DSI Prophet 08...time and reviews will tell if it lives up to the hype..

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Check this site: http://www.bluesynths.com/

There is an indepth review with many sound examples. For a 1-osc synth this thing is a real beast with sub-osc and much more. I also want to buy one, but I couldn't find one for a good price.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I GOT IT!!
    $500 really nice guy sold it.
    this thing is amazing

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I GOT IT!!
    $500 really nice guy sold it.
    this thing is amazing

Congrats dude. I want to hear it someday.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    it will definetly be traveling with me upon my return

• ShahShah 35 Posts
    Hey I have thought about selling the Memorymoog, until I turn it on and stack all the osc.

Haven't played with the Prophet 8, but it sounds tight and has full midi implementation.

I am waiting on the rack or table top version.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    this thread has been pirated.
    here is my first moog track recorded on a 4track.
    2 mics 2nd take
    mpc(drums) moog ukelele

enjoy

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Symin, you need to practice a bit BUT YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL, man!!!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Symin, you need to practice a bit BUT YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL, man!!!
    haha, we were just messing around having fun. the intro was planned but the rest was just millie vannilli