Is there any good covers of Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
just wondering?

Comments

• just wondering?

I would like to know this as well. I have been attempting to gather every cover of the entire "Ballet For A Girl In Buchanon", but have only come across two.

• what do YOU think this song is talking about? i actually was going to poast this question on SS a few weeks ago... then i just didn't care anymore

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This is probably the only Chicago song I can get down with. I definitely can relate to the lyrics. I have Insomnia, and also this is the exact way I feel while writing or working on lyrics for a song. "searching for something to say"

As far as the 25 or 6 to 4.. for me that means around 3:35 am.

- spidey

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    yea I was thinking it was about space travel...insomnia could be a part of it. I can't believe nobody covered this song. Though the og is great. saying.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This one's pretty good, man.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yk-KsUuftok

- spidey

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I was kinda hopin there was a dusty funky version of this song out there. life goes on....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    CTA-era Chicago SHREDZ.

• I do have one nice cover at home which I will have to dig up because I can't remember the name. Its on a private press rock record out of New Jersey. Basically a Holiday Inn band doing Chicago, Steppenwolf etc. From the early 70's. The signing is slightly off-key but their guitarist is pretty good (no Terry Kath) and the whole track rocks pretty hard.

• i have a high school band version that shreds, it is called Classroom 101 or something like that

• The Susumu Arima & The New Creators cover is OK but not graemlin-worthy.
    http://www.bombaybeats.com/mp3/Susumu.mp3

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Co-sign on loving this song. I thought it was about writer's block.

You know, it would be great if anyone had an mp3 of it they could throw up...Dirty Work by Steely Dan, too. It's kinda cloudy and stuff here this morning, it makes me wanna hear comfort food music...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Chicago and EWF doing it

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    no youtube at work

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    good question PrimeCuts! this has just made my day even more better. i'm flyin back home to DC after lunch so i think this flight i'm gonna revisit my love for:

- questions 67 & 68
    - does anybody know what time it is
    - old days
    - dialogue pt 1 & 2

who can dig it?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    You know, it would be great if anyone had an mp3 of it they could throw up.

Chicago's version, you mean? Here we go, the quad mix with extra guitar stuff from Terry Kath that wasn't used in the stereo mix.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dd0taj (6.52mb)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Jimmy Ponder does a version on his "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
    album. This song (the Chicago version) completely rules. I recently
    picked up a white label 45 of it based on a) the unique label design
    which I had never seen on a Columbia white label, and b) the awesome
    fidelity of this track on 45, Kath's guitar shred in those wide grooves!