IT'S RECORD DAY BITCH

2»

Comments

• not-that-rare latin funk rock with lots of heavy organ.

http://www.zshare.net/download/37785555ff46fb/

• Saafir - Boxcar Sessions

From the Bay, I can't think of another rap record with the depth, the skill, and the sheer knock of Boxcar. I can't really say this was the soundtrack, but this sounds like West Oakland.

You are so right on about that. The way that J-Groove and the rest of that production team captured the sounds of endless trainyards was spot on.

harvey, we found a common ground! i love me some saafir, did a show with hobo junction back in 2000. box car sessions is dope, but alas, i only have the kaasette.

also, "smart bombs" is the shit!
    also, "scandlous" from that mike boogie comp...

record day is pretty nice. pretty much madness with all the divshare and zshares - especially since i can't get them to dl! i wish i was able to share some joints with ya'll... maybe next time.

• i'm randomly posting this in here just because it's so damn good

funkadelic - can you get to that

http://www.zshare.net/audio/377934598288d4/

• As promised, Boxcar fans should check this out:

Unreleased Boxcar Sessions

1. Light Sleeper (alt mix of some sort)
    2. Kyllin Kydz
    3. Bone's
    4. In The Future
    5. No Return - The Setup
    6. No Return - Original Version
    7. Joint Custody
    8. The Heavy Weight
    9. Whomp 2000 (the non-Boxcar track)

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    As promised, Boxcar fans should check this out:

Unreleased Boxcar Sessions

1. Light Sleeper (alt mix of some sort)
    2. Kyllin Kydz
    3. Bone's
    4. In The Future
    5. No Return - The Setup
    6. No Return - Original Version
    7. Joint Custody
    8. The Heavy Weight
    9. Whomp 2000 (the non-Boxcar track)

DOPE. I need the Killin' Kids 12". Can anyone help me out?

bev

• A couple of relatively easy to find joints on wax, but digital versions are a bit harder to track down.

Eddie Kendricks - My People Hold On
    http://rapidshare.com/files/57351271/eddie_kendricks_-_my_people...hold_on_-_1972.zip.html

Prana People - Prana People
    http://www.zshare.net/download/3780925d161fe4/

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    The Editors In Chief

A cut-n-paste mix made a couple years ago by myself, Dr.BrownsCelray, and Rape_Donkeys. Enjoy.

I know I'm late here, but it's worth remarking on what a really f*cking great mix this is. Most mixes with this kind of range end up sounding superficial and/or student-ish, watermarked by tour-group hurry-hurry and/or that constant implied whine of "Do you even understand what you're listening to right now? Do you even, like, know about this shit?" But this one sounds like it was assembled???as all mixes should be???with about half the respect and about twice the love, covering vast territory with incredible tone and a huge amount of personality, executing perfectly what I have come to know as The Castillo Maneuver: That is, my desire to acquire all the records used herein is undercut by a strong suspicion that even if I did, they would never sound quite as dope as they do here. Like, yeah, I need that Bobby Caldwell cover, but I also need it creeping out from under the preceding post-Chic chit with the horns. Yeah, I need that Jorge Ben, but I also need it to loop up with that stop-button drag just as the vocals start to resolve, you know?

My attention span these days resembles the shadow of a cut-out of a picture of some swiss cheese viewed from the side, but even so???and even though I'm never really happy to hear Rick Holmes???for me, this one is an end-to-ender. Thanks for putting it up, Jonny.

(In a side note: My real-world knowledge of you three ranges from little to none, but I nonetheless have the feeling that I kinda sorta might know whose track is whose. Like I said: personality.)

• Black Rhythm Truth Band - Ifetayo

Rare and great diaspora funk - issued out of the west indies but with a heavy afrobeat influence. Defies the kind of cookie cutter sound those words might conjure up and resides on a plane of records that are worth the hype

Duke Ellington, Charlie Mingus, Max Roach - Money Jungle

What jazz should sound like. Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's totally under-appreciated, should be considered one of the best - on what record can you even attempt to hear the kind of Frickin' sheer talent that was in that room??

The Editors In Chief

A cut-n-paste mix made a couple years ago by myself, Dr.BrownsCelray, and Rape_Donkeys. Enjoy.

Re-ups anybody? None of these are working..

• A Diverse selection of joints

African Brothers - The Mystery of Nature One of my recent favorites. Unearthed recently by the Want some Freedom cd. Early work by Sugar Minott, Tony Tuff, and Eric Bubbles

Terry Hunter - I Waited for You ( Kenny Dope Gutta Mix)

Jah Dan - She told me Heads might recoginize the name from Smif N Wessun - Sound Bwoy Buriel. I was lucky enough to have Jah Dan bless me with vocal ID's for my podcast and he passed along two cuts. This being one of them

• The Editors In Chief

Re-ups anybody? None of these are working..

Here you go - to paraphrase James, this is really dope - thanks JP !

editors in chief.zip

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Well, if we gonna have RECORD DAY DEJA VU then here's
    the Deirdre Wilson Tabac @ 320:

http://www.zshare.net/download/4797374d3af3d0/

• big thanks JP. won't be able to check back today til late night (maybe), but here's a lil something I'd like to share.

The Natural Four - S/T

clean rip of the whole record at 320

how did i miss this thredd on record day!! and this album boooo