Kanye's "Good Life" (late pass related)

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

That song is "in the club" and in my book it's ehh. Big Pun however kills it on don't want to be a player. And I hate to admit this but I also like the following songs.

5) Hey DJ by World Class Wrecking Crew

don't know this song. You mean world famous supreme team?
    Wrecking CRU' to boot.

• PS: And Kinetic. I have a wide stance

• The video is cool, even though it's Justice's "D.A.N.C.E." part deux.

...which is hilarious after his little tantrum from losing to them at MTV European music video awards.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    when asking for the boniqua song.

You should've just asked for the "it's your birthday" song.

That song is "in the club" and in my book it's ehh.

An ongoing joke with DJs is that when people come up to request "In Da Club," they call it "The Birthday Song" or "50 Cent--It's Your Birthday" or something like that. Just FYI.

Also, I thought the "Still not a Player" remix was cool, but I thought the original "I'm not a Player" was fan-fucking-tastic. Dude said some insanely funny shit, and he was rapping his ass off while doing it. That hook was pure gold unto itself.

Speaking of Pun-related pure gold, I wish to God I could find that interview he did from about '98 which was on a now-defunct site called truehiphop.com or something. I swear it was one of the funniest interviews I've ever read. I think the interviewer was, by his own admission, a skinny white guy whose every second question was some sort of fat joke, all of which Pun batted straight back without ever getting pissed at him. Comedy for days.

• The video is cool, even though it's Justice's "D.A.N.C.E." part deux.

...which is hilarious after his little tantrum from losing to them at MTV European music video awards.

T-pain going for the Whoopie Goldberg look?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

The video is cool, even though it's Justice's "D.A.N.C.E." part deux.

T-pain going for the Whoopie Goldberg look?

Just because he has locks???

He's going for the Whoopie Goldberg look???

• dayday 9,611 Posts

That song is "in the club" and in my book it's ehh. Big Pun however kills it on don't want to be a player. And I hate to admit this but I also like the following songs.

5) Hey DJ by World Class Wrecking Crew

don't know this song. You mean world famous supreme team?
    Wrecking CRU' to boot.
    Speaking of, has anyone heard Amerie over that Supreme Team inst? It's not bad.

• T-pain going for the Whoopie Goldberg look?

he has locks? i didn't notice that. i just meant because they both are Black.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    He's the disneyland of hip hop.

Wow.
    Probably true (somehow) and the reason for me not wanting to venture in or around his music.

• Speaking of, has anyone heard Amerie over that Supreme Team inst? It's not bad.

KING MOST HOOD CLASSIC

• T-pain going for the Whoopie Goldberg look?

he has locks? i didn't notice that. i just meant because they both are Black.
    LOL

• Also doesn't Good Life kinda sound like Debarge's And I like it. That Debarge song is also on the list of Vitamin's favorite joints. And what is the biggie, I confused the world class wrecking cru with the world famous supreme team. Whatev.

• He's the disneyland of hip hop.

Wow.
    Probably true (somehow) and the reason for me not wanting to venture in or around his music.

I don't know, maybe I'm looking through those crazy macho-man randy savage style shades, but Kanye and this video and the kimmel clips in another thread are all looking (and sounding) surprisingly pleasant. Where did my hattred go?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The real question is: Could Kanye possibly keep himself from being please-pass-the-mic'ed at the Good Life?

• The real question is: Could Kanye possibly keep himself from being please-pass-the-mic'ed at the Good Life?

Someone should post that radio call-in battle where he was going at Common.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    The real question is: Could Kanye possibly keep himself from being please-pass-the-mic'ed at the Good Life?

no, the real question is: Can he name those Texas rappers?

• The real question is: Could Kanye possibly keep himself from being please-pass-the-mic'ed at the Good Life?

no, the real question is: Can he name those Texas rappers?

HA!

• crazy macho-man randy savage style shades

hahaha! excellent

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Speaking of, has anyone heard Amerie over that Supreme Team inst? It's not bad.

God Life is mediocre.

• God Life is mediocre.

Repent now!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Someone should post that radio call-in battle where he was going at Common.

• Thanks for posting that.

When was that from? Does he say 9-6 in the intro? I cracked up when Kanye mentioned Crucial Conflict.

Also, anyone from know what wearing your ball cap to the left represented in Chicago? What about to the right?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    sounds like they're joking around with each other
    you can hear com laughing a couple times... although that may just be at ye's freestyle