Rep your custom ringtones

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Major late pass here for me but keep in mind: up until I got an iPhone, I never had a cell phone with customizable ringtones and the fact that I can make my own (Sound Studio 3 + the extension hack, holla!) is giving me a whole new "let's avoid real work" excuse for a few minutes here and there. For real though, I'm genuinely enjoying finding 20 seconds snippets of music to convert to ringtones. So far, some personal favorites:Bettye Swann: My Heart Is Closed For the SeasonWillie Colon: La MurgaInell Young: What Do You See In HerINI: Grown Man SportOf course, I only get, maybe, one or two calls a day so it's not like I get to put these in crazy motion.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Do the James"
    "Homeboys Make Some Noise"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

INI: Grown Man Sport

Wow. I'm slightly embarassed for you.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    La, La, La-La-La, La-La-La, La-La, La-La-La

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I figured Mad Villian - Super Villian Theme makes a great ringer.

• I edited Jacques Dutronc's "Le Responsable," deleting the opening feedback and amplifying the opening guitar riff and sent the resulting MP3 to a girl who made it her custom ringtone for when I called her.

I wish I had a phone that would allow me to do this, but alas I do not.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

INI: Grown Man Sport

Wow. I'm slightly embarassed for you.

Dude - please, it's just "Water No Get Enemy." I'm not running the "make salad with one toss" or "notty dread like Bob Marley/so rock steady" lines.

I could have just edited the OG Fela but Pete Rock already did it for me.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My ringtone is the drum break from "NT", and my text message signal is the first 2 notes of "Silent Scream" by Slayer.

I really need to figure out a part of "Trapped In The Closet" to use. Anyone got some "Oh Shit!" acappellas for me?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I really need to figure out a part of "Trapped In The Closet" to use. Anyone got some "Oh Shit!" acappellas for me?

Now this is a good idea.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm not running the "make salad with one toss" or "notty dread like Bob Marley/so rock steady" lines.

Please don't lie.

b/w

I can't believe you've listened to that record enough to be able to quote lines from it at will. I have a friend that wants to know whether you'd like to join him inside his blue bunny suit.

I'm not running the "make salad with one toss" or "notty dread like Bob Marley/so rock steady" lines.

Please don't lie.

b/w

I can't believe you've listened to that record enough to be able to quote lines from it at will. I have a friend that wants to know whether you'd like to join him inside his blue bunny suit.

Hatter.

• current custom ringtones-

Marva Whitney "Unwind Yourself"
    Cold Crush Brothers "Fresh Wild Fly & Bold"
    Amerie "Blow"
    Billie Holiday "Strange Fruit"
    Electric Light Orchestra "Evil Woman"
    Eric B & Rakim "You Don't Fool Me"
    Rush "Tom Sawyer"

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    No Winehouse Phill?

• No Winehouse Phill?

hmmm... that could work... "Back To Black" might make a good one. My ringtones usually have some sort of relation to the persons who are calling me, though... maybe if i befriend a drunken zombie with questionable talent i can use that ringtone for them

• I told myself if I ever found the "Whats happening" theme song on record, I would make it an Mp3 and make it my ringtone...I found the record 2 years ago and I havent done this yet. What is that website you can upload mp3s and send them to your phone?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This be mine

• don't have any custom ringtones, but i just did some browsing on verizon's vzw and found some stuff i never wouldn't have expected them to have. stuff from san quinn, mista f.a.b., keak, sharon jones, meters, and some other shit.

i got "super sic wit it" and har you percussion group's "welcome to the party"

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i got "super sic wit it" and har you percussion group's "welcome to the party"

Verizon had these??? Ridiculous.

• Modern soul instrumental loopz:

"It's You" - Afterbach
    "Gimmie Your Love" - Alfonzo Surrett
    "Act Like You Know" - Fat Larry's Band
    "My Baby" - Ronnie McNeir
    "City Lights" - Chic
    "It's Friday Night" - Gemini
    "Got To Take A Chance" - Fifth Avenue

plus...
    "Fancy Footwork" - Chromeo
    "Toop Toop" - Cassius

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Band : CON FUNK SHUN
    Album : Loveshine
    Track : Easy

The intro is perfect!

• I've got "Parents Just Don't Understand" programmed for my parent's numbers.

• Inell Young: What Do You See In Her

I love that song.... but who do you use it for- old crushes?

Inell Young: What Do You See In Her

I love that song.... but who do you use it for- old crushes?

Ha - it's not symbolic. I just like how it opens:

And just for Faux:

Plus two others, just for the hell of it:

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    this is mine

Between his ringtone and concealed carry permit, I sense a lot of anger radiating from Daze

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    What is that website you can upload mp3s and send them to your phone?

www.mobile17.com

My ringtone is DJ Shadow's "Building Steam with a Grain of Salt", right where the drums kick in.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Between his ringtone and concealed carry permit, I sense a lot of anger radiating from Daze

hey...talk TO me not about me. hahaha

• my ringtone is so embarassing cuz my phone is old and i can only rock midi or stuff i record on my phone audio recorder. the default "natural" phone ring on my phone is so shrill, so i've been using the super mario 3 ice world theme for a while because i can't find anything else that isn't abrasive sounding for my phone limitations. the ringtone i had before on my phone before was the sounds of kittens meowing. it was stupid but at least i'd know right away that my phone was ringing, it was a distinctive and lifelike sound. i also enjoyed people on my commute hearing the sound of kittens meowing and not knowing where it was coming from cuz i hardly ever answered my phone when there's noise pollution. people looked so befuddled, there were no animals on BART outside of guide dogs. but it messed with me too, there was a pet food commercial that used that SAME kitten meow audio clip and when i watched tv and that came on, i'd check my phone every time like really confused.

my contract is almost up so i can update finally but the phone i wanted (sony ericsson w810i) is all of a sudden gone from the cingular website. i'm pretty set on it, so i think i might have to buy one off of ebay which will run me about $200 more

• For years now, my ringtone has been 30 seconds of the Spottieottiedopalicious instrumental (right where the horns come in). I can't bring myself to change it.

• got royksopp eple for my close friends
    got cantalope island for my family
    got microphone mathmatics - quas for everyone else
    and she keeps passing me by for text messages.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts