Rep your custom ringtones

2»

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    this is my other one...less "angry" than the first

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    my ringtone is so embarassing cuz my phone is old and i can only rock midi or stuff i record on my phone audio recorder. the default "natural" phone ring on my phone is so shrill, so i've been using the super mario 3 ice world theme for a while because i can't find anything else that isn't abrasive sounding for my phone limitations. the ringtone i had before on my phone before was the sounds of kittens meowing. it was stupid but at least i'd know right away that my phone was ringing, it was a distinctive and lifelike sound. i also enjoyed people on my commute hearing the sound of kittens meowing and not knowing where it was coming from cuz i hardly ever answered my phone when there's noise pollution. people looked so befuddled, there were no animals on BART outside of guide dogs. but it messed with me too, there was a pet food commercial that used that SAME kitten meow audio clip and when i watched tv and that came on, i'd check my phone every time like really confused.

my contract is almost up so i can update finally but the phone i wanted (sony ericsson w810i) is all of a sudden gone from the cingular website. i'm pretty set on it, so i think i might have to buy one off of ebay which will run me about $200 more

For that price, get an iPhone. (pouring out a cup of kool-aid)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• for real? that piece bums me out big time

• my ringtone is so embarassing cuz my phone is old and i can only rock midi or stuff i record on my phone audio recorder. the default "natural" phone ring on my phone is so shrill, so i've been using the super mario 3 ice world theme for a while because i can't find anything else that isn't abrasive sounding for my phone limitations. the ringtone i had before on my phone before was the sounds of kittens meowing. it was stupid but at least i'd know right away that my phone was ringing, it was a distinctive and lifelike sound. i also enjoyed people on my commute hearing the sound of kittens meowing and not knowing where it was coming from cuz i hardly ever answered my phone when there's noise pollution. people looked so befuddled, there were no animals on BART outside of guide dogs. but it messed with me too, there was a pet food commercial that used that SAME kitten meow audio clip and when i watched tv and that came on, i'd check my phone every time like really confused.

my contract is almost up so i can update finally but the phone i wanted (sony ericsson w810i) is all of a sudden gone from the cingular website. i'm pretty set on it, so i think i might have to buy one off of ebay which will run me about $200 more

For that price, get an iPhone. (pouring out a cup of kool-aid)

for me to really enjoy the iphone i need to get the data package which i don't see myself using. i'm all talk, text and mms and i heard you can't even use mms with the iphone. truth?

• My ringtone is still "Computer Love."

My cellphone wake-up alarm is AMG's "Inside Out" ft SugaFree.

My laptop wake-up alarm is U-Tern's remix of Stevie's "All I Do."

My AM/FM clock radio wake-up alarm is some loud ass, mostly static-y nonsense.

I have a hard time waking up.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

Band : CON FUNK SHUN
    Album : Loveshine
    Track : Easy

The intro is perfect!

Nice. I like that one.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    for real? that piece bums me out big time

haha it was the only preset I could stand.

actually, I guess that means my post was bogus anyhow,
    cause the call was for custom tones.

When people have the tone that sounds like a 1954
    telephone ringing, I want to grab it from them and
    throw it out the window.

• for real? that piece bums me out big time

haha it was the only preset I could stand.

actually, I guess that means my post was bogus anyhow,
    cause the call was for custom tones.

When people have the tone that sounds like a 1954
    telephone ringing, I want to grab it from them and
    throw it out the window.

well preset is different. my presets are aaron copland olympic fanfare or that khachaturian spazz piece which reminds me of WB cartoon chase scenes.

if i had an mp3 option on my phone, i'd pick the chorus off of dr. john's walk on gilded splinters where the background singers echo "till i burn up...(til i burn up...til i burrrn up!)" smooth, not jarring, upper register in pitch enough to be audible for me to be like i think i have a call but completely ghostlike and unassaultive.

• Elise, did you have some snoop dogg ringtone when I was around? I thought I remember you showing it to me... it was something like "you don't have yell, I know the phone's ringing"... it's hard to remember because it was over two years ago.

• if i had an mp3 option on my phone, i'd pick the chorus off of dr. john's walk on gilded splinters where the background singers echo "till i burn up...(til i burn up...til i burrrn up!)" smooth, not jarring, upper register in pitch enough to be audible for me to be like i think i have a call but completely ghostlike and unassaultive.

first pick, dr john gilded splinters chorus

2nd pick, bert jansch "poison"

3rd can moonshake

• Damn what is that at, -8?

• does anybody have the opening bars of "Award Tour"? My phone doesn't allow custom ringtones and the version of Award Tour that you can purchase is the middle of the song.

I thought that would be a good one because the opening bars sound like they'd be good as a phone ring.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    does anybody have the opening bars of "Award Tour"? My phone doesn't allow custom ringtones and the version of Award Tour that you can purchase is the middle of the song.

I thought that would be a good one because the opening bars sound like they'd be good as a phone ring.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    does anybody have the opening bars of "Award Tour"? My phone doesn't allow custom ringtones and the version of Award Tour that you can purchase is the middle of the song.

Here's a 25 second version that'd work as a ringtone:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Elise, did you have some snoop dogg ringtone when I was around? I thought I remember you showing it to me... it was something like "you don't have yell, I know the phone's ringing"... it's hard to remember because it was over two years ago.

Something like "answer the phone...snoop don't need to shout". haha.

Damn what is that at, -8?

aschrock-

sure as hell sounds slow. I don't know much about them, obviously. Thought I'd make a joke. Is they shit usually faster?? School me on the -scoe.

• bon rock & rythem rebellion - searchin rap

...been in use for a while due to funness

• my ringtone is so embarassing cuz my phone is old and i can only rock midi or stuff i record on my phone audio recorder. the default "natural" phone ring on my phone is so shrill, so i've been using the super mario 3 ice world theme for a while because i can't find anything else that isn't abrasive sounding for my phone limitations. the ringtone i had before on my phone before was the sounds of kittens meowing. it was stupid but at least i'd know right away that my phone was ringing, it was a distinctive and lifelike sound. i also enjoyed people on my commute hearing the sound of kittens meowing and not knowing where it was coming from cuz i hardly ever answered my phone when there's noise pollution. people looked so befuddled, there were no animals on BART outside of guide dogs. but it messed with me too, there was a pet food commercial that used that SAME kitten meow audio clip and when i watched tv and that came on, i'd check my phone every time like really confused.

My girlfriend gave me a sony ericsson w810i for my birthday and I have been very happy with it. The mp3 player and the camera both work very well. I have it expanded to 4gb memory with a little memory card, and it is now full of music. You can set any music file that is in the phone to be a ringtone and it just plays the first twenty seconds of the song. I don't mean to sound like a sony marketing rep, but this phone has made me really happy in combining mp3 player and phone function into one little device. I haven't really even tried using it for internet, i suspect that an iphone would be better for that sort of thing.