i thought HIP HOP started in the bronx BUT....

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
apparently swedish people have been hip-hoping to the beat long before anyone else...YES i unearthed the record to prove it:

Comments

• Superman that ho

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    hahaha nice photoshopping

• fakass, that's fantastic

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Superman Do-si-do that ho

• CLASSIC! That was incredible...

• Upskiboo you deserve a Nobel prize for that find.

The Swedes always got at it real early...

Peace,

Dress

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Ha ha, my man Per showed me that record a few years ago but I still haven't got it. Gotta go digging in them Swedish folk bins. Sweden's always been ahead of the curve. For further proof, check Ralph Lundstens "Horrorscope" from 1979:

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Ha ha, my man Per showed me that record a few years ago but I still haven't got it. Gotta go digging in them Swedish folk bins. Sweden's always been ahead of the curve. For further proof, check Ralph Lundstens "Horrorscope" from 1979:

where have I heard this?

where have I heard this?

Not sure - think it's been rereleased and remixed at least once but as far as I know it hasn't been sampled, at least not used for something big. If so, I'd like to know.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

where have I heard this?
    Polyrhythm Addicts?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

where have I heard this?
    Polyrhythm Addicts?

• Ha ha, my man Per showed me that record a few years ago but I still haven't got it. Gotta go digging in them Swedish folk bins. Sweden's always been ahead of the curve. For further proof, check Ralph Lundstens "Horrorscope" from 1979:

where have I heard this?
    Polyrhythm Addicts?

Indeed - I just copped the reissue of that Ralph Lundsten from labcabin

Another tedious example of americans copying swedish music... When will it end?

(btw, haven't heard that before, thanks a bunch.)

Indeed - I just copped the reissue of that Ralph Lundsten from labcabin

Nice to have that on 12"! However, calling it "impossibly rare" is a gross exaggeration.

• apparently swedish people have been hip-hoping to the beat long before anyone else...

ha - sweden has nothing on austria. check this poster for a show by viennese action artist guenter brus from 1968 at a place called "hip-hop":