post something NRR you were excited t'get recently

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
i collect a LOT of things, one collection i started a long time ago, stopped, then started back up again is old LED/flourescent display calculators, and this one has to be my FAVORITE EVER...i have a larger one like this but this one is tiny and gorgeous. unfortunately the battery terminals are corroded and i havent gotten a chance to clean them up yet, but hopefully i can get it to work:i love that super clean design and stainless steel shell. plus having the carrying case is a mega bonus.same junk shop i got viola wills - sweetback in. that shop is fucking crazy, i could spend easily an entire day looking at everything in there.what NRR thing did you get stoked to find recently?

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

From a flea about a month ago. Haven't had time to fiddle around too much with it yet.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

From a flea about a month ago. Haven't had time to fiddle around too much with it yet.

my friend had a casio CZ-101 and although im not too big of a fan of the push-button adjusters, im very jealous of yours.

• doesnt have that top funnel or masher thing and it needed a cleaning. but i copped for $18 at a flea market (yeah, i talked him down from $20)

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    new brakes on my car after the old set malfunctioned while driving.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    a gym membership

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    a gym membership

yes and this as well.
    but the brakes were first.

• some p----!!!!

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    this just came in the mail this morning

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    a haircut - more than 8 inches of hair gone!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Got it in the mail yesterday, just scratched the surface of all the stuff, 3 DVDs plus a bonus disc of a Cap Center show in 1979

Ace drunk and stoned on Tom Snyder's Tomorrow show is

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    The Leak.

"Old ass rappers bet stay on tour/
    you're like forty four, I got a forty four/
    I'm twenty four, I could murk you and come home when I'm twenty four"

• I haven't found solid records in a thrift in ages, but I still go. Last week I scored the first 20 or so Zap comics done by R Crumb. They'll be on eBay soon so I can buy some records!

• nice addition to my little-dude-ghetto-home-studio.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Now I know what I'm putting in my mouth

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

I got this 45 year old shelf system from my dad (the picture doesn't really do it justice). Years ago when my dad was living in Hawaii he got his first credit card with a $300 limit and maxed it out buying these shelves. Years later he gave it to my sister, then she lost most of the hardware needed for it. Using the 25 year old picture below for reference my friend helped fabricate all of the pieces needed and I did the finishing touches to finally get it back together. Ironically, the sister that lost all of the hardware was in the only picture we could find of the shelf.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i collect a LOT of things, one collection i started a long time ago, stopped, then started back up again is old LED/flourescent display calculators, and this one has to be my FAVORITE EVER...i have a larger one like this but this one is tiny and gorgeous. unfortunately the battery terminals are corroded and i havent gotten a chance to clean them up yet, but hopefully i can get it to work:

i love that super clean design and stainless steel shell. plus having the carrying case is a mega bonus.

• 12 year old chinese elm

&

Dreammachine

• no stores carried this here until one day at Fresh Market I saw the label from across the store and just made a beeline for it...I saw what I thought I saw, the greatest fucking mustard ever produced...this shit is perfect.

• My buddy just happened to be at the shop when an (intentionally?) small shipment of these arrived:

MfN finally!

plus...

(the last game system I had was an NES, back in high school)