Female MC's- Are there any in existence anymore

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    also check out yarah bravo. she is rad. peace, stein. . .

dope mc and super nice!

She's pretty cute. I need to do some research about this MC.

• Ebony Eyez was doin it for a minute when she was with the Trackboyz. I recently got a single called "My Dick" with Chocolate Tai and Penelope Jones from those dudes at Derrty Ent (Nelly and Ali's label). It ain't bad.

• also check out yarah bravo. she is rad. peace, stein. . .

dope mc and super nice!

let us know if you find some nude pics or something.

I mean, let us know if you discover some insights into her varied rhyme patterns.

THAT'S SEXIST.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    also check out yarah bravo. she is rad. peace, stein. . .

dope mc and super nice!

let us know if you find some nude pics or something.

I mean, let us know if you discover some insights into her varied rhyme patterns.

THAT'S SEXIST.

She didn't look as good in some of the other pictures I dug up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

That can't be the same gurl.

Her myspace pics are alright.

Qtee in effect.

• YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH MY YO-YO!!!! Still stomping.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Yarah Bravo "dope?" I guess I'm missing something. All I hear is elementary rhymes ("the power of the mind is far greater than a cute behind") and a "rhyme style" like Princess Superstar, but more sloppy.

I liked the T-Love EP, but nothing after that has really grabbed me.

You will like the new album then, since it has a lot of unreleased track from that period. Here is the 1st single :

T_Love_Definition_Of_A_Yeeyee (DivShare)

Is it me or Div Share does not work today ??

anyway, here is a direct link to the track : http://keepitfake.free.fr/BSide/definitionofayeeyee16bit.mp3

• That can't be the same gurl.

Unless Cree Summer is dropping rhymes over Lenny's beats again, then no.

• also check out yarah bravo. she is rad. peace, stein. . .

dope mc and super nice!

Nice, yes... Dope MC? sorry I don't think so, unless you are looking for a 2007 Lady Bug Mecca with half the ability of the original. She is mediocre at very best. I tried listening to the one-self project and while the beats were cool, the rhymes were pretty much unlistenable.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Perseph1[/b] (a/k/a Persephone)

Sounds like Girl Slug to me.

This thread is pathetic for so many reasons.

And where is deej, rap feminist, when you need him?

• Perseph1[/b] (a/k/a Persephone)

Sounds like Girl Slug to me.

This thread is pathetic for so many reasons.

I'm waiting for at least one.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'm waiting for at least one.

Bad rapping is the most obvious.

• I like one of the girls from crime mob. Especially when she's talking about looking "real jazzy".

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I like one of the girls from crime mob. Especially when she's talking about looking "real jazzy".

You racist.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I like one of the girls from crime mob. Especially when she's talking about looking "real jazzy".

!!!

The girls--especially Diamond--are what keep Crime Mob from being completely forgettable.

b/w

The current female rappers dudes are bigging up in this thread have some wack names.

• hate the blog house/hipster rap/steve aoki crapola......but I still ride for

wow and rocking a kaffiyeh; how original. welcome to any major European college campus in 1996.

• Roxanne Shonte did that bassment jaxx song. I thought she killed it. Too bad about the music though. I'd take an accapella of that though.

• Figures of Speech are dropping a new album of mostly old material. They were the female duo responsible for "Don't Get It Twisted." Alpha Omega is certainly a tight song, if not a little dated. It will be interesting to see how Omid "restored" the sound.
    --
    Brothers & Sisters,

THE LAST WORD by Figures of Speech is now available exclusively on iTunes.

- Featuring the underground favorites "Don't Get it Twisted" and "Alpha Omega"

- Seven previously unreleased tracks, including "Rhythmical Spiritual," "Spend Some Time," "Last Minutes," "Avoidance" and "Motions of Lips."

- Music produced by Digiak, CVE and The Nonce

- Restored and executive produced by Omid

- 15 years in the making for your listening pleasure

Please enjoy...

Jyant & Eve
    FOS | 2007

--
    http://myspace.com/figuresofspeechla

• I used to look for pics of Tempa from Out Da Ville (UK), thought she was pretty hot (looking)...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Maisa One.

• eve

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    hate the blog house/hipster rap/steve aoki crapola......but I still ride for

wow and rocking a kaffiyeh; how original. welcome to any major European college campus in 1996.

hating on kaffiyehs may be as played out as kaffiyehs themselves????
    I ain't riding for her gear......she can actually spit kind of crazy.....
    I don't know if I could listen to a full album of it - but she impressive....

she can actually spit kind of crazy.....
    I don't know if I could listen to a full album of it - but she impressive....

She a good mc, but cant sustain an album, so waht format should she thrive in?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Where's Deej ?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Where's Deej ?

Busy staring at his life-size poster of Shawnna.

I really wish there was a female emcee out there these days that I really liked. But I'm not going to lower my standards or try to like anything that I think is sub-par.

I did like Bahamadia's first album. MC Lyte never really did it for me. The Crime Mob girls can definately rap, but their schtick is getting old quickly.

Lauryn is hands down the GOAT female emcee, and you are playing yourself if you don't dig her style. In my top 10 of all time, male or female, period. I wish she would come back and bring it like she did on Miseducation. Drop dead gorgeous too.

Where's Deej ?

Busy staring at his life-size poster of Shawnna.

I really wish there was a female emcee out there these days that I really liked. But I'm not going to lower my standards or try to like anything that I think is sub-par.

I did like Bahamadia's first album. MC Lyte never really did it for me. The Crime Mob girls can definately rap, but their schtick is getting old quickly.

Lauryn is hands down the GOAT female emcee, and you are playing yourself if you don't dig her style. In my top 10 of all time, male or female, period. I wish she would come back and bring it like she did on Miseducation. Drop dead gorgeous too.

St8 BAN

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I did like Bahamadia's first album. MC Lyte never really did it for me.

WOW

Lyte is the one and only great female MC. To even pretend that any other female rappers belong in the conversation is to insult her.

And that Bahamadia record is straight corn.

• I did like Bahamadia's first album. MC Lyte never really did it for me.

WOW

Lyte is the one and only great female MC. To even pretend that any other female rappers belong in the conversation is to insult her.

And that Bahamadia record is straight corn.

only, no i would put Roxanne Shante up with Lyte as well, even Latifah in her prime was killing it... But yes Lyte tops them all.