Female MC's- Are there any in existence anymore

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Who is out there still doing it? Who is new on the come up??Besides Kid Sister, but i think she falls into that quasi dance/club/electro category, but her cadence and delivery are top notch.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There's a shortage of male mc's as well.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Bahamadia and Jean Grae (hi O-Dub) still rap, but I don't like either of their output whatsoever.

I liked Bahamadia's first album to a certain degree.

peace.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Melodee (La Melodia) is still rappin...

• I only ever really liked Medusa from Blowed

But La Bruja is supposedly dope, and I think Lah Tere from the under underground group Rebel Diaz is tight. Check out Pistola Clap http://www.myspace.com/rebeldiaz

she could sing too

• i said my lip gloss is cool. . .peace, stein. . .

• T-Love?

• T-Love?

she stopped. i liked her.

• T-Love?

I would say her but I think that white guy was the brains behind that operation

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    hate the blog house/hipster rap/steve aoki crapola......but I still ride for

• T-Love?

not true. she still does her underground hip hop thing. she lives in germany i believe. peace, stein. . .

• also check out yarah bravo. she is rad. peace, stein. . .

• i was just about to mention her.

definitely a fan of the "One Self" project she Vadim and Blu Rum 13 got going on. was fortunate to back them up on the congas when they came through town.

one of the nicest people too.

ez.

• T-Love?

not true. she still does her underground hip hop thing. she lives in germany i believe. peace, stein. . .

she's put albums out recently? or only performing?

• was Santo Gold mentioned? If not, then Santo Gold DEFINITELY deserves mention.

• T-Love?

i'm pretty sure she put a new single out within the last month. peace, stein. . .

• i'm pretty sure she put a new single out within the last month. peace, stein. . .

um is lin que retired

• I swear the feMCees I know from around my way are never coming out. It just goes to show press/movie cameos does not really break an artist.

Invincible
    Miz Korona
    Monica Blaire (she at least put out an album though)

• i'm pretty sure she put a new single out within the last month. peace, stein. . .

um is lin que retired

still doin' her damn thang.

www.myspace.com/linquemusic

peace, stein. . .

um is lin que retired

still doin' her damn thang.

www.myspace.com/linquemusic

peace, stein. . .

she still looks pretty good....or should I say VANGLORIOUS!

• You beat me to it Gam, she came up w/ Finale last summer...
    I just saw this Vid too...
    Lo and Dante are up this weekend, there was suppsed to be that Akil/Dres show but it was cancelled...
    You should roll through!
    Peace
    Zeb

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Isis. you'll hear her soon enough.

• The females are still doin it at least on the underground tip.

Apani held her own on the new Polyrhythm Addicts LP and also has a nice cut Shin Ski's LP.

Voice is real nice. Her 'Baby Boy' (Moonstar rmx) track has been one of my favorite tracks.

T Love has dropped a lot of nice 12"s lately on KIF records out of France.

Jean Grae has been consistant and I really dig her track on the Jazzy Jeff LP.

Underground hip hop does not have the same following as it once did so it's much harder for the quality stuff to gain the exposure it deserves whether female or male emces....

M-SMOOTH

• Underground hip hop does not have the same following as it once did so it's much harder for the quality stuff to gain the exposure it deserves whether female or male emces....

M-SMOOTH

you said it brother. peace, stein. . .

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    T-Love?

i'm pretty sure she put a new single out within the last month. peace, stein. . .
    I work with her. She has moved to France and she keeps making music in Europe. We just put out a 12" that's available in Europe and Japan. We'll put out another one in a few weeks and an album of old material in january.
    There also a 12" with Fatlip coming out soon on Kif, a couple of tracks with Erik Truffaz & Nya (Blue Note) and a track with The Procussions and Hocus Pocus that just came out.
    http://www.myspace.com/tauralove

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    T-Love?

I would say her but I think that white guy was the brains behind that operation
    What white guy are you talking about ? That kid named Miles ?

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

Apani held her own on the new Polyrhythm Addicts LP and also has a nice cut Shin Ski's LP.

That's Tye Phoenix on the new Polyrhythm Addicts, not Apani.

• subsub 311 Posts
    also check out yarah bravo. she is rad. peace, stein. . .

dope mc and super nice!

• Yarah Bravo "dope?" I guess I'm missing something. All I hear is elementary rhymes ("the power of the mind is far greater than a cute behind") and a "rhyme style" like Princess Superstar, but more sloppy.

I liked the T-Love EP, but nothing after that has really grabbed me.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Yarah Bravo "dope?" I guess I'm missing something. All I hear is elementary rhymes ("the power of the mind is far greater than a cute behind") and a "rhyme style" like Princess Superstar, but more sloppy.

I liked the T-Love EP, but nothing after that has really grabbed me.

You will like the new album then, since it has a lot of unreleased track from that period. Here is the 1st single :

T_Love_Definition_Of_A_Yeeyee (DivShare)