Soul Rock

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

No mention of the Chambers Bros? Possibly top of the stack for the whole "genre".

• Probably because you're leeching images off other sites. That's bad manners, friend.

• Probably because you're leeching images off other sites. That's bad manners, friend.

what's the hell? what are you talking about?

He's answering an earlier post by Pencilface, where a couple of images somehow didn't get printed. He just forgot to QUOTE Pencilface's post, hence the confusion.

He's answering an earlier post by Pencilface, where a couple of images somehow didn't get printed. He just forgot to QUOTE Pencilface's post, hence the confusion.

makes me look like an idiot now, huh?

i just didn't get it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Worst genre ever.

• Worst genre ever.

what's the hell?! you don't know the truth.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the truth is that you have bad taste

• the truth is that you have bad taste

how do you know?

I will probably be hated for this thread, but I think I can take it.

you can't take it obviously...

• I will probably be hated for this thread, but I think I can take it.

no. i can take it. but what are you trying to prove? who are you?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It doesn't matter who he is--you're the one that's getting wilde asshurt.

• I will probably be hated for this thread, but I think I can take it.

i know you think that. but i'm not. why do you always call people asshurt? what is wrong with you? frustrated?

getting mad about being called asshurt is the true test of asshurtedness.

i know you think that. but i'm not. why do you always call people asshurt? what is wrong with you? frustrated?

The better question is this: why do you little dudes perpetually behave in such a way that I am forced to take it there?

why do you little dudes perpetually behave in such a way that I am forced to take it there?

seriously, what is up with these lil' Goldilocks muthafuckaz who come on here asking for recommedations & then feel the need to make a comment after each suggestion?

"this porridge is too hot"

"this porridge is too cold"

why do you little dudes perpetually behave in such a way that I am forced to take it there?

seriously, what is up with these lil' Goldilocks muthafuckaz who come on here asking for recommedations & then feel the need to make a comment after each suggestion?

"this porridge is too hot"

"this porridge is too cold"

You can't swing a dead cat up in here without hitting a Chase-gripper

• You can't swing a dead cat up in here without hitting a Chase-gripper

That's hilarious! Who made that up?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    In my opinion, soul rock is a mere notch above cookie cutter blues rock but everyone has different tastes in what they like. No problem with that.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

word, digga! bagle hot honkster came heahhh to buzzzzzz a hot flurrsta. fuck dat biatsch.

• um, the Small Faces? too obvious?
    "soul-rock" could begin and end with these guys, far as I'm concerned.

"Come On Children" =

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

The better question is this: why do you little dudes perpetually behave in such a way that I am forced to take it there?

you are a true hero. thanks for taking care of all this and that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    In my opinion, soul rock is a mere notch above cookie cutter blues rock but everyone has different tastes in what they like. No problem with that.

Did bands actually refer to themselves as Soul Rockers?

• In my opinion, soul rock is a mere notch above cookie cutter blues rock but everyone has different tastes in what they like. No problem with that.

• In my opinion, soul rock is a mere notch above cookie cutter blues rock but everyone has different tastes in what they like. No problem with that.

...and they were just a straight-up R&B band. From the sixties. EARLY sixties. Way out of the realm of what Fipple appears to be looking for.[/b]

In my opinion, soul rock is barely a category at all. Just 'cause a bunch of hippies picked up a soul influence from somewhere doesn't add up to much - it wasn't some unified movement - but if that's the sound he wants...

...and they were just a straight-up R&B band. From the sixties. EARLY sixties. Way out of the realm of what Fipple appears to be looking for.[/b]

Well, duh!

I was just replying to a literal interpretation of Batmon's question. Not that you'd necessarily have any way of knowing that though.

And I'm sure you already know this, but the Soul Rockers may have got their start in the early 60s, but they recorded all the way up to at least 1970, by which point they had branched out from "straight-up R&B".

This is a funk record.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I have no problem with these bands, and as Pickwick has pointed out, Soul-Rock was not a genre back then. It just showed that music wasn't as segregated as it later become into white Rock and black Soul, etc.

• I said that I don't know how to call the music I am looking for. That's why I mentioned some bands. But it's OK. Thanks anyway.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It just showed that music wasn't as segregated as it later become into white Rock and black Soul, etc.

Yes, if only we still had shitty bands like Black Pearl to show us the path to racial unity...