Soul Rock

13»

Comments

• Soul Rock, I've heard it all now, what the hell is that??

btw, good to have you back Grope!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It just showed that music wasn't as segregated as it later become into white Rock and black Soul, etc.

Yes, if only we still had shitty bands like Black Pearl to show us the path to racial unity...

And was there some point when white people stopped absorbing Black musical influences?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Soul Rock, I've heard it all now, what the hell is that??

btw, good to have you back Grope!

it's fusion prog. without the jazz. or more like hippie funk. without the girls.

• This is a funk record.

Les Cooper was still involved by then?

I've heard of this 45, but didn't think it was the same group. Not saying you're wrong, but "Soul Rockers" seems to be one of those generic names that everybody used at one point or another, like "the Chosen Few" or "the Blue Notes" or "the Loved Ones."

• You know, I saw this listed in a Les Cooper discography, but I'm actually a bit skeptical myself. Though originally a part of the New York scene, Les did spend some time in Detroit (enough to write a song called 'The Motor City' at least), so it seems possible that his Soul Rockers might have hooked up with Ed Robinson, who produced 'The Hawk'.

In any case, there's definitely a record on Atco from 1969 that's credited to Les Cooper and the Soul Rockers. Sadly, I haven't heard it.