Eddie Griffin dissed after dropping n bombs.

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Eddie Griffin dissed and embarrassed after using N wordhttp://playahata.com/hatablog/?p=2774Al Sharpton got a laugh at Eddie Griffin but it was for opposite what Griffin thought was funny. If comedian Eddie Griffin didn???t know the N-word was banned and buried, he found out when the publisher of Black Enterprise magazine pulled the plug on his raunchy standup routine and had him thrown off the stage.Griffin, who headlined a soldout show at Black Enterprise???s 14th annual Golf and Tennis Challenge in Miami on Friday, was about 10 minutes into his N-word-laced act when publisher Earl Graves turned off the mike.Minutes later, Graves appeared onstage with a cord and plug in one hand and a working microphone in the other. He told the audience at the posh Doral Golf Resort that Griffin???s microphone had been turned off because he repeatedly used the N-word.This was a big event and others are beginning to take notice, the n word ban is serious in professional circles. For Griffin to be bounced in front of everybody sent a message.Graves, a prominent businessman whose Labor Day weekend event attracts corporate sponsors like Aetna, Pepsi and FedEx, got a standing ovation. He said Griffin, 39, would be paid.Attendees said Griffin - who has appeared in ???Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,??? ???Undercover Brother??? and ???Scary Movie 3? - sauntered onto the stage smoking a cigarette. He yelled ???F??? y???all!??? before walking off, they said.???We at Black Enterprise will not allow our culture to go backward,??? Graves said. ???Black Enterprise stands for decency, black culture and dignity.???The NAACP held a public ???burial??? for the racial slur during its annual convention in Detroit in July.Griffin???s publicist, Jeff Abraham, declined comment.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

C/O my Pops, taken on a glorious morning in Detroit.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I guess there goes the theory that younguns was reclaiming the n-word from whitey.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    NAACP

Haha! Right? When are they going to bury the term "colored people?"

• NAACP

so i guess you are in favor of the n word. maybe you should throw a rally for it where you have a ceremonial resurrection of it in response to the naacp's burial.

• ???We at Black Enterprise will not allow our culture to go backward,??? Graves said. ???Black Enterprise stands for decency, black culture and dignity.???
    this is what bothers me. If this is what they wanted, then why the fuck do you go out and book one of the most racist unfunny motherfuckers around to do your conference? Did they just book him blindly? If you have ever seen any of dudes standup, he doesnt pull any punches right from the gate.

• NAACP

Haha! Right? When are they going to bury the term "colored people?"

I never understood how "people of color" (the commonly used politically correct term for anybody who isn't caucasian) and "colored people" are any different.

• ???We at Black Enterprise will not allow our culture to go backward,??? Graves said. ???Black Enterprise stands for decency, black culture and dignity.???
    this is what bothers me. If this is what they wanted, then why the fuck do you go out and book one of the most racist unfunny motherfuckers around to do your conference? Did they just book him blindly? If you have ever seen any of dudes standup, he doesnt pull any punches right from the gate.

It's like hiring lisa lampinelli for a women's rights convention.

1. If you don't understand the historically oppressive difference between "colored people" and "the n-word", then you've got some research to do.

2. Believe it or not, the NAACP is still relevant, but much more so in the minds of older generations than ours.

3. Bad idea to book Eddie Griffin. There's no defending that.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

They must have read the Rick Rubin article in the Times Magazine.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Perhaps they booked him to make an example of him. Fucked up sure, but not impossible.

Perhaps they booked him to make an example of him. Fucked up sure, but not impossible.

Crossed my mind, but I doubt it. They should have gone with Steve Harvey, who puts on a hilarious clean show. Hell, even a played-out Sinbad would have been a better idea!

• 3. Bad idea to book Eddie Griffin. There's no defending that.

Crossed my mind, but I doubt it. They should have gone with Steve Harvey, who puts on a hilarious clean show. Hell, even a played-out Sinbad would have been a better idea!

man i love Eddie Griffin. dude's stand up is hella funny, even though he drops the n-word a rediculous amount.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    2. Believe it or not, the NAACP is still relevant, but much more so in the minds of older generations than ours.

Which is exactly why this campaign won't work. To get rid of the n-word you'd have to have a movement from the bottom up in popular culture, not some group like the NAACP that appeal to older people trying it from the top down.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i met earl graves once. nice dude

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i met earl graves once. nice dude sideburns

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i met earl graves once. nice dude sideburns

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Americans sure do love their corny, self-indulgent acts of symbolism. 1776 ft. Freedom Tower, anyone?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    1776 ft. Freedom Tower, anyone?

Now that was some hilarious bullshit. I recall the day the height was announced. I think even Michelle Malkin turned up her nose at that one. New Yorkers: How's the view from One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy Six feet of red, white, and blue manure? Or has Skidmore made it 1777 just because David Childs said so? What's that? it hasn't been built started yet?

Poor Daniel Libeskind.