Nintendo DS Lite Appreciation

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I just got one of these... it's dope.Any game recommendations? So far I got Mario 64 DS, Brain Age 2, and Atari Retro Classics... One of the selling points for me was that it's a region free unit... plan on getting the Japanese dictionary and some go games. What Nintendo sacrifices in graphics and power, they always make up for with quality games and innovative gameplay (the touch screen in this case). Peace...Mimizu

Comments

• mario kart

• I would recommend using a site like Game Rankings to get a general idea of what games would appeal to you. You can search for best reviewed games by platform as well as genre:

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

Don't forget you can also play GBA games, so any marquee title that haven't been rendered obsolete by a DS port, like Advance Wars, you should check out. (Main items of interest are ports of NES/SNES games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy, River City Ransom, etc., but also neat side-scrollers like Astro Boy, made by Treasure [Gunstar Heroes], and original Zelda entry The Minish Cap).

Pretty much all the ports that were originally Nintendo-created GBA or SNES games that you loved before will still appeal to you (e.g., Tetris, Mario Kart, Advance Wars, Metroid, etc.). Unsurprisingly, DS excels in puzzles, RPG/strategy, and to a lesser extent, side-scrollers. There are also some quirky DS-specific titles that might be worth your interest, like Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center, but those tend to have little replay value.

You might also consider investing in a R4 or similar device, if you're not absolutely opposed to piracy, since it ends up costing the same as 1-2 games for the ability to play virtually any DS game, as well as MP3s, homebrew games, etc.

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21625

• wario ware: touched (if you can find it)
    electroplankton (if you can find it)
    planet puzzle league
    tetris DS
    mario kart

i mostly just play the ones you can pick up and play

• I don`t understand what this thing does..

• I don`t understand what this thing does..

it's a flash card that allows you to run mupltiple ds "backups" from a microsd memory card. basically, you can load almost 20 games if you run it with a 1gb microsd chip. if you need a good ds roms site, hit me up on the pm.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzir
    i am currently rocking etrian odyssey, hoshigami, advance wars, and some shitty ninja game. if you like rpgs, etrian odyssey is like the bestest game ive played on the ds. cant wait for zelda to come out. i really should fuck with the rom shit but i really dont mind buying games