How much of your workday's devoted to actual work?

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Between this place and crackspace, it's hard to be productive lately...Am I alone here?

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    From January-May, 95% work.

From May-December, anywhere from 0-50% work.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    My shit varies. Pretty relaxed the past few days with the long weekend coming up but most times it's balls to the wall. I used to work pretty intense days and was really biting off more than I can chew. I've learned to pull back a little and focus on more pressing issues as they come.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Between this place and crackspace, it's hard to be productive lately...

Am I alone here?

If I had my own cubicle........I'd be surfing the net, scratching my balls, taking naps, and sending out NBA newsletters.

• Between this place and crackspace, it's hard to be productive lately...

Am I alone here?

If I had my own cubicle........I'd be surfing the net, scratching my balls, taking naps, and sending out NBA newsletters.

I have my own office. Nuff said....

Am I alone here?

I bet you are bangin' hella coked-up sluts huh?!

• Between this place and crackspace, it's hard to be productive lately...

Am I alone here?

Nah, too busy politickin on here.. Besides, what would Miss Bassie think?

Am I alone here?

Nah, too busy politickin on here.. Besides, what would Miss Bassie think?

Word. Enjoy your day, brotha (no ali). I'm about to venture into real life affairs.

• Be careful out there. Shit can get REAL...

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door--- that way Lumbergh can't see me--and after that, I just sorta space out for about an hour. I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I need your jobs right now!

At the moment I work 135% of a normal work day (9-6).
    thats atleast 2 to 3 hrs of extra hrs.

Atleast the moneys right. Just when do I spend it, or rather when do I have the time to spend with the stuff I bought...OR RATHER...when am I able not just to pass out and go braindead in my freetime to balance out work...

perhaps I should try the cokethread

Be careful out there. Shit can get REAL...

Hi!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

My work/art takes me 98% of my time, I spend the rest of my time with the friends...

• 7:35 - Arrive at work
    7:45 - Common Planning Time
    8:20 - English 21
    9:13 - Hall Monitoring (not work)
    10:08 - World Literature
    10:56 - Lunch (not work)
    11:31 - World Literature
    12:31 World Literature
    1:24 - World Literature
    2:17 - Prep (not work)
    3:30 - Soccer Practice (sorta work)

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

10:08 - World Literature

Can you give me some advice on Kafka?

• 10:08 - World Literature

Can you give me some advice on Kafka?

We don't teach Kafka, unfortunately, since I want to do The Metamorphosis. I haven't read The Castle or The Trial, but they're considered classics, of course. You probably can't go wrong with any of them, but I'm of no use to you.

We teach, among other shorter works, Mark Mathabane's Kaffir Boy, All Quiet on the Western Front, Elie Weisel's Night, and Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I spend most of my day working (~ 90%-95%) because I have a shitload of work to do. Things are hectic especially when I'm teaching (Fall & Spring semesters; no summers). On top of teaching, I work on multiple research projects, serve on committees, and ad hoc review manuscripts submitted to various journals. I just made an editorial board (Journal of Management), so this will mean even more manuscript reviews this year. Summer is a little more laid back, since I'm able to focus primarily on research. Thus, I tend to work about 75%-80% of the workday, and I might even cut out early on ocasion on Fridays (unless I have something pressing to do). I'm grindin' out here!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

We don't teach Kafka, unfortunately, since I want to do The Metamorphosis.
    I haven't read The Castle or The Trial, but they're considered classics, of course.
    You probably can't go wrong with any of them, but I'm of no use to you.

We teach, among other shorter works, Mark Mathabane's Kaffir Boy, All Quiet on the Western Front, Elie Weisel's Night, and Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist.

Oh I see.
    You should read THE TRIAL, THIS is a classic.

I'm about to read THE CASTLE real soon.

I've read THE METAMORPHOSIS, A COUNTRY DOCTOR, IN THE PENAL COLONY and his JOURNAL too and some other novels.

But I'm still NEW to his work, need more infos.

Thanks.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I need a good 1/2hr to 45mins of solid mornig net surfing before i can become productive

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    8 am to 4 - 4:30 pm teaching high school. I get a conference period and lunch in the middle, but I'm usually grading class work for most of that.

If I have essays or tests there's another 1-4 hours grading after I get home.

I need a good 1/2hr to 45mins of solid mornig net surfing before i can become productive

• good question. 6 hours. life is all about balance. peace, stein. . .

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    1/2 of the day max.

and my actual work is scoring the interwebs for funny film clips. So when im not meeting with so called 'creatives' i watch bullshit videos all day.

Stoked that we are launching a new channel on the site focused on 'pretty ladies not wearing much clothes' so for the next month or so im paid to watch dirty movies.

sure beats some of the shitty jobs ive held down in the past:

Dishpig
    Groundsman
    Bouncer
    Laborer
    Counter Jockey
    Fruit Picker
    Garbageman
    Sheetmetal worker
    Jizz buster
    Bank teller
    Shit shoveler (farmhand)

and of course my career for the last 13 years: Bartender.

• I'm self employed so I'm only stealing from myself when I spend six hours of my workday looking at the internots. It can be a problem.